It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale students sign petition to repeal first amendment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

There's a video in the link that I think everyone should take a moment to stop and watch. It's only about two minutes long.

You can't stop and say that these students were tricked or don't know about the Constitution - they are students at Yale! there is no excuse for not knowing that the first amendment is what gives us freedom of speech, the press, religion, assembly, and the right to petition.

What you see in the video, is the mentality of liberalism. Political correctness taken to it's final and ultimate conclusion - the removal of rights and freedoms from the entire populace.

These students really actually believe that our citizenry does not deserve to have free speech. The Nazi's would only have dreamed to have this much control over the human mind. This is indoctrination at it's finest.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Dont miss Skull And Bones , secret society coming from Yale, and this excellent thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And these scumbags

edit on 16-12-2015 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Is the guy that is often on Infowars or is it his lookalike? Oh, come on.

+36 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is what happens after the new generation are brought up being indoctrinated by the PC culture that has infected government and educational entities.

They are so brainwashed that they want to sign away their rights.

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Bunch of mental midgets!

These snowflakes are in for a rude awakening once they hit the real world.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Really not surprising, sometime ago watched a video of a petition to ban H2O around some global warming gathering and people were actually signing!

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

To those idiot students:

In fact, Horowitz discovered a solid majority of the students asked willingly signed the petition, with several expressing their enthusiastic approval for his anti-First Amendment efforts.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

And to think that most of the students that signed the petition, will become leaders and prominent members of our society and even politicians with the help of the stigma of attending one of our most prestigious educational system to become the stupid leaders that keep eroding our constitutional rights.

Incredible.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
This is what happens after the new generation are brought up being indoctrinated by the PC culture that has infected government and educational entities.

They are so brainwashed that they want to sign away their rights.

Signing a petition done by a smooth talking guy is not the same.

I am PC, meaning I think before I say mean things. Whatever is happening in some colleges in not PC.

College students experiment with many things, including what they feel their rights should be, how they should be able to act, how others should be able to act. Sometimes the experiments fail.

Sometimes they are a success, though there are casualties. Without college students, at the height of their creative processes, we would be missing many rights:

What disgusts me is that people do not recognize that the youth are trying, they always have. They are responsible for many of the freedoms we enjoy today just because they said 'NO'.

edit on 16-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Regarding the OP, all I have to add, is check out the book Harvard Hates America.

This is essentially case and point, imo.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
2011, Occupy Berkeley:

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that 99% of college students are complete morons. This is just the latest evidence in a slew of videos I've seen over the years.

I'm glad I'm old. I can't take much more of this crap.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
I have come to the conclusion that 99% of college students are complete morons. This is just the latest evidence in a slew of videos I've seen over the years.

Your conclusion is not accurate. 99%??? Really? Some guy sets up a fake petition in one place and you conclude that?

I am just glad you aren't a scientist.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wow guys.

You're not going to knee-jerk about this are you? The Fox video I just watched does not really show the conversations in their entirety, nor do we know how many signed. Better yet, how many didn't?

Shouldn't we put this in proper context before we do the typical Right-Wing emotional outrage?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If anyone honestly thinks the First Amendment is going to be repealed just because some petition was signed then they need to get their heads checked. This is nothing more than another story to distract us from the real issue. This is a non-issue because nothing will come of it.
edit on 12/16/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Shouldn't we put this in proper context before we do the typical Right-Wing emotional outrage?

Look who you are talking to. Of course not. They've already jumped the shark and are blaming all of PC culture on the actions of the students that signed this petition.
edit on 16-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I agree. I smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish, and in the RARE instances I get sick enough to force myself to see a doctor, it's a hoot!

They tell me how I am killing myself, and I just calmly say to them, "Take a look around, who is crazier, me for not carrying anymore or those who come to you to live longer?".

For years I have watched many intelligent, educated people prove one thing. They don't excel much in "common sense". That's something that can't be learned from a book, but from experience in bad and good things from a persons experiences in life!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I agree. I smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish, and in the RARE instances I get sick enough to force myself to see a doctor, it's a hoot!

They tell me how I am killing myself, and I just calmly say to them, "Take a look around, who is crazier, me for not carrying anymore or those who come to you to live longer?".

For years I have watched many intelligent, educated people prove one thing. They don't excel much in "common sense". That's something that can't be learned from a book, but from experience in bad and good things from a persons experiences in life!

You are agreeing that 99% of college students are morons because

1) A fake petition in one place
and
2) Your personal lifestyle choices?

Neither make sense to agree with what you agreed with.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You couldn't be further from the truth.

These college students are brilliant, are being "coddled and founded," for being "brighter, better, better adjusted," etc than us "little people," that attend "community colleges," and have worthless degrees.

Seriously - check out Harvard Hates America.

This isn't the "PC College Student," craze, this is an intentional attack on the rights of American citizens by those being trained to have the mentality of an "elite."

Why do you think that the conglomerate of secret societies inception was within the walls of prestigious college institutions?

Seriously guys... check that book out, it's fantastic.

Honestly. This is case and point.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I guess I made my point!

I said nothing about "a fake petition". My personal lifestyle choices were in response to my reply to the poster who said "I can't take much more of this crap.".

Try keeping it in context with what I replied too?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join