It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting. Anyone else seen something similar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A few weeks ago I was tying the bin bag and saw some red lights through the kitchen window travelling about the same speed as a plane. We have an airport near, and police helicopters are out weekly and I know it wasn't a plane or a chopper.
Planes have a white flashing light and a red and green light to show which way they're travelling. Choppers have a single red flashing light and sometimes the 'night sun' when they're looking for someone.

It was a V shaped series of 7 or 8 pulsing lights, flashing and dimming twice (e.g. flash,dim, flash, dim... repeat) I've knocked up a jpeg from memory but can't remember if there were 2 lights at the bottom or just 1. I don't have a good camera phone and all I could do at the time was look until it disappeared into the distance, probably a bit like Richard Dreyfuss

Just wondered if anyone here's seen anything like it.

My jpeg isn't loading. I uploaded it but it doesn't show in my library. Could be
edit on 5-12-2015 by uktorah because: pressed post before I was ready

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: uktorah

Maybe I once saw a silver ball sitting up high for about 10 mins, never told anyone tho but it was up there and as it moved away I noticed 3 red lights this was years ago tho.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I find that happens with larger images. Try uploading a smaller version of it first.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Older rotating beacons will do that. It's just a light with a mirror that rotates around it directing the light. Some aircraft also have two red lights on them instead of just one.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Craftbuilder
Thanks.

Saylesie
I'm fortunate that other people I know have seen ufos, so I can tell them. That's part of the problem... the media portray people who have seen them / actively look for them / believe in them as nuts. Everyone who hasn't seen a ufo (or doesn't believe in them) has been conditioned to go along with the media's perspective.

Zaphod
This is what I saw (as it looked from my view). No mirrors, no flying beacons. I couldn't see any wings, and the lights were vertical to eachother, and appeared to be on the very rear of the craft.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I know it wasn't a plane or a chopper.

In that case I'd suggest the other plausible explanation that they may have been Chinese lanterns , the observed flash,dim being caused by the flickering flame.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: uktorah
A few weeks ago I was tying the bin bag and saw some red lights through the kitchen window travelling about the same speed as a plane. We have an airport near, and police helicopters are out weekly and I know it wasn't a plane or a chopper.
Planes have a white flashing light and a red and green light to show which way they're travelling. Choppers have a single red flashing light and sometimes the 'night sun' when they're looking for someone.

It was a V shaped series of 7 or 8 pulsing lights, flashing and dimming twice (e.g. flash,dim, flash, dim... repeat) I've knocked up a jpeg from memory but can't remember if there were 2 lights at the bottom or just 1. I don't have a good camera phone and all I could do at the time was look until it disappeared into the distance, probably a bit like Richard Dreyfuss

Just wondered if anyone here's seen anything like it

My jpeg isn't loading. I uploaded it but it doesn't show in my library. Could be

I have not seen one, but I want to. Thats why I am very interested in creating a UFO reporting application. I wont solicit any more but if you develop and are interested pm me.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Does anyone else see what's wrong with the reply from Gortex?

Here goes...
I said pulsing, not flickering.
They were all the same shade of red (not flames), the same size and brightness, and in sync.
Lanterns would travel upwards, not in a plane-like trajectory.
Lanterns wouldn't stay in a fixed pattern. Wind / thermals / other influences would cause them to follow separate paths.

I'm not being disrespectful, but do some people read what they've typed before they press 'submit' ?

Milom, how will you filter the real sightings from those made by attention seekers?
edit on 6-12-2015 by uktorah because: added 'Gortex'

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I said pulsing, not flickering.

Flickering and pulsing could be mistaken for the same thing,

I didn't say what you saw were lanterns just suggested they may have been.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: gortex

Milom, how will you filter the real sightings from those made by attention seekers?

To start; a small user/download fee, basic algorithm anomaly detection (ex. user submits consecutive reports reports, corroboration), and human intervention.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm fortunate that other people I know have seen ufos, so I can tell them. That's part of the problem... the media portray people who have seen them / actively look for them / believe in them as nuts.
No, people who see UFOs aren't nuts. It's the people who say "I saw something I couldn't identify and don't know what it was, therefore I know what it was, aliens from another planet" who get a bad rap. Your sighting is a bit unusual, no idea what it was.

originally posted by: milom
I have not seen one, but I want to. Thats why I am very interested in creating a UFO reporting application. I wont solicit any more but if you develop and are interested pm me.
Use this to report or read about UFO sightings:

National UFO Reporting Center

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Appreciate the link. Im aware of that stuff and looking to improve on it.

new topics

top topics

join