It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools 'Must Teach Britain Is Christian'.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

In my opinion, Biblical creation and evolution are totally different things and do not contradict each other. 

Tell That to the creation museum.....

Creationism, biblical creation, creation science all come under the same umbrella, the pseudoscience umbrella. And thankfully the UK has taken a stand when it comes to teaching children on this particular set of superstitional nonsense.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Prezbo369
Right after my reply you went and commented on my late thread with similar insults.

That word doesn't mean what you think it means....

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Strange indeed a Catholic wanting atheism
Taught in schools
Atheism is Marxism
He wants kids to learn communism
Doesn't make sense
There are two Catholics
Devout Catholics
Progressive Catholics
Me thinks this Scotsman is progressive

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Schools must teach nothing of the sort.

A persons route to Christ must never be by way of indoctrination, by way of rote and pressure from mortal authority. That breeds unhealthy results all too often. Arriving at the foot of the lamb by way of ones own travels, ones own free will...that is a different matter all together. Forcing faith down the throats of the young is no more acceptable than spreading the word of Christ by force of arms.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

In my opinion, Biblical creation and evolution are totally different things and do not contradict each other. 

Tell That to the creation museum.....

Creationism, biblical creation, creation science all come under the same umbrella, the pseudoscience umbrella. And thankfully the UK has taken a stand when it comes to teaching children on this particular set of superstitional nonsense.

I couldn't care less how the Creation Museum wants to interpret the Bible. They do not represent my views, which I outlined quite clearly and simply in my previous post.

The fact that you couldn't directly respond to either the thread topic or the content of my post, but instead inserted an absurdist red herring argument about a group that no-one was talking about, seems fairly standard for you.

I have spoken to you before of your penchant for describing things using a ridiculous analogy and then deriding the 'cartoonish' analogy. It isn't an intellectually robust argument.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Click bait. Not even the good stuff at that.
edit on 29-12-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I would like to see all schools for every group devoid of religion. No special private schools for any groups.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The Right wing is going off the deep end here in the UK.

news.sky.com...

Schools must teach that Britain is a Christian country, the Education Secretary has said.

Nicky Morgan also said non-religious beliefs need not be given "equal parity" with religious beliefs.

Under the new Department for Education guidelines, non-faith schools have to reflect the fact that British religious traditions "are in the main Christian" while taking into account teaching about other religions.

Sounds good, if it wasn't for the fact that Religious schools are everywhere in the UK.

Mrs Morgan is understood to have been concerned that humanists were using the court ruling to pressure schools into giving non-religious views more prominence.

A source close to Mrs Morgan said: "Nicky has had enough of campaign groups using the courts to try and force the teaching of atheism and humanism to kids against parent's wishes.

"That's why she's taking a stand to protect the right of schools to prioritise the teaching of Christianity and other major religions."

Interestingly enough this comes off the back of calls from a devout Catholic Scotsman who wants the UK to introduce Atheist Schools in accordance with diversity.

I'll be back with that link shortly.

Top Scots Catholic calls for creation of atheist schools - Daily Record
apple.news...
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

Right wing ?
...umm the UK's Head of State, the Queen , is also head of the Church of England. Whoever next becomes Head of State will also become head of the Church of England.

By definition, the UK is a Christian country.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: piney

'Atheism is Marxism, he wants kids to learn Communism.'

Neither of those two statements is true, but wow what a mind you must have.

If anything, Christianity is Communism, but as an atheist I assure you I'm not a communist. Not that you will take notice, your opinions obviously have no basis in fact.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
All I can say is thank goodness I don't have kids.

Screw the world, don't care, with maybe twenty years left on this ball of dirt it's destruction can't come soon enough for me.

lol

One person's "ball of dirt" is another person's glorious planet with magnificent blue seas, lush vegetation, amazing life forms of all varieties, a blue ocean full of life and astounding creatures; a steadfastness that has nurtured us, fed us, given us air and life and sustained us through thousands of years of trials and catastrophes. Our Earth is so amazing and beautiful.

And it's a ball of dirt to you because at one moment in time a country is claiming a religion you don't like -- In this particular blink of time.

If you see our Earth as only a 'ball of dirt" than you don't deserve it. I hope you learn to find the beauty of our planet, and have respect for every blade of grass it grows, before we completely destroy it.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I would like to see all schools for every group devoid of religion. No special private schools for any groups.

What choice do we have? Religion has become like a wretched pervasive black cloud it was never intended to be, and yet sadly here it is.

Religion in itself is not bad, it's the people who have twisted and distorted it and changed it into the ugly-ness it has become today. So I guess to get people to STHU about it, we must needs go to Plan B, which is to remain silent about it.

Of course that will go for all. No outward telltale signs of what religion you are. For anybody! Not a peep.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
I couldn't care less how the Creation Museum wants to interpret the Bible. They do not represent my views, which I outlined quite clearly and simply in my previous post.

The fact that you couldn't directly respond to either the thread topic or the content of my post, but instead inserted an absurdist red herring argument about a group that no-one was talking about, seems fairly standard for you.

I have spoken to you before of your penchant for describing things using a ridiculous analogy and then deriding the 'cartoonish' analogy. It isn't an intellectually robust argument.

Unsurprisingly the UK government was not thinking of chr0naut's personal and individual belief on what biblical creation entails, because nobody cares.........why would you think they did? pretty bizarre tbh

It was ensuring the typical christian creationism that's prevalent in the US doesn't spread its nonsense over to the UK......i'm sorry you missed that...

And it's done because creationism is pseudoscience and superstitious nonsense that shouldn't be taught to children.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: piney
Strange indeed a Catholic wanting atheism
Taught in schools
Atheism is Marxism
He wants kids to learn communism

LOL what?
What the hell does atheism have to do with Marxism?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Unsurprisingly the UK government was not thinking of chr0naut's personal and individual belief on what biblical creation entails, because nobody cares.........why would you think they did? pretty bizarre tbh

It was ensuring the typical christian creationism that's prevalent in the US doesn't spread its nonsense over to the UK......i'm sorry you missed that...

And it's done because creationism is pseudoscience and superstitious nonsense that shouldn't be taught to children.

The Department for Education in the UK is tremendously underfunded to achieve what it has been mandated by law to do. In terms of the commercial, fiscal world, it is bankrupt now and the hole is getting deeper. As well as educational responsibilities, it now must also feed the students.

The only solution that has been proposed is to somehow cut funding. This is happening. They have implemented law to totally cut funding to certain schools based on a fairly minor curricular point. They have already totally cut funding to 14 schools, many of which were performing well in standardized testing of students. The schools were closed, not because they weren't doing their job well, they were closed because the DoE could do it and requires massive cuts to achieve budget.

Cutting ALL funding to a school means that the school either has to solicit significant and unexpected fees, or the school must simply close.

If parents suddenly find that they must pay exorbitant fees, they are forced to enroll the students in another school (where the same thing may happen) or simply pay up. During the time the students are being re-enrolled, they receive NO organized education at all.

Schools with insufficient rolls and no government funding will be forced to close, so regardless of the path, the legislation closes schools.

Schools that are closed don't teach ANYTHING, not even evolution, so therefore the legislation does not, and can not, promote the teaching of evolution (which many seem to believe is what the legislation is about).

People are being politically manipulated, because they are unable to think outside the limited paradigm of their own opinion.

I did not, and do not advocate American Fundamentalist Creationism, yet you take up an adversarial position as if I did, because you filter the whole world through the pinhole of your opinion.

I believe that evolution should be taught as a science subject. I do not believe that the Creation narrative from the Bible should be suppressed by law, it is a component of Religious Education (it isn't a science subject). The issue is one of free speech, which apparently is no longer a human right in the UK within the grounds of a school.

edit on 30/12/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The Department for Education in the UK is tremendously underfunded to achieve what it has been mandated by law to do. In terms of the commercial, fiscal world, it is bankrupt now and the hole is getting deeper. As well as educational responsibilities, it now must also feed the students.

The only solution that has been proposed is to somehow cut funding. This is happening. They have implemented law to totally cut funding to certain schools based on a fairly minor curricular point. They have already totally cut funding to 14 schools, many of which were performing well in standardized testing of students. The schools were closed, not because they weren't doing their job well, they were closed because the DoE could do it and requires massive cuts to achieve budget.

Cutting ALL funding to a school means that the school either has to solicit significant and unexpected fees, or the school must simply close.

If parents suddenly find that they must pay exorbitant fees, they are forced to enroll the students in another school (where the same thing may happen) or simply pay up. During the time the students are being re-enrolled, they receive NO organized education at all.

Schools with insufficient rolls and no government funding will be forced to close, so regardless of the path, the legislation closes schools.

Schools that are closed don't teach ANYTHING, not even evolution, so therefore the legislation does not, and can not, promote the teaching of evolution (which many seem to believe is what the legislation is about).

People are being politically manipulated, because they are unable to think outside the limited paradigm of their own opinion.

.....so it's a conspiracy.....a humanist conspiracy......and it's not about religous schools teaching creationism in place of evolution....wat

I did not, and do not advocate American Fundamentalist Creationism, yet you take up an adversarial position as if I did, because you filter the whole world through the pinhole of your opinion.

No you were mistaken in thinking that the creationism in question was your particular version of that mysticism, and I pointed out your error, which you didn't like at all...

I believe that evolution should be taught as a science subject.
I do not believe that the Creation narrative from the Bible should be suppressed by law, it is a component of Religious Education (it isn't a science subject). The issue is one of free speech, which apparently is no longer a human right in the UK within the grounds of a school.

The magical tale of creation in the bible, along with the tale of the flood and the tale of the man walking on water or any other magic tale, are not being suppressed in any way. What is being suppressed is the attempts by some religious people to replace a proven scientific theory with what they would like to be true, magical creation. But you do think this is all a conspiracy so it's not surprising that you do think it's being suppressed by the humanist overlords...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

.....so it's a conspiracy.....a humanist conspiracy......and it's not about religous schools teaching creationism in place of evolution....wat

No you were mistaken in thinking that the creationism in question was your particular version of that mysticism, and I pointed out your error, which you didn't like at all...

I believe that evolution should be taught as a science subject.
I do not believe that the Creation narrative from the Bible should be suppressed by law, it is a component of Religious Education (it isn't a science subject). The issue is one of free speech, which apparently is no longer a human right in the UK within the grounds of a school.

The magical tale of creation in the bible, along with the tale of the flood and the tale of the man walking on water or any other magic tale, are not being suppressed in any way. What is being suppressed is the attempts by some religious people to replace a proven scientific theory with what they would like to be true, magical creation. But you do think this is all a conspiracy so it's not surprising that you do think it's being suppressed by the humanist overlords...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke.

edit on 30/12/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yeah those bronze-age sheep herders and their gadgets.....

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yeah, and how they seemed to know Pi, e and spherical trigonometry.

... and the gravitational attractions of the constellation Orion millennia before anyone else.

... and that whole bit about God standing on the circle of the Earth way before Columbus or even the library at Alexandria.

... and they built big things (like the pyramids) that would push current engineering to achieve.

... and they irrigated desert to make a city (Babylon) famous as a giant man-made garden.

... and they had a usable number system well before the Sumerians.

Those clever Bronze Age sheep herders. Weird, eh!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Clearly some impressive science went into those achievements. Good on them.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yeah, and how they seemed to know Pi, e and spherical trigonometry.

... and the gravitational attractions of the constellation Orion millennia before anyone else.

... and that whole bit about God standing on the circle of the Earth way before Columbus or even the library at Alexandria.

... and they built big things (like the pyramids) that would push current engineering to achieve.

... and they irrigated desert to make a city (Babylon) famous as a giant man-made garden.

... and they had a usable number system well before the Sumerians.

Those clever Bronze Age sheep herders. Weird, eh!

Waiting for the magic to appear.......2000 years later still waiting.....

edit on 30-12-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join