It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will our PC society eventually be the death of us, literally?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Can you picture our world today, if in 1942 dullards in the media and society in general were so wrapped up and concerned with what is PC or not, that our governments around the world were paralyzed into not entering the war or declaring Nazis/Japanese as our enemies for fear of being labeled Nazi-phobes?

In my opinion we are at a precipice, we either call these attacks by religious zealots what they are: Terrorist attacks; or we continue to bury our heads in the sand and pretend it isn't happening just so we don't have to worry about being called a racist or islamaphobe on Facebook and Twitter. I think as a nation and as a world society we have to really quit all of this childishness, because we won't be around to worry about what our facebook and twitter followers have to say if we continue to ignore the reality of what is happening. And lets be real, the attack on Planned Parenthood is no different than the attack in San Bernadino, they were both done by religious fanatics in the name of their religion.

It seems to me, it is young people and the leaders in our education systems that are paralyzing an entire nation into being afraid to speak their mind. We are letting a ridiculous notion of "triggers" and "safe places" dictate whether or not we are able to correctly label activities and people perpetrating those activities as what they are. This is ALL going to be to our detriment. No doubt about it.

Children worry more about having their feelings hurt than protecting our country. Children get people fired and harassed online because someone said something they don't agree with. Children don't realize that the right to say obnoxious and sometimes hurtful things is the same right that gives them the ability to spout their PC nonsense. Children also set out to completely annihilate an entire generation of their elders in China during the cultural revolution, because they didn't agree with their ideas; and they did a damned good job of it.

We need to collectively pull our heads out of our asses and wake up to reality. People aren't playing games in reality, they aren't posting stupid memes and feel good mantras on twitter, they are shooting and killing people that aren't paying attention. Go tell that terrorist he triggered you, and you need a minute to find your safe place. See if he cares how many instagram followers you have and how popular you are on youtube for not being an islamaphobe. Maybe he will skip over you when the shooting starts, who knows?
edit on 12/5/2015 by sputniksteve because: fixed typ in title

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Everything happening (PC) is manifest destiny. The NWO BEAST is grown and will be fed. There's no stopping what's coming. Just ride the wave, live what ever life to its fullest and try and be good. It's a cycle and the cycle is at the end and with an end there's always a beginning. There nothing you or I could do to stop this beast.

Bush 41 ushered in the NWO . ...THE ONE THAT WAS
BUSH 43 patriot act.......The one that is
BUSH 45 ......THE ONE TO COME TO Finish WHAT DADDY STARTED.
Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Theres always been people getting offended by all things, now all this whole pc fashion is really people behing offended that someone got offended.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

After reading your post it reminded me of the new documentary that just came out named "Racing Extinction". A lot of this is about how humans are allowing species to die off at a much faster rate. Humans in our future history books could be the cause of extinctions we see now, possibly even our own. Yet, why must there always be conflict? Conflict works? Yes, it may work, but on a much more realistic realm, peace works just as well, only with less hostility and loss. I honestly believe that some humans evolved too fast and many were born at such a high rate. Now, we get on the realm of population control which is a whole other topic we won't discuss here. All of these memes are doing is trying to have a sense of humor. Do we need to go and kill someone about it? NO! Alas, in this universe you can't have one without the other, life goes on.

EF

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces

I will be completely honest, I have no idea what you just said. I am not trying to be rude, just not exactly sure where to go with that. I am not suggesting we don't post memes, or that we go and kill anyone I am just advocating pulling our heads out of our asses and being honest with ourselves about what is going on. Like reality type stuff.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Theres always been people getting offended by all things, now all this whole pc fashion is really people behing offended that someone got offended.

That is actually pretty funny and quite poignant at times.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Yet, Freewill exists and energies will do, what they freely want to do. If you are confused, read some of my posts if you feel like it. I realize now that you are here to party but are wanting to try and be formal at the same time. Anyways, this documentary is about being proactive and realizing that there are still things out there that are worth the time and effort to change, yet some think the possibility is gone. It's hard, though. Life is tough. So I'll just simply answer your question. Yes, I believe PC or technology could be a means of an end to a bad beginning. It's just going to take one to start the spark. A simple idea from one, could save humanity forever. You know?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

The only people who are 'wrapped up in what's PC and what's not' are those being called out on uncivilized or mean behavior. Once identified, they defend by saying they are being 'attacked' by the 'PC crowd'.

I can see the "dullards" here.

I will not give you the permission you seek to be a jerk. That is what this is all about, right?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It's only the anonimity of the Internet that gives them protection to be racist or homophobic. Most people don't tend to express these views in civil society. I always find being nice and ingratiating myself with people is the best way to get what I want from people rather than offending and being rude. I don't know. I guess whatever works for you. I've never seen the PC police out on the streets or on the Internet. They seem to be a figment of some people's imagination. It just seems like certain people see those who are PC as killjoys taking all the fun away from offending the disabled and other voiceless minorities
edit on 5-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

It will be the death of many of us I've no doubt. But it wont be nearly enough for anything to change.

You mention WW2; ironically this PC world is a direct reaction to all that. The EU, for example, was formed shortly after, but more importantly, because of the war.

There is no way, in a sane world, that millions of West-hating Muslims would be invited to make their home in Western democracies. It doesn't make sense unless it is viewed as part of a cathartic reaction to WW2.

Putting up with terrorist atrocities from people we can't fight conventionally, because we live cheek by jowl with them, is part of the West's 'penance', if you will.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Children worry more about having their feelings hurt than protecting our country. Children don't realize that the right to say obnoxious and sometimes hurtful things is the same right that gives them the ability to spout their PC nonsense. Children also set out to completely annihilate an entire generation of their elders because they didn't agree with their ideas; and they did a damned good job of it.

*Edited*

ChildrenPeople worry more about having their feelings hurt than

protecting our country. ChildrenPeople don't realise that the right

to say obnoxious and sometimes hurtful things is the same right as

eg. (human rights) that gives them the ability to spout their PC nonsense.

Children People also set out to completely annihilate an entire

generation of their elders because they didn't agree with their ideas.

As I have very often said *Political Correctness* and *Human Rights* is destroying society

One persons *human rights* infringe on those of another's ... and

*political correctness* is the reason/cause of someone else not being able to

exercise their own *human rights*

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
We are flooded with opinions on the Internet from many points of view.
We reflect this in our societies and picked up by MSM, translated to our governments who act on there own behalf .

We feed them and criticise our own thoughts from the very beginning where it all started to happen, Imo. ..
edit on 0b05America/ChicagoSat, 05 Dec 2015 06:06:05 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 05 Dec 2015 06:06:05 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There was a time when people were beaten and killed and horribly discriminated against just for being the wrong color, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Our response as a society was to work on stopping these horrible acts - and that's a good thing. But, like everything else we do, it's human nature to go overboard. We always do. Things usually right themselves eventually.

What we DON'T want to do is go overboard the other way, back to the way it was (or worse). We have to be careful about that.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If you take the time and sit back and look outside the box, you will see where PC has infiltrated all aspects of our society. What used to be common practices 20 years ago are now frowned upon by the PC correct generation. Education, our workplace, our government, our lifestyle are now scrutinized to assure that we don't, so to speak, step on anyone's toes. I used to say its time to stop this nonsense and bring back maturity to our lives, but it is too late.
The PC SJW's have won. There is no turning back. Its sad!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The only people who are 'wrapped up in what's PC and what's not' are those being called out on uncivilized or mean behavior. Once identified, they defend by saying they are being 'attacked' by the 'PC crowd'.

I can see the "dullards" here.

I will not give you the permission you seek to be a jerk. That is what this is all about, right?

Hi, welcome to the party! You could not possibly be more wrong,and I applaud you for being able to fabricate that scenario somehow out of my OP. I wish you could see it for what it is worth and not like it is me asking permission to be a racist. I believe you might be the problem I am speaking about. Try and reread it all without the bias assumption that I am what you think I am.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces

Yet, Freewill exists and energies will do, what they freely want to do. If you are confused, read some of my posts if you feel like it. I realize now that you are here to party but are wanting to try and be formal at the same time. Anyways, this documentary is about being proactive and realizing that there are still things out there that are worth the time and effort to change, yet some think the possibility is gone. It's hard, though. Life is tough. So I'll just simply answer your question. Yes, I believe PC or technology could be a means of an end to a bad beginning. It's just going to take one to start the spark. A simple idea from one, could save humanity forever. You know?

Ok, now I understand thanks I appreciate it. I am talking about Politically Correct not Personal Computer though.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
It's only the anonimity of the Internet that gives them protection to be racist or homophobic. Most people don't tend to express these views in civil society. I always find being nice and ingratiating myself with people is the best way to get what I want from people rather than offending and being rude. I don't know. I guess whatever works for you. I've never seen the PC police out on the streets or on the Internet. They seem to be a figment of some people's imagination. It just seems like certain people see those who are PC as killjoys taking all the fun away from offending the disabled and other voiceless minorities

I am glad you got the chance to participate in a meaningful way without being made fun of or offended. I hope you have a wonderful day today.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I dont really care what "they" call these attacks.

So long as the government doesnt use them to try and justify the further dismantling of the Constitution and loss of our rights.

The problem is that the loss of rights begins with a relatively unpopular group, say Moslems or Arabs. Everyone is supportive as long as its "them" and not us.

Its not very long before these infringements on our freedoms are then rolled out to everyone esle.

edit on 5-12-2015 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
To answer your OP title YES....And I agree with your entire post. Did the Romans become so comfortable with their safety that they were also blinded by the true reality of the threat to their society? I don't know just something I have been thinking about lately. Generation X I guess its called, seems so far from reality that they refuse to believe we are being targeted by a society that is so warped and primitive in their thinking and want to control the world. We better wake up and smell the terrorist before it is too late. They are coming, with global transportation and communication the world has become very small and the things that were not possible or hard to do 50 years ago are at the touch of a finger now. The enemy is at our back door and you better realize it. Stop denying and start defending!
Thanks Ed

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I am glad you got the chance to participate in a meaningful way without being made fun of or offended. I hope you have a wonderful day today.
a reply to: sputniksteve sorry I don't agree with everything you say. Will a star make you feel better

edit on 5-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join