It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will our PC society eventually be the death of us, literally?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I agree that the University scene is getting a bit over the top (when hasn't it been for whatever the battle of the era is?), their hearts are in the right places but they must learn and quickly that free speech is sacred, even if it is awful. The work of the Civil Rights era was not finished and put aside for far too long.

However, what a lot of people are completely overlooking is the fact there's more than Left and Center political correctness. There's also Right and Center Right political correctness which would be pretty much be the status quo in our society. They are the ones who want everything to stay the same, that want it to be okay and normal to block those they don't approve of from fully participating in our society, that view a resumed struggle for equality as unnecessary therefor an attack on them that would result in their own suppression.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

However, what a lot of people are completely overlooking is the fact there's more than Left and Center political correctness. There's also Right and Center Right political correctness which would be pretty much be the status quo in our society. They are the ones who want everything to stay the same, that want it to be okay and normal to block those they don't approve of from fully participating in our society, that view a resumed struggle for equality as unnecessary therefor an attack on them that would result in their own suppression.

Very true. A perfect example is the whole "I don't want the gay stuff jammed down my throat". They don't want to hear or see anything gay because it offends them. So, to be politically correct according to the right, it would mean gay people would have to go back into the closet, no more gay characters on tv shows, and absolutely no gay pride parades.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve PC is already causing death. Just look at San Bernadino. One neighbor saw suspicious activity over at the shooters house. Then did not report it because it would be profiling. Profiling is simply part of PC. If that person had done the right thing. Maybe 14 people would still be alive and 20 injured would not have happened, to those individuals. Even our current patch of politicians refuse to use correct terminology for terrorist. They are afraid to hurt someones feelings. I call BS on the whole lot of PC politicians and anyone that supports their notions as to what should be spoken. If the truth hurts so be it. Telling the truth never has been wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Texcin

Bush 41 ushered in the NWO . ...THE ONE THAT WAS BUSH 43 patriot act.......The one that is BUSH 45 ......THE ONE TO COME TO Finish WHAT DADDY STARTED

hahaha...so the NWO is localized to USA only? Is this a case of American Exceptionalism. Ever looked at an atlas; there are other countries on this planet too...just take baby steps - one day you may even travel on a plane outside the USA and see other people to.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Very true. A perfect example is the whole "I don't want the gay stuff jammed down my throat". They don't want to hear or see anything gay because it offends them. So, to be politically correct according to the right, it would mean gay people would have to go back into the closet, no more gay characters on tv shows, and absolutely no gay pride parades.

Yes that does offend me. Overt sexual behaviour in public does offend me,

it offends me whether it is hetrosexual or gay.... just get a room!

Gay pride parades lend to diversity, as does Black lives matter (BLM)

Why not just have parades ? ... and ALL lives matter?

Do away with all *labelling* and *branding*

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I just saw a picture of one of the islamic terrorist victims with her family.

She fled Iraq to escape persecution by muslims for being christian, only to be slaughtered by muslim savages here in America.

Can you imagine a jewish woman who escaped nazi germany only to be killed by a german immigrant who turned out to be a nazi who was allowed to roam freely in the USA with a visa while we were still fighting WWII?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You call people "dullards" then proceed to claim the moral high ground...
That is laughable. If I called you stupid you'd be offended. So why is using a word that sounds more PC acceptable?
Like the OP said I too believe you may be part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: sputniksteve

I will not give you the permission you seek to be a jerk. That is what this is all about, right?

I realize your reply was to someone else but it doesn't matter.
Nobody needs yours or anyone else's permission to be a jerk.
One man's jerk is another's defender of free speech.
If you can't tolerate them -stop listening to them
edit on 5-12-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ah, sorry I misread the context of the situation. No wonder you were lost in my first response. Thanks for clarifying friend! Enjoy your weekend and continue the fight for humanity!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Texcin
Everything happening (PC) is manifest destiny. The NWO BEAST is grown and will be fed. There's no stopping what's coming. Just ride the wave, live what ever life to its fullest and try and be good. It's a cycle and the cycle is at the end and with an end there's always a beginning. There nothing you or I could do to stop this beast.

Bush 41 ushered in the NWO . ...THE ONE THAT WAS
BUSH 43 patriot act.......The one that is
BUSH 45 ......THE ONE TO COME TO Finish WHAT DADDY STARTED.
Just my opinion.

It doesn't have to happen on our watch. And if we bring up our kids right (non-PC = with an understanding of what is right and wrong) then it doesn't have to happen on their watch either.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Yes thanks!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yes that does offend me. Overt sexual behaviour in public does offend me,

it offends me whether it is hetrosexual or gay.... just get a room!

Gay pride parades lend to diversity, as does Black lives matter (BLM)

Why not just have parades ? ... and ALL lives matter?

Do away with all *labelling* and *branding*

I don't want ISIS and terrorists attacks slammed down my throat at 6am either but alas, it exists. I'm not saying these aren't important issues that should be looked at with dignity and clarification. I'm just rewording your statement about having the "gays" shoved down your throat. To better clarifying, being a gay male, I tend away to stay away from that scene. I don't do gay bars and the last and only parade I went to was in 2008. There is so much drama. I believe everyone should have a right to protest and parade down the streets as long as violence won't interrupt. I find it hard to say this to be impossible living in the society we do today. I still have hope for humanity and pray for peace. I have met the shadow of myself and in the process of knowing thy Self. Every life matter. We are just living in this generation of... well the video will explain. Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Listen I wish I would have taken a little more tact in my response to you. I don't wish to change anything I said but I would have said it differently. I don't want to have you on the defensive because this isn't an attack. We obviously have different opinions on the matter and would like to discuss this rationally if you are willing.

This isn't about me hurting anyone's feelings or wishing I could get away with racial slurs. This is about people not lying to themselves and being afraid of speaking their mind in our free country which claims free speech is at the pinnacle of what we represent and what is afforded us.

Which leads to the fact that like animals said, fortunately we don't need to permission to be racist, phobic, or ignorantly assanine. They have the right to be that way and you have the right to them them you think they are dumb and no one should have the ability to threaten the other into shutting up through cultural, financial, or other means.

But again, that isn't what this topic is about. It isn't about calling someone a **g or **on or ***key. This about intellectual honesty across the board for everyone. It doesn't matter if you are the popular color, religion, or political party or the current outcast; if you are causing problems you get checked. Period. Shouldn't we all be able to get behind that?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces

I don't want ISIS and terrorists attacks slammed down my throat at 6am either but alas, it exists. I'm not saying these aren't important issues that should be looked at with dignity and clarity.

As far as I have seen this thread is not about ISIS and I have not mentioned

or alluded to it! and I don't believe anyone else has.

I'm just rewording your statement about having the "gays" shoved down your throat. To better clarifying, being a gay male, I tend away to stay away from that scene. I don't do gay bars and the last and only parade I went to was in 2008. There is so much drama.

Can you point out where I have said anything about "gays" being shoved down

my throat? I have said that I am offended by overt sexual behaviour by any

couples be they straight or gay. I have not singled out any gender.

I believe everyone should have a right to protest and parade down the streets as long as violence won't interrupt. I find it hard to say this to be impossible living in the society we do today. I still have hope for humanity and pray for peace. I have met the shadow of myself and in the process of knowing thy Self. Every life matter. We are just living in this generation of...

And I have not disagreed with that either ... The only proviso I made was

do it as a society and stop labelling it 'gay' 'black' 'trans' etc. DO IT IN UNISON.

stop divisional behaviour.

edit on 5-12-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I apologize for this ATS didn't quote everything I intended to do. I always meant to include the previous remarks made from kaylaluv. It usually includes both the quote and your response and for some reason it didn't. I didn't say you disagreed with the protesting and parading. Also, about the ISIS situation, I was providing more examples in the news that they try to cram down your throat. No bad intentions or remarks were being made to you. As for the sexual behavior in public, some people are turned on by it and it provides a mean of spontaneous doings in a world most of us seem to get bored of. If you're going to make it public, at least make it privately public.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Can you picture our world today, if in 1942 dullards in the media and society in general were so wrapped up and concerned with what is PC or not, that our governments around the world were paralyzed into not entering the war or declaring Nazis/Japanese as our enemies for fear of being labeled Nazi-phobes?

It is an obvious that this PC way of thinking is slowly killing all countries that put up with it, at the end of the day their should be no 'watch what your saying' attitude about in the world. We all have our opinions 'free speech' and therefore can say and think what we want, well that is how it should be. However that is being crushed by the governments we think we are protected by, this is to take our liberties and control us. Obvious.

They want all guns off the street, all opinions off the street and all views to be canned. The higher powers that be are billionaires, trillionaires that do not care about you or your family or friends. They care about riding everyone to nothing.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It seems to me, it is young people and the leaders in our education systems that are paralyzing an entire nation into being afraid to speak their mind.

Phooey, the Main Stream Media is the loudest voice influencing and controlling everyones mind through repeated indoctrination from the magic light box.

And unlike the German Wehrmacht that rolled over continents with mechanized infantry, Muslims aren't doing any such thing.

Islam is being blamed for the wars being waged just like the Nazis blamed the jews during the events leading up to and during WWII.

The ones doing the blaming are the real Nazis, not the religion they accuse of world domination.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Profiling is done if it is PC or not and it is very necessary, I have worked front line retail for almost 3 decades and even though we have LPO's to help us, part of my job is to stop thieves. The best way I stop them is by profiling them, I have stopped quite a few by doing that. You just can't be PC for everything, society would break down, and I guess that is the point of the OP. The Israelis do it for airport security when is the last time they had an issue ?
It's sad if your part of a group/race/religion that lumps you in with that, and you are 100% innocent.
But I have been subject to humiliation at the airport myself, so nobody is exempt these days.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think the whole terrorist narrative is naive. They aren't terrorists by definition, terrorists terrorize people to pursue an agenda. The CIA, Mi6, Mossad and the like are terrorists. They use terror as a means of forcing individuals and cultures into a frightened and pliable state, then force unwanted and damaging changes on the population, capitalizing on those feelings and fears. ISIS/ISIL/IS may fit that somewhat, but really the jihadists that those groups/group are using to carry out there agenda are at war with the west. They're not trying to convert western civilization or steal any ones jerbs, they are trying to wipe it out.
That's war my friends not terrorism.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Your premise is seriously flawed. Until the US joined the war they sold to the Nazis.

And as far as "PC" goes.... back then they WERE PC. PC isn't politically correct, as it's been bastardized to mean, it means showing a little respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join