It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparing to climb a mountain to talk to God, I am serious.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I'm not really a religious person, however, regardless if your deity replies or not, I hope your visit to the mountain gives you clarity and peace of mind.

I've been in a position in my life where I've attempted to reach out to "God", I've attended church and I couldn't find the connection I was searching for.

I hope your experience differs from my own and I wish you a safe and pleasant journey, what you're planning to do shows dedication, ignore these folks who decide to mock you, regardless of the result of this experience you'll grow spiritually or emotionally.

I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

But then you'll wake up and realise you never escaped and you're back inside the cave with the monster cannibals

To the op:

You're not planning on taking your son to the top of the mountain are you?.....do you ever hear voices in your head?

edit on 15-1-2016 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VanGcouverite

Generally, you do things like that in order to break yourself down, strip away all the other stuff and distractions and focus/free your mind.

If you don't achieve that with climbing your mountain as a preparatory step, then you might as well simply talk to Him in a parking lot.

I find I get a lot achieved just by spending 10 to 15 minutes in silent prayer every night before bed.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

You miss the point: God is within...not above, not below, not over here-over there.

I think He/She/They/Them/It will find it humorous you went to such lengths trying to find something that is already within.

Now, if you mean you are taking a form of Native American "vision quest", that I can understand.

God does not reside on Mt. Olympus, Valhalla, or any other singular location...but EVERYWHERE
edit on 15-1-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
God does not reside on Mt. Olympus, Valhalla, or any other singular location...but EVERYWHERE

Just your god, actually. Other gods are said to reside on Mt. Olympus.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Said by whom?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Said by whom?

The other religions of the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hello...VanGcouverite....Did you make it back from your trip up the mountain without getting hurt?

Hello.....Hello....did you get abducted by aliens?

Hope VanGcouverite is Ok.
edit on 15-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Don't be surprised if he abandons the thread. All anyone wants to do is make fun of him/her. Those of us who are genuinely supportive and curious will just be drowned out by Atheist bigots anyway.

True intolerance on display.

edit on 1/15/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: rickymouse
Those of us who are genuinely supportive and curious will just be drowned out by Atheist bigots anyway.

I have a tendency to reject the support of personality disorders such as those within Schizophrenia Spectrum.

I suggest therapy rather than the continued appraisal of following one's hallucinations and delusions. Especially when the person is so distraught that they are putting themselves in severe danger because of those delusions.

I suppose you also support the parents that force their ill children to forego medical procedures in order to express their faith-healing beliefs out of 'support and curiosity' too?
edit on 15/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

oh whoo hoo - the idiot has tacticool NVGs - of course thats all you need for climbing mountains in the dark .

what utter bollox

you are aware of thier flaws ................. arnt you ?

i dont mean well - i am actually concerned for the MRT // SAR personel who will have to sescue you when your cluster# goes tits up

because you didnt listen to anyone who knows what they are talking about - but dreamt of the awesome conversation you would have with your imaginary friend
edit on 15-1-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I really think you are reaching there Ghost. Danger, schizophrenia, therapy? I mean, really?

One man's mountain, is another man's molehill.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I really dont see how you come to that. I have been at peaks 14,000 ft, and little bitty ones at 5,000 ft. The latter in the dark.

It really isnt that hard. Unless you are a keyboard jockey for a lifestyle.

I fully support his endeavor.

Until you have climbed your mountain, you wont know you can. And you wont know you cant.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

I really think you are reaching there Ghost. Danger, schizophrenia, therapy? I mean, really?

One man's mountain, is another man's molehill.

A person wants to spontaneously climb a mountain, intentionally in the dark, probably without notifying anyone else and most likely having little to no experience in mountaineering practices. You do not find this dangerous?

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and lack of motivation. You do not see how the OP's words and actions do not replicate those found in this disorder?

The coupling of these do doesn't suggest a person should go to therapy, because?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

ok - please read my first post in this thread

done that ?

i come to that based on the OPs attitude

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm with you dude... the OP needs help or to seriously consider their actions.
Climbing a mountain as a symbolic gesture, personal challenge... escape the rat race, recharge the batteries... peace and quiet or something then cool.
Doing it to "talk" to an unknown entity or a voice in one's head, is about as mental as it gets.

edit on 15/1/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yes schizophrenia is a mental disorder. One where they make things up to fit their realities. Like saying ...

...probably without notifying anyone else and most likely having little to no experience in mountaineering practices.

You see how easy that was for me to say?

Now, was that fair? No. I too dont like to mock. But I think in this case it is appropriatly returned.

To be fair you are correct, one shouldnt take endeavors they may not be prepared for. But one also should not suggest as you have, based on ignorance. And that is what I am watching in this thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Precisely.

There is a difference between a mountaineer who is experienced, knowledgeable, and pre-plans their expeditions, no matter what reason they have in wanting to summit a mountain.

The OP clearly does not hold these traits. They do not respect the mountain, they are clearly unstable, they are doing this spontaneously, and their reasoning is to contact a deity.

I wonder, if the OP had said everything identically, but his reason was he wanted to go see the invisible unicorns and be one with the unicorns, would these supporters still hold their position?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yes schizophrenia is a mental disorder. One where they make things up to fit their realities.

You have a very shallow understanding of Schizophrenia if you believe schizophrenic people intentionally make up things.

Like saying: probably without notifying anyone else and most likely having little to no experience in mountaineering practices.

I'm sorry, you had evidence to show he did notify other people? Because in his OP he was clearly emotionally unstable and sporadic. He expressed no pre-planning or respect for the venture he wants to take part in, why would we assume he notified others for safety measures if he hasn't done anything any respectable mountaineer would do?

Also, the quote you have isn't a direct claim if I said "probably". You're argument is based on a number of falsifications.

To be fair you are correct, one shouldnt take endeavors they may not be prepared for. But one also should not suggest as you have, based on ignorance. And that is what I am watching in this thread.

Ignorance of what? I made observations, there are disorders which fit with the OP's tone, action and mentality, he is clearly putting himself in danger, and it is evident he needs therapy.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I have to agree with some of the things you have mentioned here in this thread.
I think the Op is possibly planning something that could have disastrous results.
I feel if the op is serious about wanting to go to a mountain to talk to God he
should go.But,he should make sure that someone knows where he is going and
when to expect him back.
Another thing that has me concerned is why post a thread about wanting to talk
to God,that should be a personal quest.I wonder if he is weighing in on our responses
to his quest?
There is nothing wrong in sharing a person's religious experience with others as inspiration.
Something doesn't seem quite right to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join