It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has your child ever said something that was creepy or weird?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
My 5 year old has told me several times that at night she is visited by her "other mommies."

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: angryhulk

Outstanding! This is what I come to ATS. To hear others experiences.

Looking back we realize these experiences were of a paranormal nature because only looking back do we add it all up. Where one or two instances could be dismissible, the sum total of all of them makes us go, Hey…

Adding corroboration from your mom (another witness) who agrees with you, now that you mention it.

At the time you would have been thought crazy for discussing it, time and distance gives people pause to reflect and disassociate from the fear and denial (did you hear that, I didn't hear that), the creepiness, the haunted atmosphere, the glad to have gotten the hell out of there.

So welcome to the forced acceptance of the spirit realm. You no longer have any choice in the matter-- I mean spirit.

Thanks for brining it, two thumbs up!

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the thread.

Also, I agree on your point as when we were discussing the house and the events we were left scratching our heads. Each individual event at the time can be brushed off however as a collective your left asking the question "was something paranormal happening there?".

It's a funny old world.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I like this thread, thanks for sharing every one.

My younger Brother had a gaurdian angel growing up, an old lady used to be near when something happened to him, for example, when he was very young he fell over in the Sea and was swamped by waves, he said an old lady pulled him up.

When he was older he fell through the glass of his bedroom window and onto the pavement below, old lady was there and he was uninjured.

He was knocked over by a Mini getting off the school bus, the old lady was watching from the other side of the road, not a scratch on him.

He used to see her in his room when our parents were in the middle of a divorce. I think that was the last time he saw her.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Each individual event at the time can be brushed off however as a collective your left asking the question "was something paranormal happening there?".

Thats why I enjoyed your retell, it corroborates my experiences, too. We don't know each other but have similar common experiences, and thats how everyone learns more about the phenomena.

Asking others to share about heir children's experiences was a nice touch to add to the thread.

My brother owned a house that had "things going on" in it. I was personal witness to some of it. He remained in denial but eventually sold it for no apparent reason after he sunk a ton of money refurbishing it. He took a huge loss at a time when the market was slumped. which is also totally out of his greedy norm.

My brother is a "churchian" so believes all spirit manifestation is evil and refuses to acknowledge any other ideas about the world in which he lives. His son doesn't talk bout it openly when his dad is around, but shares it with me when we baby sit over at my moms house.

Talk of doors opening by themselves and sounds in the closet, kind of stuff.

I was with him in his room over there one time when a loud thump sounded from the floor beneath our feet. We just froze and looked at each other. He pointed at where the sound camera from, confirming he heard it and where exactly it came form. It was way too loud to be a critter or floor boards or water pipe, heat ducting, house shifting or earthquake (this is quake country and I know what they are) We both stared eyes wide at each other for a bit and without a word exchanged between us knew exactly what it was and was not. My brother poked his head in right then and hadn't heard a thing. We didn't mention it.

giggity

He would have dismissed it or worse, made an issue of trying to infect his kid with evil ideas. I still clown him a little about why he sold that house when there was no reason to. He knows, just can't admit to it. Looking back, too bad we still can't openly discuss it in the family because theywilllaways be 'afraid of ghosts' and in denial from their religious perspective, dismissing any such notion with a raised eyebrow and flip of the wrist. Kids are under no such delusion, not yet corrupted by adult misconceptions, they are still fresher from the spirit world, as it were.

Those are really cool moments to be alive. Non threatening, get your attention paranormal is compelling stuff.

Thank the spirit realm for places like ATS.
edit on 29-12-2015 by intrptr because: spelling and additional

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

That's weird. No. I mean that friggin strange.
The last thing I do at night is lock all the doors. It's a "ritual" I go through before I go to bed.
Feed the fish
Make sure all the animals have fresh water.
Check the ferrets food.
Set the thermostat.
Check front and back doors, lock the dead bolts and the door locks.
Every night for years, that's been the routine. In the last 2 weeks, in the morning, I've found the front door unlocked 5 times. I am an extremely light sleeper. Just walking in to the room will wake me up and nothing moves in this house at night with me not knowing about it.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I was visiting my grandmothers grave when my stepson was about 3yo. It was a nice day and the lad was playing, his mum was on a bench 30 yards away and I was having a moment of silent contemplation. I looked back at my lady who was coming over to me, stepson came over too and out of nowhere he started speaking Hungarian.
My grandmother was Hungarian but had not been home in over 50 years, my lady and her boy had never met her and yet, plain as day the lad was happily chatting in a language he had never heard. We both stayed silent until he had finished speaking then we walked away. After a few minutes my wife asked him what he had been saying and he simply said "I didn't say anything"
We looked at each other then I said "who did"
His answer chilled us
"I don't know her"

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

Wow, a family ancestor, apparently female, speaking to you through your son? One possibility…

Some think that our passed on family ancestors are around us here somewhere, waiting…

Some feel they interact with us from time to time in our dreams, ever have a dream you're with someone familiar, you know them but don't recognize them or know their name?

Sometimes we get messages or warnings, sometimes people report near death experiences, meeting their whole family and being "sent back". Sometimes when relations pass they say good by in a dream or "appear'" and disappear suddenly, like saying good bye for now…

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It was an incredible moment, we had only recently lost our daughter and yet
I remember feeling peaceful about things after and shortly after that my wife fell pregnant again ... there were unusual things that this one said too!
reply to: intrptr

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: seanridesajones
I like this thread, thanks for sharing every one.

My younger Brother had a gaurdian angel growing up, an old lady used to be near when something happened to him, for example, when he was very young he fell over in the Sea and was swamped by waves, he said an old lady pulled him up.

When he was older he fell through the glass of his bedroom window and onto the pavement below, old lady was there and he was uninjured.

He was knocked over by a Mini getting off the school bus, the old lady was watching from the other side of the road, not a scratch on him.

He used to see her in his room when our parents were in the middle of a divorce. I think that was the last time he saw her.

I'm glad to hear your brother is OK. That's quite a turbulent time for him.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My son is seeing 'people' for over 10 years in several rooms in our house. When he was five years old we asked him to stick post-its on the locations of where these people sit. We had two colors, yellow and pink. He said he wasn't afraid of all of them but some were mean. We asked to put the yellow ones where the.. uhh... good people were and pink ones where the not-so-friendly are.

There were more than 15 areas tagged like that and half of them pink. We took pictures of that and removed them all. Without him knowing we invited a paranormal person that would cleanse the house. We were not allowed to go into the room with that man and he was busy for quite some time. He was burning something in the rooms and had to do it again after an hour or so. He said that he would lay pieces of cotton with some herb oil on it on locations where the energy was, and a leaf of some plant where very negative energy was.

That was a 100% match with my sons post-its... It helped for a day or so. After that the restless sleeping and nightmares returned. We've had three of them now in our house and they all 'see' the same thing but have different remedies. None work so far, but they all mention my son being 'gifted'. My son is 15 now and is not feeling gifted. He does not want to have anything to do with the energy or 'people' as he calls them.

I've never noticed it before as we usually don't have the heating on upstairs but his room is exceptionally cold.
To this day we have the same herbal oils and some pieces of paper with markings on them in his bedroom and 2 other rooms. He won't talk about it much but sometimes I do see fear in his eyes when he enters a room and quickly turns around.

Guess it'n not just something he said, but actually experiences.

edit on 29-12-2015 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seanridesajones

My brother had a similar experience. When he was very young (3 or 4) my mom took him to a friend's house who had a pool in the back. My brother managed to sneak out the back where the pool was, which was winterized with a cover. He proceeded to fall in and under the cover. A few minutes later he proceeds to come back in the house sopping wet. My mom in shock asked him what happened and he says that he fell in the pool and couldn't get out, and a woman in white pulled him out. There was no woman in white at the house, and my mom chalked it up to it being his guardian angel.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have kind of an odd story about something my youngest daughter said to my wife and I.

It was a few years ago, and my youngest daughter was 6. We got her a pet guinea pig, and brought the pet home, and she was holding it, and it bit her, and she started itching, her face turned red, and then her throat started closing up and she was wheezing, and having trouble breathing. It was a bad atopic allergic reaction; so, my wife and I rushed her to the hospital. They gave her epinephrine, and admitted her for an overnight stay, to make sure the epinephrine would work.

My wife stayed with her in her room all night at the hospital, and I went back home with my other children.

At some point in the night, my wife fell asleep in the hospital room in a chair. When she woke up, my youngest daughter told her "I can't believe you didn't wake up when my angel was here"

My wife asked "What angel?"

My daughter then described a shimmering bright woman who appeared in her room, and that she spoke loud enough that it should have woken up my wife. My daughter called this lady 'her angel'. We don't go to church, or talk about angels .... When hearing a description of this 'angel', my wife wondered if this maybe was her paternal grandmother.

The lady told her "You can have other pets, but you can never touch a guinea pig again, and can not have a guinea pig, and you must stay away from them forever".

My daughter had no reason to lie, and was very matter of fact about this incident. She remembers it to this day.

I took the guinea pig back to the store the next day....

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

My own children did their fair share of strange things when they were little but one time that really stands out in my mind was when I was babysitting my niece. She was close to 2 at the time and while I was changing her diaper, she kept pointing, waving and giggling straight up at the ceiling. I asked who she was speaking with and she pointed straight at the blank ceiling and said "the face!"

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I was watching my neighbors son a 5 year old boy while she ran some errands. We were watching TV, both on the couch.
He looked at me and said "where did you go" I said that I'd been here with him the whole time. He informed me that I walked out the front door and was gone for 30 min. I never left the couch the whole time from my perspective.

Dimensional shift?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Love this thread, thanks everybody!

I was 13 when my grandpa died.
My mom, my grandma, my aunt and my grandpa were all sitting in the kitchen, just a normal afternoon, except that my grandpa had been very upset all day about something.
My grandpa was sitting in a chair about a foot away from me. Then, out of the blue, he got up and stumbled and fell right next to me on the floor.... and got right back up again, looked down at me very surprised, I looked up at him, equally surprised, basically we looked at each other going: WTF???

Then my mom and aunt starting screaming which broke my gaze and made me look down and I had to see my grandpas body lying on the floor, he was dead before he even hit the ground (he had had a massive stroke as we found out later).

Grandpa and I had always been very close, I believe thats why I was able to see him go

A funnier note:
My little niece told me at age 4 that she could see thru walls, she said this so matter of factly that I totally believe her. Maybe I should tell her parents, because their bedroom is next door LOL

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: justbe

I got chills reading your story!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I used to live about 70 miles from where i live today. Lots of strange occurences there, paranormal in nature.

One day a random child on the street stopped me and said "you know, youre a medium."

Thankfully so much weird # like that was happening at the time it was easy to ignore.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
These stories are both fascinating and terrifying! Kinda makes me not want to have kids.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
www.reddit.com... this reddit thread is basically the same as this thread. A good read. Lots of replies
edit on 12/29/15 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
One of my son's when he was like 2 in his crib started to scream and when I went into the room he was standing up holding the side of the crib and looking at a corner of the room. I picked him up and he fought to keep looking at the corner and to get away from it. Once I got him out of the room he calmed down, never to repeat that again. My wife is a Catholic so all kinds of religious artifacts and prayers went on in that room after that...hehe
edit on 29-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join