It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What smells like farts? (serious question)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Every now and then a disembodied fart will waft along through the air, lasting a couple of minutes before returning to the ether.

I'm upwind of my dog's dumping ground, and there isn't another dog for a few houses away, not to mention that I clean up after my dog. The ghost fart will make an appearance whether my dog is around or not, so it's not my dog. Besides, my dog just let rip a roaring beauty and it didn't smell. I think he's innocent. The phantom fart is silent but deadly.

I'm not the only one who can smell them.

I did a search for ghost farts but nothing came up. I'm not really a ghost person, but I can't think of a possible cause for this. It smells like poo and rotten eggs. Reading around the internet, apparently bad smells are associated with bad ghosts, but I've never felt any "bad energy" or anything like that. Besides, I find it hard to believe that the remnant of a human soul would spend its afterlife going around farting at people.

I'm surrounded by dozens of geckos. I know lizards can fart because I've seen this

But the geckos are about 12cm long, so they seem too little to make such deadly farts. I think it's highly unlikely that they time their farts to be released in unison, unless they really are plotting against me.

I'm thinking there has to be a natural cause for this. It's certainly not me. And I don't think this is something I can pin on my neighbours either.

Right on cue my dog just gave birth to a squeaky one, and this one was a smeller, but it didn't smell like the ghost farts, and didn't last nearly as long.

Please forgive such an uncouth subject matter, but I am being serious and I'd just like to know what could be causing these enduring ghost farts, for lack of better term. I'm sick of being treated like a suspect in a malodorous murder case whenever I have people over.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Brussel sprouts?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepThoughtCriminal

Uh huh....so, the Geckos did it? Riiiiight.
Sorry, mate. Whoever smelt it--Dealt it.

BTW...My dog's farts smell like fried chicken.
edit on 19-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Boiled broccoli smells like farts. Stinks up the whole house.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The family dog, always farting. Never excuses himself or nothing.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I just read your other recent thread.
Any chance these ghost farts are connected to the mysterious helicopter circling your house every day?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

Sorry to hear about your angry-assed ghost. Sulfur maybe? I don't know. I have to say though, I got a good laugh out of reading this.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If you run a dishwasher or wash machine...the water first expelled can make a smell like you describe. Normally because of trapped waste water.

Other than that a bad p trap under a sink can be responsible, ie)bad plumbing.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Ummm...wow...that iguana sure packs a wallop...Maybe what your smelling is your or your neighbors sewer vent during a temp inversion...like sometimes when it gets cold and the chimney smoke gets pushed down to hang on the ground like fog...Maybe it's the same happening...only with the sewer gas from your roof vent...

Orrr...it's flatulent ghosties...ripping one interdimensionally...maybe that's their crossing over mechanism...just RIIPP on through to the other side...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I just read your other recent thread.
Any chance these ghost farts are connected to the mysterious helicopter circling your house every day?

Where there are ghost turds, there will be ghost farts 😁 (Parris island Marines should be familiar with the term ghost turds and el Marko)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Serious question...do you have many earthquakes in your area?
Could be underground gasses (methane and sulfur) being released from shifting rock strata.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
They add a smell to Natural Gas, so if there is a leak, you can smell it. My daughter's old victorian house had a smell. I made her call PGE, and sure enough there was a small gas leak in the stove.

Sulfur stinks too.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Yeah. Could be the helicopter is searching for gas leaks in the area.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Nothing like a good smelling dog fart! I bet you get the urge to run out and purchase some Kentucky Fried Chicken every time your dog lets one loose! What secret dog food do you feed him? Inquiring minds want to know!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If you call the Utility company they will come out and check your house for minor gas leaks. They actually have a sniffer. There is no charge, and if you call and tell them you are smelling "fart" smells, they will come out ASAP.

link   

What smells like farts?

That which comes out of a politicians mouth.

link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Nutro Ultra. Dog loves it.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If you run a dishwasher or wash machine...the water first expelled can make a smell like you describe. Normally because of trapped waste water.

Other than that a bad p trap under a sink can be responsible, ie)bad plumbing.

Cheers!

This^.
Pour some baking soda down your kitchen sink.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Dead mouse in the wall maybe.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This could actually be very serious.

Gas has a smell of rotten egg added to it for easy detection when leaking, you should REALLY check for gas leaks...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join