It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cube Satellite to Hunt for UFOs and Take Clear Pictures.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: earthmanDave

I'm all for it. Yes we have NASA live feeds, and the good videos are cut off when a visual anomaly appears. I don't know if NASA actually cut those feeds, or if they are fake, because they never appear on the NASA site again, just on YouTube from uncredible posters. They are usually low quality, maybe 2nd or 3rd digital copies, suffering from YouTube compression loss at each capture.

I'd like to see raw, high def streaming images. I want better cameras, at least one with a good polarizer that reveals subtle lightning differences (cloaked objects). I'd like direct access that won't be cut, and I would be happy to chip in. Anyone arguing that 50k is enough to retire to the Tahiti, maybe when our parents were born. This is a drop in the bucket for a pet project with potential, consumer level DSLR cameras have exploded in quality the past 5 years, I want sharp eyes up there feeding my brain. Looking for objects that are illuminated, that change direction, that have interesting shapes, and any anomalies, where I am the judge of what's interesting.

Dave can you tell us how you get this camera box into space so cheaply, will we have enough money left for gas? Better to discuss it here than research it for myself.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pylgrym....
I'd like to see raw, high def streaming images. ...

And I'd like to [fill in the blank] -- but how would you get YOUR wish with a cubesat?

Just for starters:

How would it communicate continuously?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi pylgrym. It doesn't cost that much anymore to have one sent up. Have a look at Interorbital out of the Mojave desert space port. Look at there cubesats they sell. It comes with launch. We are looking at other options on launch so we can get a little highter orbit for longer life of our sat. As for communication with the sat. We are looking at options on that and have dropped the Ham Radio idea. We are updating idea's all the time and now we our a U2 cubesat. We want full time contact with little or no loss of signal. Dave Cote has been working on just that problem. Signal full time. So I can't answer all that at this time. Pylgrym, you are welcome to donate if you want. Go to our kickstarter page and watch the video.. And we made Popular Machanics Mag.

Dave

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthmanDave
...We want full time contact with little or no loss of signal....
Dave

So does everybody, and hi data rate too. What will THAT cost?

It's a basic question. How many options ARE there to achieve that?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think Dave Cote told me he was looking at a company that had a rate that might run us around the 3000 a month option. It was days ago when he said that. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure he said that. We still pretty open on our options yet, and if you know of some options please chime in. The Ham radio option through GlobalStar was going to run even more, so we dropped the ham option. I'll post back when he has more info on that part. Jim, you seem to know a bit about this subject, so please keep posting about this. If you know of a better option, Please yell..

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hey again. MUFON just posted our story at there website. So here is another story on us.. MUFON Story on CubeSat

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The project team have paid for the launch and expect lift off sometime mid 2017.
www.indiegogo.com...#/updates

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
One fishing rod, no bait, no behavioral or territorial knowledge about a fish that may or may not exist and a flipping giant pond.

Given that surreptitious visitation of other planets probably includes the core requirement of staying hidden- I am not holding my breath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join