It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Town Hall: Obama Rips Gun Control Fiction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This was NOT the awful thing that some spread doom about for days. It was actually extremely reasonable. for both sides of the fence. I have the idea that one side will continue to say it wasn't and have nothing to back it up, though.

source

source

source

That WOULD be a conspiracy LOL

+51 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
let me take a wild guess. You voted for Obama right?

If you did, we have nothing further to discuss.

townhall.com...
edit on 8-1-2016 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

townhall.com...

That is not relevant to this post and I wasn't exactly discussing anything with you, in particular.

+43 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Ok, my question was answered.

We have nothing further to discuss, thank you.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

I guessed one side would not agree. I didn't guess that one side would ask me who I personally voted for and note their proclivities to discuss this...but I should have. They always want to say something personal and then something that makes one wonder why they posted in the thread to begin with., especially if they weren't going to discuss it.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Ok, my question was answered.

We have nothing further to discuss, thank you.

you discussed it twice.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I voted for Obama and canvased the street to help get him elected in 2008. Biggest regret I have ever had. I hope this traitor to liberty rots in hell sooner rather than later. There is no room for self declared kings (by actions) in America. While we are at it, we should get rid of all Monarchies on Earth just for good measure, and ever new structure should be equipped with a rifle by default as part of an amended national building code.

Every family should have a rifle included with the purchase of a new home if they don't already own one if you ask me.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

That's probably the most immature comment of the day. Purely because someone voted for someone 8yrs ago you turn on the ignore blinkers? I bet you are going to succeed in life when you come up against managers and colleagues that think differently.

Sadly, this is a typical representation of somepeople who are against Obama and his gun laws. They dont care about the substance, facts, conversation, debate or details.. they just want to hate and be ignorant because its the ''cool'' thing to do.

Don't worry reldra, there are many on here whom appreciate your p.o.v
edit on am117318082016-01-08T01:17:15-06:00012016p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

+47 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It was an Administration campaign event for Obama's policies. You can't really call it a "Town Hall" event/discussion/debate or whatever when it's invite only by CNN and the White House.

And it's not like anyone there who's opinion differed from the Democrat's narrative was going to change Obama's mind about anything.

Add in the fact that the executive actions are going to have zero impact on stopping crazy determined individuals from killing people if they want to.

It was an ego stroke fest for Obama to make it look like he was accomplishing something. A puppet show for the masses.

link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

a rifle, yes. No problems. Self defense is fair game..

But an automatic machine gun similar to what the army uses?

no.

Also, he's not taking away guns or stopping you from getting guns, he's closing loop holes on background checks.

You'd think (by the reaction of some) that he was going door to door demanding you turn in your guns or you will have your house bulldozed. A completely disproportionate response to reality!

+10 more 
link   
You can't reason with them, if you do they'll start screaming about the second amendment, even if they just understand half of it.

I've said it before.

Gun nuts are amongst the most selfish people in the US. To them, their fantasy of someday stopping a mass shooting is more important to them than preventing lunatics with histories of mental illness from easily buying rifles and handguns

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
I voted for Obama and canvased the street to help get him elected in 2008. Biggest regret I have ever had. I hope this traitor to liberty rots in hell sooner rather than later. There is no room for self declared kings (by actions) in America. While we are at it, we should get rid of all Monarchies on Earth just for good measure, and ever new structure should be equipped with a rifle by default as part of an amended national building code.

Every family should have a rifle included with the purchase of a new home if they don't already own one if you ask me.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I worked the phones for him in both elections. I don;t see that he has declared himself king. That is kind of a paranoid and delusional mind state.

Possibly you want to speak to the 25 or so monarchies personally?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It was an Administration campaign event for Obama's policies. You can't really call it a "Town Hall" event/discussion/debate or whatever when it's invite only by CNN and the White House.

And it's not like anyone there who's opinion differed from the Democrat's narrative was going to change Obama's mind about anything.

Add in the fact that the executive actions are going to have zero impact on stopping crazy determined individuals from killing people if they want to.

It was an ego stroke fest for Obama to make it look like he was accomplishing something. A puppet show for the masses.

CNN organized it, it was their idea. You may not believe it, but it is true.

What is an administration campaign event?
edit on 8-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra What I have against his B.S. is his hard on for the NRA. He is right, and wrong when he said that they were right down the road. I am not right down the road, nor are the majority of the other Americans who belong. He pretty much lost any last chance of even the tiniest bit of credibility after the San Bernardino attack.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck
a reply to: reldra What I have against his B.S. is his hard on for the NRA. He is right, and wrong when he said that they were right down the road. I am not right down the road, nor are the majority of the other Americans who belong. He pretty much lost any last chance of even the tiniest bit of credibility after the San Bernardino attack.

that makes no sense. I also have not seen him 'not like' the NRA. Though you choose 'hard on for'.

What did he do about the San Bernardino attacks that you, personally, could have done better?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm sorry you feel that way. It is a serious topic of discussion in this country. Weird to think it is an 'ego stroke fest' for the President.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra He came right out and called for gun control, and would not call it what it was. And you have never seen him "not like" the NRA? What planet have you been living on?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Hi reldra, I have a question for you.

Did I understand correctly, that he said "Congress has blocked any funding on how to best deal with gun control"? Not word for word what he said, but something about not funding study on the matter.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck
a reply to: reldra He came right out and called for gun control, and would not call it what it was. And you have never seen him "not like" the NRA? What planet have you been living on?

This planet. It was a Town hall to discuss gun regulations or controls. That was the purpose, kind of silly if you are just realizing it now.

CNN invited the NRA, they declined. I have never seen Obama say he didn't like the NRA. Can you find that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join