It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale students sign petition to repeal first amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Even knowing that one of the student would sign such a petition is enough.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: 123143
I have come to the conclusion that 99% of college students are complete morons. This is just the latest evidence in a slew of videos I've seen over the years.

I'm glad I'm old. I can't take much more of this crap.

You couldn't be further from the truth.

These college students are brilliant, are being "coddled and founded," for being "brighter, better, better adjusted," etc than us "little people," that attend "community colleges," and have worthless degrees.

Seriously - check out .

This isn't the "PC College Student," craze, this is an intentional attack on the rights of American citizens by those being trained to have the mentality of an "elite."

Why do you think that the conglomerate of secret societies inception was within the walls of prestigious college institutions?

Seriously guys... check that book out, it's fantastic.

Honestly. This is case and point.

The second time in one page you have pointed out a book ans said ;case in point'. Are you selling this book?

Written in 1978, here is a review : review

"So, we have an author who...

- was born with not one, but two silver spoons in his mouth (he is heir to two huge fortunes)
- parlayed that into getting accepted into Harvard (money.. Money changes everything)
- parlayed that into pretty well buying a house seat (only to serve one term only, once his constituents realized what a buffoon he was)
- has since been involved in numerous pow/Mia misadventures, some of which have resulted in heartbreaking false hope to families, and one of which resulted in John getting scammed for around $800,000
- and is now a reverent tea party supporter and occasional fox news contributor"
edit on 16-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The first amendment doesn't need to be repealed.

Just say "you're offended," and that shuts down the right to free speech.

Go express your 1st amendment to a cop in the form of profanity - you'll probably get in a pissing contest with a roid-junkie, and people will defend him when he beats you.

No repeal is necessary when you make the people themselves not care about their rights.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Even knowing that one of the student would sign such a petition is enough.

Did you happen to watch the video?

If you pay attention, he deliberately tosses-in specific words to change the meaning of what he is saying, but does it very quickly to confuse the students. You can see some of that confusion when a few hesitate, but then proceed anyway.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Did your knee accidentally hit the keyboard?

Yeah - I'm really selling it, alright!

God forbid I actually try to assist in INFORMING others on happenings in our world.

Lol

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The first amendment doesn't need to be repealed.

Just say "you're offended," and that shuts down the right to free speech.

Go express your 1st amendment to a cop in the form of profanity - you'll probably get in a pissing contest with a roid-junkie, and people will defend him when he beats you.

No repeal is necessary when you make the people themselves not care about their rights.

How does saying one is offended shut down the right to free speech?

link   
a reply to: introvert

I read the content, in the site, I'm no much for videos, but rather prefer to read.

link   

Did your knee accidentally hit the keyboard?

Yeah - I'm really selling it, alright!

God forbid I actually try to assist in INFORMING others on happenings in our world.

Lol

I just looked up the book you mentioned twice in 2 pages.

I am not sure how the book would inform anyone of anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Still, anybody knows that you should not put your name on a document without reading the fine print, actually my husband always told me that and always tells our adult children, because you never know what your are giving your name too.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Still, anybody knows that you should not put your name on a document without reading the fine print, actually my husband always told me that and always tells our adult children, because you never know what your are giving your name too.

there are many joke/gotcha Youtube guys who are able to get people of all ages and types to sign a petition. This is not confined to college students.

Apparently not 'everybody' knows that. There are a multitude of these videos on Youtube. We don;t even know if this one was totally faked or not. We don;t know if he asked 500 people and 14 said yes.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a reply to: peskyhumans

And to think that most of the students that signed the petition, will become leaders and prominent members of our society and even politicians with the help of the stigma of attending one of our most prestigious educational system to become the stupid leaders that keep eroding our constitutional rights.

Incredible.

That's what scares me the most. This isn't going to stay on our university campuses for long. It's eventually going to enter the political arena for serious because these students are our next generation of politicians.

We are so screwed. These students are going to end the Republic. What will we have next? A dictatorship?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am unable to watch the video, but I bet that those who refused to sign the petition are conveniently left out.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

there are many joke/gotcha Youtube guys who are able to get people of all ages and types to sign a petition. This is not confined to college students.

Apparently not 'everybody' knows that. There are a multitude of these videos on Youtube. We don;t even know if this one was totally faked or not. We don;t know if he asked 500 people and 14 said yes.

This isn't a "gotcha" video. The guy told the students quite plainly that the petition was intended to repeal the first amendment.

It wasn't a trick, it wasn't underhanded, it was an obvious plain as day "sign here to remove your Constitutional rights".

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The link answers your question. He got 50 signatures in less than an hour to completely remove the first amendment. How is that even remotely ok with you? His language was very clear. If students at Yale cant figure out they are signing a petition that repeals their right to petition...stupid doesn't even begin to describe it. I can see fooling a little kid like that but these are not little kids.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No doubt, but he got 59 students to sign it.

Think about that. 59 of our best and brightest attending one of our countries finest universities, who will no doubt someday be leaders of our country, signed a document to repeal part of our Constitution.

That should deeply worry everybody.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am sure that it was a propaganda piece, just to prove a point.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It was definitely a propaganda piece showing how ridiculously pc higher education has become. That is why the ATS pc police are populating this thread with denial. Their own kind are shown being too stupid to see how ridiculous this really is.
edit on 16-12-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It was a propaganda piece, you are right.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

It was definitely a propaganda piece showing how ridiculously pc higher education has become. That is why the ATS pc police are populating this thread with denial. Their own kind are shown being too stupid to see how ridiculous this really is.

Yes, it was a propaganda piece.

Who, exactly are the ATS PC police?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

He didn't change the meaning.

"I want to repeal the first amendment because we shouldn't allow bullying"

"Our entire Constitution should be a safe zone"

"Repeal the first amendment because people shouldn't be exposed to offensive language"

He didn't say anything to change the meaning of the petition. They signed it because they don't believe in free speech.

Believe it or not, free speech allows for offensive language. No part of our Constitution protects you from bullying. In a free country citizens are allowed to say offensive things.

The problem is the liberal politically correct mindset. It doesn't belong in a free country.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join