It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is armed resistance to the government acceptable?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If you see what's going on in our world, in regards to our over bearing government and the banks that own them, a person may believe that time is now.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

What time is it?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here's a follow-up that I never see asked ... what are you all going to do on Day Two?

Let's say your "long-overdue" rebellion works. The Federal government, for some reason, dissolves itself.

What happens then?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The military assigns temporary regional command governance to officers until the civilian government is reconstituted if the same model is to be followed.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

The military assigns temporary regional command governance to officers until the civilian government is reconstituted if the same model is to be followed.

I get it...

A military coup...those usually work out well for the citizens.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Nope, "the military" is a part of the Federal government. The Federal government vanished when so many true patriots finally stood up to it.

The US Federal government is gone.

What now?

(Bravo for admitting you prefer a military junta over our Republic though!
)
edit on 6-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If the current acting government would be gone THE military would be used .
As to your lame attempt at projection,again quit insulting me with your guesses they and thus YOU are too simple,when it comes to figuring me out.
TRAINED professionals have trouble with it.
edit on 6-1-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If the citizens think any sort of revolt could possibly be accomplished without the military backing them they are mistaken.
If the military remains loyal then from the dissenting ranks the selection would most likely take place.
If there IS another civil war each and every person calling for it will curse their words.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

When the power of your 'belief infection' overrides your 'docility malware'!
edit on 7-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
in my opinion, an armed revolt could only be acceptible (wouldn't be successful) if voting for our leaders was revoked. frankly, any nutjob for whatever their grievence, starts resorting to violence or using the threat of violence to get their way theyve crossed a line. making violent threats because more voters elected people and policies you don't like is selfish and childish. sometimes we don't get what we want, deal with it like a grownup and vote again next time.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
With recent events, this becomes an important question. Civil unrest is a growing problem in the US, and with things like the patriot act, bank bailouts, and so much more, it seems like an issue that will continue to keep growing.

With a government controlled not by the people but outside forces in the form of corporations and special interests. The legal ways of fighting against corruption are becoming more and more futile as time moves on. Will frustration created by this cause more armed civil unrest in the future?

Our nations founders made it clear that there are and will be times when revolution is necessary. That such was the case is built into the constitution. We even have the second amendment protecting the citizens rights to remained and armed organized populace partly for this express purpose.

Now I'm not saying we should take up arms yet, but I want to know when it moves from being automatically considered to be terrorism to take up arms to actually full filling the rights and duty set forth by our forefathers to protect the citizenry from a government that's no longer for the people.

This seems to be and important line to define. When is it terrorism, and when is it our duty to each other in defense of house and country?

There comes a time where protesting, lawsuits, and other less violent means become laughable to a truly entrenched political force, and are about as effective as spinning in circles screaming "I'm a fairy lalalala!!!!"

When is revolution not only acceptable but the duty of every citizen in defense of the foundations the country was built upon? At what point do those in power cross the line, and at what point does the futility of peaceful means of resistance require taking up arms?

Are you of the belief armed resistance and revolution is never acceptable? Where do you draw the line?

You Americans are luckier than you realise. Or maybe not, whatever.

But here in Australia, we have had instances similar to the Bundy ranch incident, only in our case it was (government sanctioned) oil companies harassing Australian graziers/land owners, to the point where some of them couldn't take the daily harassment anymore and killed themselves.

Anger and calls for inquiries follow death of anti-CSG farmer George Bender

Yeah sure, (certain) guns are still legal in Australia, but here in australia most australians are dismissive of "conspiracy theories", too stupid and lazy to believe that our politicians don't even try to hide the fact that they are bought and paid for by the biggest national and multinational corporations, and in no way represent We The People.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If the current acting government would be gone THE military would be used .
As to your lame attempt at projection,again quit insulting me with your guesses they and thus YOU are too simple,when it comes to figuring me out.
TRAINED professionals have trouble with it.

I would not dare (or deign) to "figure you out" and haven't tried (although I'd make sure paranoia is on their short list) ... you stated that you believe "the military" would take over in the event that the Federal Government "went away" by some magical means.

The Armed Services are part of the Government. End of story. Complete statement. Argue with that if you can.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You know I have a follow up question to your concerns. Considering that we employ a mercenary army instead of a conscripted one, how exactly would the military function without paychecks because the government no longer exists?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I've never understood this way of thought. You'd think humans were cars, and money gasoline. People found ways to live and function just fine before money came along. We place too much value on cash as if life if really dependent upon it. If there's no government someone has to step in, and someone will til a new system can be put in place. People don't just magically shut down and stop running because there's no paychecks coming in. We'd all be in the same boat, we'd figure it out. Humanity has in the past.

Too many people are so indoctrinated by the almighty dollar they actually believe life depends on it.

Let me put it this way, money is false, it's worth an illusion, if the people of the world rose up tomorrow, said # money, # the world's bullcrap debt, and screw the corporations and their bullcrap cost for everything, took over production, and decided a new system, or simply restructure and redefined the old one, it'd work just fine.

All this, how do we survive without giving into the bankers economic hold on us is indoctrination pure and simple. We need their money only because we allow them to delude us into accepting their chains. So sick of hearing "but how will people pay for these things?" Is why we need a world wide, not just american revolution. We the world need an economic reset.
edit on 1/7/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The entire point of our modern military is that we are a mercenary military. Money may not be required to live your life, but there certainly is a significant portion of the military who are there just for a paycheck (or benefits).

I'm not arguing that life would shutdown without money, but our military most certainly would.
edit on 7-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not necessarily, many of them would stick together to cover the bases of and protect their families. As a result what military we do have would actually be for the people in the interrum.

Let me put it this way, yes our military is mercenary, but that's not why everyone joins, AND anyone with a family has motivations to keep their country stable during such a chaotic period.

I don't think everyone will just up and say, hmm no paycheck, country in chaos, screw it I'm going home, screw protecting my family.

That said, our military presence in other countries will fall to pieces as the mercenary military sais screw your bullscrap I'm going home to protect my family and country during these turbulent times.
edit on 1/7/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Of course not. There would definitely be people who would stay on, but make no mistake, our military would fracture in efficiency without pay. And the longer the soldiers went without pay, the more people would leave to do other things. Heck they already have the training, they could easily splinter off with their squad mates and form small militias that can serve to protect their friends and family.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I didn't say a THING about about belief I commented on a model for a theory,Based on what I've seen before.
Also I highly doubt ANY civilian authorities as we know them could be up to the task,too many REAL TIME actions and decisions need to be performed.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Unless they are abandoned surrounded and killed, which this admin would OF COURSE see happen ,after all they are ONLY expendable infidels to Valerie.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
As long as separation, division and confusing chaos continues there can be no unified course of solidarity among American citizens.

Only anarchy and chaos can happen until there is a plan that can replace the current bureaucracy and put in its place a new government again for the people and by the people.

There is no unified pride at this point, foreign flags being flown at every opportunity, American flags being desecrated, that does not signify a mature and willing nation but instead a romper room filled with amped up childish and destructive behavior.

This administration knew precisely what they were doing with all of the division and open borders, bringing in those who least respect this country for what it is and where it could go under the constitution. Now the key phrase is calling our way of life the old conservative privileged white mans world.

edit on pm131pmThu, 07 Jan 2016 12:53:00 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join