It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has your child ever said something that was creepy or weird?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Changed my mind about posting
edit on 30-12-2015 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

That sounds so terrible!!! Why was the "subject taboo"?

When you were experiencing the 'torment' would you be screaming and/or crying? Because I cannot begin to imagine refusing my daughter comfort when she's upset, even if she didn't tell the reason...

....my heart just breaks at the thought of your 'little girl self' curled up on the floor, all alone under the bed!

Do you have any idea why you were "plagued" so?

What sort of knowledge/wisdom did you need (and where did you get it?) to protect yourself?

And of course, I understand if you don't want to answer any of my questions...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Changed my mind about posting....

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
double post

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Wow! Some amazing stories. Some head scratchers. Thanks for your input guys.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Phatdamage

Wicked! This one is hard to believe, but when I was 2 or 3, my family lived in a cottage in Shreveport on my grandma's land and I can still remember, like it was yesterday, that when my mom would lay me down in my baby bed, I would see a small child in the upper corner of the room that would sit on the light fixture against the wall. He would always make me laugh, and then he'd put his finger over his mouth and say "Shhh." I would stop laughing and my mom would come in there to see why I wasn't napping. That would have been either 1981 or 1982. Over the Summer, this year, I was talking about while I was visiting and she said she remembered me being noisy but then quiet before she got within sight.

She was a bit skeptical of what I was saying, considering my age, until I told her what the child looked like. She showed me a picture of my grandpa's 4 year old brother and that's exactly what this child looked like. My grandpa's brother died of polio in the 1920's when he was 4 years old. That one sent chills down the spines of everyone listening.

Edit: I described the 4 year old brother before she showed me his picture.

Very weird. One thing is for sure, I would not be laughing if a child was up in the top corner of my room telling me to be quiet.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Freaky!!

I wonder why as children we can see these?

I ended up putting boxes and toys on top of her wardrobe in the end, It bothers me to this day, although i have never seen figures, I feel like there is a presence,

Something that did happen to me though, i was washing up a glass pint glass, in the kitchen, as i put it on the draining board, a plate moved and knocked it off, as i tensed up and shut my eyes awaiting for the impending glass smash, on the concreate tile, yet it never happened, when i opened my eyes, the pint glass was on the draining board, but...... turned upside down from how i left it.

I promptly left, and went for a drive, and would only return when my wife got home (because i'm a wuss!!)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

My 5 yr old daughter was eating her breakfast and I asked her if she'd had a good nights sleep to which she replied ' No, I didn't like the grey person standing in my bedroom' I found this very creepy although the house we live in is new and not creepy in any way.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Animals see these things as well.

One evening I was standing in the living room talking to one of my cats. She was acting normally then, suddenly, she went down to the floor so hard her tail smacked the rug.

She was looking behind me. She quickly stood up, swung around and quickly slunk off into the bedroom.

I looked behind me and, of course, there was nothing there.

I found my cat under the bed. She refused to come out.
edit on 12/30/15 by 123143 because: BLASTED AUTO-CORRECT.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So sorry to be a nuisance, but I must ask, just what it is you were driving at in that post.

It is somewhat late, and my capacity for certain nuances and aspects of communications protocol has quite escaped me for the time being.

You said your son is a chip off the old block. I took that as though he is just like you, and that you may have seen similar things at his age, and knew exactly what he was seeing or wanting. So I was asking what it was that you used to see. That is, of course, if I read you correctly.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

No no, he would do silly things that made me laugh and when my mom would get up to come in there to see why I was making noises and not sleeping, the boy would tell me to be quiet. Looking back, it appears he did it to keep me from getting in trouble. I was only 2 or 3 so fear of ghostly things wasn't a part of my thought process yet.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I think as children, we haven't met the feeling of fear yet. We don't know what it is, and we don't know that whatever is there isn't supposed to be there. A ghost can come and go and as children, we're not aware that people can't just disappear and reappear. That's my opinion anyways. It's not until we're older that we become frightened of such things.

My kitchen has a hallway and a door that goes into my bathroom (the one I've spoken of earlier) and my dog will sometimes walk by and stop and just growl constantly while she stares at the bathroom door. She's not a growler or barker either, so it makes things worse when something catches her attention enough to make her react like that.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Am i the only one reading these posts thinking........... "I ain't sleeping tonight"

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think there may be a little more to it than that personally. Certainly what you said plays a part but I have come across the idea that as children have more recently left the spirit realm, they retain a closer link to it.

It may also be worth considering the idea that as we age, our pineal gland's will (weather through lack of use or calcification by flouride) cease to function as as they ought to.

Awesome thread btw, wish I had a story to share.

edit on 30-12-2015 by March of the Fire Ants because: changes

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

Am i the only one reading these posts thinking........... "I ain't sleeping tonight"

I don't know lol... I've had so many instances with this that it doesn't frighten me anymore. But the dog growling does still freak me out.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: March of the Fire Ants

That's a good assessment too. There's no telling what causes children to see people that have passed.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My daughter used to talk to the " lady and her daughter" in her room upstairs when she was three. Of course we knew it was imaginary people she was talking to, until the day my husband and I heard a woman's voice coming from my daughter's room and we both went tearing up the stairs. When we got up there no one was there except our daughter sitting in the middle of the floor, she said she was talking to "the lady"😱

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My boyfriend's grandma(we call her "Big Grandma") just passed away in his mom's house. Our almost 3 year old son was playing in the hallway of said house a few days ago, and all of a sudden he started saying, "Big Grandma?" Over and over. I walked over to him and asked what he was doing and he said, "Where's Big Grandma? I can hear her.. but I can't see her." Then he walked over to a candle and said, "I can hear Big Grandma in the candle but I can't see her." Needless to say, all that witnessed this happening were definitely a little spooked.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Ah! I see. Well, myself and my lad look at things in the same fashion, and our sense of humour is almost identical.

Him singing out to his mother "RUN 'IM OVER!", gleefully as I walk away from the car makes me smile every time, because I know he does not want me squished, but he finds the concept amusing, in the same strange dark, and yet harmless way that I find it amusing.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

Me too! I'm in the house myself with my 2 year old reading these stories thinking "please don't say anything strange"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join