It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug companies create illness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It doesn't quite work like that, but you're sort of on the right track.

What happens is doctors receive gifts and payments in various forms in return for prescribing a particular drug. I had this happen to me - went to see a GP and after talking for less than 3 minutes, he wrote me a script for Effexor, a powerful SNRI anti-depressant. I've never been depressed in my life. If he'd spoken to me a bit more, he would've realised that my lack of emotion has nothing to do with depression. But he seemed very eager to prescribe this horrible drug.

I was genuinely shocked when I learned that American drug companies actually advertise their drugs on television and on billboards etc. Everyone likes to think that advertising doesn't affect them, but it really does - otherwise, why would companies repeatedly spend millions on something doesn't work? It's quite sad how in the US there are lots of people objecting to stupid crap like vaccines, but totally ignoring a far bigger problem. Drug advertising should not be legal, seeing as such products like anti-depressants can have a severely detrimental effect.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

side note: when antidepressants first came out, psychiatrists were the only ones that prescribed them, based on psychiatric diagnoses. then drug companies started marketing to gps, and regular doctors started prescribing them WITHOUT the proper training in psychiatric illnesses. now, many psychiatrists work to wean people off cocktail combinations of ssris and other antidepressants that were prescribed by gps and family doctors. also, only 1 in 10 children prescribed ritalin actually has adhd ( this statistic is over 10 years old, i don't know what the number is now). most of che children were acting out due to problems in their environments, not their heads. some had a different problem and were incorrectly diagnosed. medicines help a great deal when prescribed to people who need them. however, they also have side effects and cause great harm to people who never needed them in the first place.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

Why was cancer not such a big problem BEFORE they started researching cancer?

Are you kidding?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's a profitable for them. I believe in it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
And not just the typically associated meaning to "illness". In fact it is widely known by now, that big companies and governments have created certain conditions that should be called sickness, but are not. Simply because they are called a physical or mental "condition". Among them one should look at the usage of neurological weapons in the western countries that are used to impose physical or mental sicknesses on people by various secret services. PTSD, innsomnia, depression, and other physical dysfunctions such as obesity can be created by neurological weapons.
Neurological manipulation can force digestive organs (Stomach, intestine, liver, gallbladder, and even kidneys) to behave abnormally, by absorbing excessive fat, that would otherwise be excluded from assimilation and later expelled. That cause inexplicable fat accumulation in a short period of time on someone who has been rather thin in the past.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
One of the things that western intelligence agencies can create, among other, is a tingling disturbance to the eyes, that feels exactly like an eyebrow is stuck in your eye, but in reality is a neurological condition and misperception

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, Mama always told me to stay away from Drugs, and that people who use it and sell are losers.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Drug companies do not always create the illnesses. But very often the perception of those illnesses are created by the secret services to manipulate and control people.
Some of these perceptions are much more powerful and terrifying than others. One of these is for example the creation of artificial less then optimal blood circulation to the lower legs and feet. This feeling triggers the organism to react in a specific way and transmits an overall sensation of cold even when temperatures are acceptable. What happens then is that these manipulations end up creating a series of cold related illnesses, such as typical colds with closed nose and very unpleasant throat aches that extend up to the ear through the eustachian tube.
Other effects may be related to sebum overproduction that makes you hair feel oily.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join