It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 not the number of Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hello all

No man may buy or sell, save

1) he that had the mark. The Mark in strongs concordance clearly says it's a branding on the body.

The bible tells us that people will willing want and take this mark. Too many Christians fear taking this, however we have reassurance in the bible that this cannot happen. It clearly tells us that those not written in the book of life from the foundation will NOT take it.

2) The name. This is an all encompassing embodying description, IMHO these are the Leaders of the Angels that Fell. If you like to read the Book of Enoch he tells 200 leaders.

3) The number of the name are the Angels that follow the leaders. The number of a man meaning that these Angels are as numerable as men. To add weight to this Satan took a third of the Angels with him. In revelation we are told of thousands upon thousands ten thousand times ten thousands. If we take just the 10,000 x10,000 this gives us 100 million. A third of which would be 33 million. If you count the number of the beast, or what I think is the number of his Angels 600 three score and six in the following manner 600x20x20x20x6 you come to almost 29 million Angels. This doesn't even include the thousands upon thousands to take a third from and trying to number 29 million entities would seem as plentiful as humans.

Later in Revelation an even larger number is quoted.

we are told that those that worship the beast or have his mark will be destroyed. However nowhere does it says those WITH his name or the number will be. IMHO this is because those that worship will be the fallen angels and a number of humans that know and openly worship him. satan said he would be like the most high and be worshipped. He was their leader.

It is my opinion that Satans personal number is not 666 nor a name relating to that but is the number of his fallen angels.

If you are wondering why angels are buying and selling, well they are released from the pit, these are the locusts that had power to hurt humans. But not those of God, In my opinion they will be the ones selling giving food water and medicine etc to people but they need to take the mark in order for this.

Regards

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: drevill
The modern paranoia about the number 666 is certainly ludicrous.
We are told that the Beast has this number associated with him, but it does not follow that each and every example of 666 is evil, wherever it occurs in the world. People panic about it too easily.

My take on the number is;
For the church of John's time, it probably did mean a reference to the name of Nero, one way or another.
For the later church, it means someone who will resemble Nero in the way that he conducts himself towards the church.
In both cases, it also means that 7, the number that belongs to God, is being replaced by 6, the number that belongs to humanity. In other words, God is replaced at the centre of worship by something of human origin.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Good work
Tell us more

I did read something about the numbers
In the old days the paguns worshiped many gods
And there were good gods and bad gods

To protect themselves from bad gods
Was to place numbers on them
Look it up
Sorry I can't give you much more
Just had a few scotches

The numbers had power over the gods
Numerology has something to do with it
And yes if you are one of Gods ones
The demons can't touch you

He released the angels in Euphrates river
In Iraq and Syria
To go forth and kill a third of man

Each god had a different number
To use for protection
I think to protect yourself from Satan was 616
And that 666 was incorrect
Don't quote me on that

edit on 2-1-2016 by piney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Oh dear Jesus, not another one!!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Everyone in the modern world buys and sells things, so I guess that means that we all have the mark? With that in mind, even Christians have the mark because they buy and sell just like everyone else in modern society.
edit on 1/2/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
No, because the statement "cannot buy or sell without the mark" only applies when the Beast is ruling, and not immediately even then.
It's about imposing an economic boycott on those who don't toe the line.
At the moment we have no world-wide ruler demanding worship of himself, so the circumstances of Revelation ch13 don't exist yet.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

There are plenty of gods who demand worship today, Jesus included.

What happens if someone doesn't toe the line economically in today's world? They are forced to live on the streets and they become homeless. If you're a part of modern society, you toe the line by having a job and paying taxes. Don't pay taxes? You're thrown in jail, your freedom is taken away because you didn't toe the line.

Revelation already happened a long time ago, what you're waiting for is already here.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
While the bible is a book written in a spiritual perspective it also has a worldly undertone.
God states that we will all have a new seal,name given by him on our body's.
There is no question in my mind satan intends to usurp that seal physically

The cashless society, the capacity to control each individual, the power and authority the government will have.

It's a reality in my opinion, satan will enslave humanity with a literal mark that allows us to buy and sell or not
Don't tow the line and you lose all privileges
What will be worshiped is human controlled by the spiritual.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Jesus does not demand worship, He never asked to be worshiped or even prayed to

Time to do a little studying of the truth

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I understand Jesus never demanded us to worship him, he only urged us to love others as ourselves.

That leads to a question though: why do people worship him and ignore his teachings? If we are sent to hell for not worshiping him (church dogma) then that implies that he demands it.

Either way, the "beast system" has been in place for thousands of years now and Jesus has been a facilitator of it. Look at the churches fortune for proof of that, they even have their own country, all because they teach people to worship Jesus as God and that those who don't suffer for eternity.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The fear of the number 666 (or 616) is just another irrational superstition from a book filled with irrational superstitions. Doesn't this set off any alarm bells?
edit on 2-1-2016 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We all have a mark to buy and sell things
Tax codes
National insurance number
Employee number
Vat number

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Hello

I don't think at the time of the so called beast system that the number is an individual. Rather that John is describing a multitude of Angels/demons etc that are under his rule.

Although I admit it's mostly argued that Ezekiel 28:12 is about satans being the standard of created angelic beings I will also argue that I can also mean that he will seal a proportion. In my opinion, in the context of the end times in this chapter, it echoes the mark. And the word for man in Revelation where it says it is the number of a man can mean plural

From Ezekiel 28:12 KJV

12Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Regards

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's about power and control. The Chaldeans marked people and they couldn't buy or sell, in the Papal States in the mid 19th century Jews were only allowed to buy and sell in certain areas etc

This is about being allowed or not allowed and not being unable to buy

Regards

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: piney

In revelation it says that no man can sell or buy. Okay but spirit beings and demons that will have a physical body, such as the locust army will be able to. Strongs concordance gives us banter for selling. I suspect that humans will get nothing unless they barter. And part of the barter will be to take the beast Mark and to bow down and worship the image and the beast. As per Nebuchadnezzar Statue. So no mark. You get nothing. Or the name... So you cannot sell or buy unless you have the name. Which in my opinion are the leaders of the Angels that were bound

Strongs has this to say about the name

me is used for everything which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing, remembering, the name, i.e. for one's rank, authority, interests, pleasure, command, excellences, deeds etc.

Such as how we would describe a marine for example

And the number are those subject to the name, the demonic spirits and other fallen angels that were not cast in chains.

Regards

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's always worth checking the AV against more modern translations.
The RSV has in that Ezekiel verse "You were the signet of perfection", and the next verse is about a setting full of jewels.
Though a footnote adds that the Hebrew is "obscure", this does make more sense in the context than the statement that the king sealed a number of people. It would be about the "sum total" of perfection.

Don't forget there are two beasts in Revelation ch13.
The "beast from the sea" certainly has to be a state, because the image is borrowed from Daniel, where the beasts represent states.
I always think the best way of understanding the "beast from the land" is as the leader of that state.
Then in both respects there would be a focus upon humanity, which would be the point.
I like to use the parallel of Hitler and the Nazi state.

edit on 2-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yep I understand but thanks. Although it goes on about the beauty and stones, it is reflected in revelation. Again it makes me wonder why Christians worry. We are told that only the ones not written in the book of life will worship him. And we are also told in 2 Thessalonians that God will send a great delusion to those that do not believe the truth.

A delusion is something you don't know is not true.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes, they worry about it because they have convinced themselves they can pick up the mark "accidentally", without even knowing about it, let alone consenting. This comes from modern speculation attaching it to things like social security numbers and credit cards. I tried to deal with that fear in my own thread on the subject.
You are right. They can't receive the mark, because they've already been given the seal of Revelation ch7, marking them as God's property.

edit on 2-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Raggedyman

I understand Jesus never demanded us to worship him, he only urged us to love others as ourselves.

That leads to a question though: why do people worship him and ignore his teachings? If we are sent to hell for not worshiping him (church dogma) then that implies that he demands it.

Either way, the "beast system" has been in place for thousands of years now and Jesus has been a facilitator of it. Look at the churches fortune for proof of that, they even have their own country, all because they teach people to worship Jesus as God and that those who don't suffer for eternity.

Jesus told us to pray and worship the Father
Why do people worship Him, He is one with the Father, but there is a theological discussion on its own.
We ignore His teachings because we are of the world
Jesus didn't facilitate it, we behave against His will for self

Jesus is God, He never asked us to worship Him

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Yes, they worry about it because they have convinced themselves they can pick up the mark "accidentally", without even knowing about it, let alone consenting. This comes from modern speculation attaching it to things like social security numbers and credit cards. I tried to deal with that fear in my own thread on the subject.
You are right. They can't receive the mark, because they've already been given the seal of Revelation ch7, marking them as God's property.

Sounds like Calvinisn
Many on that day will say God we performed miracles, coasted out demons, made people laugh

James said we will know them by their works, Works

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join