It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale students sign petition to repeal first amendment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No doubt, but he got 59 students to sign it.

Think about that. 59 of our best and brightest attending one of our countries finest universities, who will no doubt someday be leaders of our country, signed a document to repeal part of our Constitution.

That should deeply worry everybody.

59 out of over 12,000.

Context is key.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: peskyhumans

And to think that most of the students that signed the petition, will become leaders and prominent members of our society and even politicians with the help of the stigma of attending one of our most prestigious educational system to become the stupid leaders that keep eroding our constitutional rights.

Incredible.

That's right.

nice how their plan came together.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: reldra

I am sure that it was a propaganda piece, just to prove a point.

It was definitely a propaganda piece showing how ridiculously pc higher education has become. That is why the ATS pc police are populating this thread with denial. Their own kind are shown being too stupid to see how ridiculous this really is.

Yes, it was a propaganda piece.

Who, exactly are the ATS PC police?

Liberals who knee-jerk and attack any thread that even hints that being liberal or pc might not be a good thing.

The guy never meant to repeal the first amendment. This video shows that he found over 50 Yale students in less than an hour who would if given the chance. That is very disturbing though not entirely surprising.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

59 is still 59. For Yale students this number should be 0.

link   

He didn't change the meaning.

"I want to repeal the first amendment because we shouldn't allow bullying"

"Our entire Constitution should be a safe zone"

"Repeal the first amendment because people shouldn't be exposed to offensive language"

He didn't say anything to change the meaning of the petition. They signed it because they don't believe in free speech.

Believe it or not, free speech allows for offensive language. No part of our Constitution protects you from bullying. In a free country citizens are allowed to say offensive things.

The problem is the liberal politically correct mindset. It doesn't belong in a free country.

Free speech allows offensive people to be offensive, you are right about that. I am curious though, when people have the choice, they choose to be offensive? I think they have always liked to be offensive, that they weren't raised right, and are using the current political atmosphere to defend themselves. Though, they were always allowed to be offensive, they now have a tool to attempt to make themselves not look like complete jerks.

My mindset is just fine. I cannot fathom how not being mean, at will, would be a problem.
edit on 16-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Think about that. 59 of our best and brightest attending one of our countries finest universities, who will no doubt someday be leaders of our country, signed a document to repeal part of our Constitution.

59 out of over 12,000.

Context is key.

"Proper" context is key. 59 in less than an hour. Not 59 out of 12,000. Liberal twist at its best.
edit on 16-12-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You know how it is ... it's not just freedom OF speech; it should also be freedom FROM speech. You know, like it is with religion. What? You mean it's not like that ...?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Bunch of mental midgets!

These snowflakes are in for a rude awakening once they hit the real world.

I wish I could agree, but if there are enough of them to get their way, they'll get you fired for simply saying the wrong color word in the wrong place. Better not talk about brown bags anymore.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

59 out of over 12,000.

Context is key.

"Proper" context is key. 59 in less than an hour. Not 59 out of 12,000. Liberal twist at its best.

OK, Context.

Dictionary.com -Liberal
favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
(often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.
favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression:
a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
of or relating to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant:
a liberal attitude toward foreigners.

noun
a person of liberal principles or views, especially in politics or religion.
(often initial capital letter) a member of a liberal party in politics, especially of the Liberal party in Great Britain.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If anyone honestly thinks the First Amendment is going to be repealed just because some petition was signed then they need to get their heads checked. This is nothing more than another story to distract us from the real issue. This is a non-issue because nothing will come of it.

Just wait until they vote ...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

59 is still 59. For Yale students this number should be 0.

How many said no? Do you know that number?

But let's assume these 59 truly believe in the petition. Do you want to change the way they think? Why should Yale students conform to your politically correct way of thought or speaking?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

I graduated from a community college, currently attended a middle-level state university, and work at the local community college and high schools as a tutor. So, my own personal experience shows me that college students are a very diverse group whose age ranges from 18 to 80.

In fact, I just tutored a lady in MAT 146 who was 72 years old. She is a first-time college student, and she is well qualified to be called 'old'. Don't think all college students are the same age or intelligence, for they are a diverse group of people with a wide socio-economic background.

This video only proves most America's react before they think, and the comments in this thread prove that point all the more.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What these students assume, is that they think actual legislation could even remove freedoms.

They aren't granted by the government, therefor they cannot be removed by the government.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

59 out of over 12,000.

Context is key.

How many in that hour said no? And why isn't the number of 59 people out of a school population over 12,000 significant? Statistically speaking, that very small.

That's .005 percent.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

That would be double plus ungood.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What these students assume, is that they think actual legislation could even remove freedoms.

They aren't granted by the government, therefor they cannot be removed by the government.

Do you assume, that every time you sign a petition that it could do such a thing?

Why do you think they assume that?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've just taken a look at Ami Horowitz's work and it appears his current focus is creating hit-pieces on liberals through ambush journalism.

Links to his productions can be found on his twitter page.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

They signed a piece of paper.

Are you upset? Are you one of the snowflakes that signed?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Quoting a dictionary does nothing to advance the discourse. Nothing.

Are you suggesting that for the purposes of this discussion you honestly did not know that the term liberal reflects left leaning, as in democrat, as in supporting the current administrations views and opinions?

It is no secret that institutions of higher education are full of left leaning professors who spend time influencing political views instead of teaching their classes. 59 students were willing to sign away their first amendment rights! 59 students of Yale University were willing to sign a petition - that denies their right to petition - and you want to show me dictionary.com?

Please.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry which amendment was that one again? Was it the right to HBO and Cinemax? How bout the right to chicken done right? How bout the right to sing the blues?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join