It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2016

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

im trying it on right now....and on a short post, only the god in the clouds shows.

Oh boy... that's going to be a problem.

Yikes.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

me gusta!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

nah...your solution is way better. I used content aware (had to fire up the PS5...i usually use PS3). Your solution of layering in a similar universe behind it....fantastic.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I just pulled out my 6000 galaxy brushes and played around on a black background extension below the original image until it all melded together.

But if a short post is going to cut off the avi (losing part of the main picture), it rather defeats the purpose of even bothering to extend it to 1200px.

I guess we're going to have to wait until SO is finished with all of the site upgrades, and then figure out the avi condundrum from that point...

Are we having fun yet ?

LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Ah ok thanks guys just saw on last page.
Post wasn't showing earlier because of site issues, now is.

Thank you.
edit on 12-3-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Whelp I am going to leave this one open for Imagination ! it spells out ATS all over it !

What can you come up with ! I have great ideas but i have no idea how to photoshop !

Looking forward to a great pic !

ty in advance !

Kap

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Whelp I am going to leave this one open for Imagination ! it spells out ATS all over it !

What can you come up with ! I have great ideas but i have no idea how to photoshop !

Looking forward to a great pic !

ty in advance !

Kap

Just quoting to extend my image for a *test*

Test

Test

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hmmmm it still starts repeating? Is there no cutoff point for images?
Any who! I'm soooo tired and I'm going to sleep now.

Thanks guys!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

I think I may have figured out a solution for peeps who don't want to extend their avatar image, or have it repeat, or extend it with additional avatar images to compensate for typing out really long posts.

I was having a bit of a brainstorm with Qumulys over at this thread about him wanting to keep his simple avi without any images below it (and he also has an animated mini avatar set to fit a certain way on the background).

So it dawned on me to just make a transparent avatar background that's 1200px long and add the already existing normal sized avatar to that (aligned center and top).

And walla !

It seems to have worked like a charm.

What I'd like to find out from SkepticOverlord though, is what would be the maximum length allowed for something like that ? The file size isn't big since it's mostly transparent except for the original avatar at the top of it.

Is it possible to extend the transparency to 2000 or 3000 px long, to make sure that the pic doesn't repeat on super long posts ?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

What I'd like to find out from SkepticOverlord though, is what would be the maximum length allowed for something like that ? The file size isn't big since it's mostly transparent except for the original avatar at the top of it.

Is it possible to extend the transparency to 2000 or 3000 px long, to make sure that the pic doesn't repeat on super long posts ?

This is what I'm wondering?
Almost everyone who had a background image that was long before (not avatar) used the transparent trick where their avatar should be so that it only displayed the longer background image.
But now it seems that even long background images start repeating... so what is the limit/dimensions?

Thanks SO or anyone who knows.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Currently there appears to be no upper limit on how long the image might need to be to not repeat, beyond the maximum length of a post. But even then, you can have images that create more vertical turf for an image to have to fill (images nested in the post that are larger than the text use to type the bbs code to insert them)

SO said 1200px, but with everything being in flux, im not banking on anything yet. So i just did a quick band aid on mine until a little time goes by and we see that it looks settled.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hopefully we can go longer than 1200px because that doesn't seem to be long enough for any type of post that's fairly substantial in length... like for example a long opening post when someone makes a new thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

hey man what im doing wrong, i put that image you made in my background and it does not display

ETA: i am pasting files.abovetopsecret.com... and when i hit submit the link get changed to files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-3-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Cody congrats on the house mate! I hope you will
post a few photos, it sounds lovely.

I mentioned on SO's page of changes that we would
be getting busy over here with Avies...LOL!

I didn't make any changes to mine...going with what
BFFT said & just being patient until it's all figured out.

Great to see Dollukka back!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Ahh ok mate, so It's 1200? I thought someone said 2000?? LOL
OK I was waiting before getting it resized as I only want to have to do it once.

Cheers dude.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
See this is longer than 1200, right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

hey man what im doing wrong, i put that image you made in my background and it does not display

ETA: i am pasting files.abovetopsecret.com... and when i hit submit the link get changed to files.abovetopsecret.com...

Lookin' good my man!!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Drag0nlady

Oops i forgot the necklace.. Sorry..
I don´t have time to fix it.. if someone wants to continue please be my guest.

Tied up next week ( Exam )

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
No idea what's going on?
So it's resized to 1200 long and for some reason I cannot select it as background image?
Any ideas?

If you go to my images, it's the very last one uploaded (so the first one on the left)

Any help? This is pissing me off.

Cheers
edit on 12/3/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hm.

Well.

Here

Goes

Nothing!

This

Might

Look

Horrible!

Or