It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the entire universe in one image

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
the entire universe looks like in one image

Came across this article today and thought this was a pretty spectacular image. Pretty ingenius way of portraying it...

On a side note, I'd have LOVED to have a father who knew what a hexaflexagon even was....let alone make them for my birthday party!

edit on 2-1-2016 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

S&f

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

can you buy this?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anansi

can you buy this?

I don't know...but I would image so... It was created by Pablo Carlos Budassi. A musician...which I find even more amazing.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Pretty cool, thanks for posting it.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
On a side note, I'd have LOVED to have a father who knew what a hexaflexagon even was....let alone make them for my birthday party!
Yes that's a rare father indeed and a great image of the universe, thanks for posting it!

originally posted by: Anansi

can you buy this?
The article says the artist put the image in the public domain, which means it's available without charge.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It makes the rest of space look so small having our solar system so big and centered. Still, nice image though I'd like to see one to scale and preferably large in size so I can zoom in

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
It makes the rest of space look so small having our solar system so big and centered. Still, nice image though I'd like to see one to scale and preferably large in size so I can zoom in
It is to a logarithmic scale.

If you saw one to linear scale you'd understand why it's no good. The universe is mostly space, so all you'd see is a lot of space, and a few dots here and there. Even our solar system is that way, the planets are so small compared to the scale of the solar system. Here's the solar system to scale, see how boring it is?

joshworth.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Still, nice image though I'd like to see one to scale and preferably large in size so I can zoom in
There are probably not enough bytes on the internet to do that.

edit on 1/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The size of space hurts my head when you try comprehend just how small and insignificant you are in it, that and I'm always curious what all these galaxies & nebula & red dwarfs and black holes would like with the naked eye and not the filters on Hubble

And Phage how many bytes do you think it would take a for 1/100 scale image of the entire universe ?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
the entire universe looks like in one image

Came across this article today and thought this was a pretty spectacular image. Pretty ingenius way of portraying it...

If you believe the Bible, the outer layer of black grey, red yellow and white is what was created the Second day in Genesis 1:6-8 is the firmament. It is said to look like a crystal sea.

From the earth God spread out out the Stars, the sun and the moon in Gen 1:14-18 (that is why even in this picture Heliosphere or the Geosphere). And this big ball is still expanding.

What you are looking at are the two heavens, the atmosphere is around the earth, and the cosmos. Out side of that is the Abode of God or as Paul called the third heaven 2 Cor 12:2. Nice that outside the firmament it is all white light.

JMHO

edit on 2-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The size of space hurts my head when you try comprehend just how small and insignificant you are in it, that and I'm always curious what all these galaxies & nebula & red dwarfs and black holes would like with the naked eye and not the filters on Hubble

And Phage how many bytes do you think it would take a for 1/100 scale image of the entire universe ?

At what resolution?
Just kidding. A lot...really really a lot. Because:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's just our own galaxy right ?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It would seem so, yes.
It is also an animation, meaning that all of the data are not included in a single "zoomable" image.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

At what resolution?
Just kidding. A lot...really really a lot. Because:

Cool video.

Reminds me of this universe scale page. Pretty decent if you ask me.

The scale of the universe

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Just boggles the mind how huge it all is, especially when you think the furthest a human has ever gone is to the moon. We're really going to have break the laws of physics if we want to get anywhere in space

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

We're really going to have break the laws of physics if we want to get anywhere in space

Or learn some that we don't know about yet.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

what is amazing is that this whole thing too is a animation because we have no craft that far out to give us that view. and I doubt very seriously we would ever see stars passing by us like that. the old star trek speeding past stars just isn't real.

But still never the less impressive video.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Some say we have men on both the moon and mars right now.
Like this guy

or this guy
www.dailymail.co.uk... et.html

I doubt it but they say it is so.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Well the laws we have now are only Earth based theories are they not ? I mean what may hold true on Earth and relatively close space may not hold true for what is beyond our solar system or even galaxy. Hell different galaxies and solar systems may have different properties we haven't been able to detect yet.

We will find out soon though, isn't Voyager reaching the edge of the solar system ? How long until it gets into deep space and more importantly how long to send information back to us ? It has some sensors on it right ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join