It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Town Hall: Obama Rips Gun Control Fiction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: reldra

Hi reldra, I have a question for you.

Did I understand correctly, that he said "Congress has blocked any funding on how to best deal with gun control"? Not word for word what he said, but something about not funding study on the matter.

I don't know. I would have to watch it all over again. I do know congress blocks everything to do with improving gun regulations. They have blocked 'smart gun' legislation. That may be what it points to.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
gun grabbers will lose. that will be all.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply.

I watched it twice and caught it the second time. I guess I will watch it again.

It was toward the end, around the time they had interviewed the young man.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
I voted for Obama and canvased the street to help get him elected in 2008. Biggest regret I have ever had. I hope this traitor to liberty rots in hell sooner rather than later. There is no room for self declared kings (by actions) in America. While we are at it, we should get rid of all Monarchies on Earth just for good measure, and ever new structure should be equipped with a rifle by default as part of an amended national building code.

Every family should have a rifle included with the purchase of a new home if they don't already own one if you ask me.

I voted for Obama the first term.Not only that , I persuaded some of my friends and acquaintances to vote for him as well. I have spent the last 6 years apologizing to everyone. Turning the US into his caliphate one small step at a time...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

www.washingtonpost.com... /

I believe this is what he was refering to.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It was an Administration campaign event for Obama's policies. You can't really call it a "Town Hall" event/discussion/debate or whatever when it's invite only by CNN and the White House.

And it's not like anyone there who's opinion differed from the Democrat's narrative was going to change Obama's mind about anything.

Add in the fact that the executive actions are going to have zero impact on stopping crazy determined individuals from killing people if they want to.

It was an ego stroke fest for Obama to make it look like he was accomplishing something. A puppet show for the masses.

While I applaud your futile attempt to explain reality to these adult flunkies that support King Obama, I am done. they annoy me now. I do not have your patience in dealing with individuals that support a traitor.
edit on 8-1-2016 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: darkwingduck
a reply to: reldra He came right out and called for gun control, and would not call it what it was. And you have never seen him "not like" the NRA? What planet have you been living on?

This planet. It was a Town hall to discuss gun regulations or controls. That was the purpose, kind of silly if you are just realizing it now.

CNN invited the NRA, they declined. I have never seen Obama say he didn't like the NRA. Can you find that?

The NRA declined because they will not actively participate in dismantling individual liberties.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
This was NOT the awful thing that some spread doom about for days. It was actually extremely reasonable. for both sides of the fence. I have the idea that one side will continue to say it wasn't and have nothing to back it up, though.

source

source

source

That WOULD be a conspiracy LOL

I guess you would of thought that showers before you enter a Nazi concentration camp would of been reasonable too?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

A gun is simply a tool. Regardless of how you see it being used that doesn't change the fact its a tool. A knife is a tool, a car is a tool ect. The tragic events of mass shooting required tools if I'm not mistaken propane and flares had been used as improvised bombs, A pressure cooker and black gun powered created a bomb in Boston but we hear no issue from people using propane at cook outs and mothers having pressure cookers taken away by police.

Nobody has addressed the real issue here. Which is mental health and a population who feels neglected regardless of race. A black police office went on a hunting spree killing other officers and people he deemed cheated him, A mentally ill kid decided to kill a bunch of kids, A guy shoots up a movie theater and other events. All of these people shared the same problem mental health not just guns. Most of these people had been on medications but that's not the only problem they all shared in a mentally unhealthy view or religious belief.

Even if you take away the guns, Even if you ban hate speech, Even if you nerf the world so no one can hurt people. You cant stop people from thinking

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You are not walking into any store and legally buying an automatic machine gun similar to the military.

Can a full automatic machine gun be owned by a private US citizen? Yes, but there are some major hoops to jump through first.

You have to have a special license just to physically posses it in your hands. There has to be an issued stamp (permit) for that very gun. The gun itself had to be manufactured prior to 1986. And after spending all that money (because the gun itself isn't cheap--you are in the neighborhood of $8000-$10000 to meet the above conditions). You have to be available for inspections to ensure the gun is kept safely out of other people's hands.

So if you really want to, you can own a Tomy gun just like Machine Gun Kelly.

But if you want an actual military issued weapon, your best bet is a SKS. Still a semi-auto but you can upgrade from the affixed internal 10 round magazine to a detachable one. Fires the same round as the AK 47

But if you are just bemoaning the AR 15, it actually came before the M16 and was always a civilian rifle before being modified for the military. They both use the same round naturally. Fun fact: the round is not a majorly "killing round" it tends to just wound the victim requiring at least two other people to remove themselves from combat to treat and transport the wounded. Nearly every hunting round (aside from the .22 short) is far more lethal. And to date the 22lr has killed more people than any other round due to common use and longevity of use.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
get rid of buying guns on the internet or gun shows, tougher background and yearly medical/mental checks on all legal gun owners, get caught with a gun without the proper license mandatory minimum 25 years in jail, commit a crime with a gun mandatory minimum 50 years in jail.

I have no problem with people having guns for protection or hunting (personally i'm against hunting for sport) I have a problem with criminals or mentally unstable people having them and perhaps the above ideas would curb them from being on the street.
edit on 8-1-2016 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
A convicted felon also cannot go online and purchase a firearm like Obama said they could "with no questions asked"

The man is an f***ing liar and cannot be impeached soon enough.

He also assured the entire nation that our vetting system that is already in place will not allow terrorist refugees to enter the U.S.

2 were arrested today - one in California, the other in Texas.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It was an Administration campaign event for Obama's policies. You can't really call it a "Town Hall" event/discussion/debate or whatever when it's invite only by CNN and the White House.

And it's not like anyone there who's opinion differed from the Democrat's narrative was going to change Obama's mind about anything.

Comments?

Obama fielded questions from... critics ranging from a gun executive to a sheriff, a rape survivor and a murder victim's widow.

...for the most part Obama sought to address the concerns of gun owners in response to their questions. He also said he would be willing to speak to the NRA even though the organization declined to participate.

edit on 8-1-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
get rid of buying guns on the internet or gun shows, tougher background and yearly medical/mental checks on all legal gun owners, get caught with a gun without the proper license mandatory minimum 25 years in jail, commit a crime with a gun mandatory minimum 50 years in jail.

I have no problem with people having guns for protection or hunting (personally i'm against hunting for sport) I have a problem with criminals or mentally unstable people having them and perhaps the above ideas would curb them from being on the street.

Why would you turn anyone into a criminal that isn't? people trade and buy guns everyday - its their personal private property. They are not breaking any laws.

Did a background check stop the Aurora shootings? Did it stop the San Bernardino shootings? The Navy Yard?

Fort Hood? because you know .. Hassan was an Army psychiatrist and had a pretty thorough background check.

[snipped]
edit on Sat Jan 9 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

+5 more 
link   

Obama approved the deal to sell illegal guns to cartels in the hopes RFID chips would track them. When a border patrol agent showed up dead by one of these guns where was he to speak on gun violence? Obama is the last president I want to hear speak of gun control...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Why would you turn anyone into a criminal that isn't? people trade and buy guns everyday - its their personal private property. They are not breaking any laws.

Did a background check stop the Aurora shootings? Did it stop the San Bernardino shootings? The Navy Yard?

Fort Hood? because you know .. Hassan was an Army psychiatrist and had a pretty thorough background check.

[snip]

[snipped]

the aurora shooter and most of the loonies that do mass shootings were on anti depressants and never should have been able to get guns in the first place. those are the types of people that should not be able to legally buy guns imo.
edit on Sat Jan 9 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I agree---Obama is probably the most sound minded president in awhile.
I say to the redneck bubbas and gangsta thugs put your guns down and lets go into the octagon---its more satisfying
edit on 8-1-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck
a reply to: reldra He came right out and called for gun control, and would not call it what it was. And you have never seen him "not like" the NRA? What planet have you been living on?

Wait a second, you're against gun control? I think every sane person in the world is against at least some form of gun ownership.

Or should every convicted felon or legally suspected terrorist be allowed to legally buy unlimited guns & types of guns? Or what about shoulder fire rockets and bazookas? Some of them are shorter than common rifles. Surely you don't think we should all be able to legally buy them & their ammo. And I grew up around a lot of gangs. Should all street gangs be allowed to legally buy fully functional grenade launchers (and their ammo)? In fact, I doubt many people in today's political climate want Syrian refugees and other temporary immigrants to be able to buy unlimited guns here either. There are/were even bazookas that fired nuclear rounds. Should those be legal too?

I wonder if some of you have actually seen how heavily armed some paramilitaries are. There's no way I'd want most people in this country to be able to legally own fully functional anti-aircraft machine guns, shoulder fire rocket launchers, or other heavy arms like that. And there's no way law enforcement would want it either (or armor penetrating ammo, which I believe is also illegal for civilians).

If you agree with any of the points I just made, then you're for certain restrictions on gun ownership, aka "gun control". The real issue is over controlling which types of guns and ammo, their quantities, and the ease of purchasing them.

edit on 8-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: changed a type "wither" into the correct word "either" in the 2nd paragraph. and added "aka gun control" in the last paragraph

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

What about Military veterans?

Their rights are already under assault... a VA rep can declare a Vet unfit and have people come to their home to collect any fire arms.

Vets still loosing gun rights because of VA reporting

Past analysis has found more than 99 percent of the names listed as mentally defective in the FBI's database came from the VA, and the issue has caused heated debates on Capitol Hill in recent years.

"Congress needs to understand what justifies taking such action without more due process protections for the veteran," Grassley, chairman of the Judiciary Committee, wrote in the letter to Holder.

This was from April 2015, the very people that swore to protect and defend the constitution are losing their rights without a trial... just some bozo from the VA saying he/she is unfit because the spouse handles the benefits.

So all the people saying nobody is taking your guns... the fed is going after some of us.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Except for the fact he can't change gun laws using executive orders. His royal pain in the ass must ask congress to change the laws.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join