It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools 'Must Teach Britain Is Christian'.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: chr0naut

Yeah those bronze-age sheep herders and their gadgets.....

Yeah, and how they seemed to know Pi, e and spherical trigonometry.

... and the gravitational attractions of the constellation Orion millennia before anyone else.

... and that whole bit about God standing on the circle of the Earth way before Columbus or even the library at Alexandria.

... and they built big things (like the pyramids) that would push current engineering to achieve.

... and they irrigated desert to make a city (Babylon) famous as a giant man-made garden.

... and they had a usable number system well before the Sumerians.

Those clever Bronze Age sheep herders. Weird, eh!

Waiting for the magic to appear.......2000 years later still waiting.....

I am waiting for someone to suddenly gift me hundreds of millions of dollars, but I have low expectations.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Weirder things have happened, but a collection of desert superstitions and tales of magic jews being true?

Not so much...not outside of a childrens book anyhow..

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

"That's why she's taking a stand to protect the right of schools to prioritise the teaching of Christianity and other major religions."

If this is what it looks like when your country's right wingers go off the deep end, I'll happily trade you my country's right wingers for yours.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The future is to educate them on science and leave religion to the past.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The Right wing is going off the deep end here in the UK.

Out of curiosity, do you think there should be a christian country? Do you think any country should be a Muslim country?

Haven't you noticed....

There are Christian countries and Muslim countries....seems to be working out ok

Riiight, but the whole point is left wingers in Christian countries are claiming they arent christian countries.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Unless of course they're muslim or any other culture because those cultures are to be revered and respected.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

ha?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Riiight, but the whole point is left wingers in western countries are claiming they arent christian countries.

Fixed for you..

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Unless of course they're muslim or any other culture because those cultures are to be revered and respected.

No it's just that not all muslims or Muslim countries should be treated asthough they're I.S.....as many right-whingers like to do.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Oh I see they are hating on Muslims...mkay.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Where do you get this crap from? No religion means no religion, don't get so butthurt that people are fed up with religion. I am English and will never view us as a Christian nation personally, but I agree by religious majority, if we were to be a religious nation, we would be. Id advocate, if we had to be, Christian over Islam, which only arrived on our shores a few decades after the even of Islam.

Your strawman 'woe is me' attitude just paints you as a moaner. If we were a Muslim majority state your opinions would be much different, whereas mine wouldn't be, because ne of us is disingenuous, and one not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join