It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students practice calligraphy by writing "There is no god but Allah"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here we go again.www.foxnews.com... Original Story here www.schillingshow.com...

If Allah only meant God why not just say there is "no God but God" (of yeah the Holy Bible says that. Or there is "no Allah but Allah"? could it be Allah is not god

Where is the Freedom From Religion Folks at!

The mentioning of Allah as god in a public school yet no outrage, letter or court suit filed against the school for this obvious lack of separation of Church and State.

edit on 15-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Oh come on! This is getting ridiculous. Do left wingers expect us all to convert to Islam? It certainly seems that way.

Have you ever noticed how left wingers in the media will say "the prophet Mohammad" when talking about Mohammad?
edit on 15-12-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
am i missing something here? what is the problem?
i'm more suprised that caligraphy is taught in schools.

why would you be bothered that someone learned to write a popular muslim phrase?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

“The statement presented as an example of the calligraphy was not translated for students, nor were students asked to translate it, recite it or otherwise adopt or pronounce it as a personal belief,” the district stated.

They said it was all about the art — not about the theology.

Question: Are you afraid that copying squiggly lines is going to convert people?

edit on 15-12-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Would it make a difference if you found out that several other religions were covered in the same class? Because apparently that was the case.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah! Dirty stinking left winger hippies! Probably all smoke POT! Teach all them goddamn foreigners to SPEAK ENGLISH and write in goddamn AMERICAN! Yeah! Calligraphy that one CHIEF! I'm from ALLAH BAMA BEOTCH!!!:cheers
SARCASM)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
They should write "Jesus is king"..
Now that will get a reaction.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Let's be honest here. If it said Jesus is Lord, in Latin or any other language, ATS would be on fire now. Every pro-Islam and Atheist, on ATS would be posting at the speed of light.

That is not the only phrase they could have chosen for the children to learn Calligraphy. There is indeed a not so hidden agenda, and for anyone to claim otherwise, just makes it painfully clear.

It is this special treatment for Islam, while throwing all other religions under the bus is not going unnoticed by anyone, and it is causing more and more division. As I have said on numerous occasions, that I don't think this is an honest mistake.

I think that people that practice Islam should be aware of the snakes in the grass. They are not their friends and they are not helping them. They are hanging them out to dry.

This coming from a person that has no fondness for any religions.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
am i missing something here? what is the problem?
i'm more suprised that caligraphy is taught in schools.

why would you be bothered that someone learned to write a popular muslim phrase?

How about they practice writing death to infidels that's another popular muslim phrase?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
according to one of the comments:

Too bad I cannot post a picture of the rest of the assignment! It’s reviewing Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism.[/] How about we all get our facts strait before trying to ruin someone’s life! And you call yourselves christians……

Personally I still say keep the damn Religious crap out of the classroom. All of them. But it seems this article is cherry picking information just to get mad about nothing.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Let's be honest here. If it said Jesus is Lord, in Latin or any other language, ATS would be on fire now.

I disagree, but I realize we are both entitled to such an opinion.

It is this special treatment for Islam, while throwing all other religions under the bus

And the other religions being reviewed in that class are they also "special treatment"?
edit on 15-12-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I smell state sanctioned institutionalized education inlieu of knowledge because in learning the art of Calligraphy, the students need to be able to write all the characters of the alphabet (a Pangram) from a single line of words, like I had to...

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I think the point is more of separation of church and State or they should allow them to also learn Calligraphy writing God is Love.

But if they had wrote God is Love FFR would be all over threatening letters of suits.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I think the point is more of separation of church and State or they should allow them to also learn Calligraphy writing God is Love.

But if they had wrote God is Love FFR would be all over threatening letters of suits.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

that I don't think this is an honest mistake.

its an irrelavent class project, that by all rights should be irrelevant to us all, yet some 'news' website deemed it important.
why do you think that newsite would promote this story?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I learned Calligraphy in school but in English and no religious phrases.

It is the religious part that is not being addressed.

I guess your fine with it as long as it is an Islamic phrase but I bet you would fall all over everything if it was Christian.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Exactly my point either a separation or not. Apparently the school allowed all but only one was chosen for them to write.

It is a proven fact that if you write something down you remember it. It doesn't matter what language it is the memory implant of writing the idea that makes it stick.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well it wasn't English Calligraphy it was Arabic

link   
I have a better question: How did they find out what it meant?

BTW I saw the picture of the assignment and the students attempt to copy it. Horrible, they look nothing alike.

link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

They were told what it meant

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join