It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is it simple to build as well?

Just curious

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Because Turkey didn't release it. It was released on a Greek website claiming to be from the Russian defense ministry.

link   
a reply to: voyger2

Well you are repeating BS. Do some research.

Russian pictures of MH17 being shot by Ukrainian jet 'fake'

Here educate yourself.

link   
a reply to: Nikola014

That would be a valid question.

Was the source Turkish? Looked like Greek to me (but I am not an expert).

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I wonder why do Turks need this propaganda if they are right.

Turkey is right? So you execute two pilots who landed (parachuted) alive? And they're a part of NATO? I thought that was a war crime?

link   
worst thing the jet was bombing al qaeda or al qaeda allies. 1 pilot shot down, second mia. rescue helicopter also destroyed. Thanks turkey, just keep protecting the scum of the earth

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Russia today news report that the Russia's answer to turks will be sadden and hard... I dont know anything more than that.

The second aircraft turks shut down, is not an aircraft, but a helicopter that tried to collect the pilots, when the helicopter approached, they shut it down with an AT/TOW. So turks killed them all.

Here is the funny thing, AT/TOW is USA military equipment. link
edit on 24-11-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

The Turkish government would have known the implications, when they shot the Russian plane.
Even if investigations turn out in favor of Turkey, what use was this incident other than confirming Turkey's dedication of defending their airspace.
The Russian plane didn't pose a threat to Turkish national security, did it?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is what ISIS wants and why they want all the world powers to fight them, because when they get close, incidents like this will happen and possibly broaden the war.

IMO

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Attacking persons parachuting from an aircraft in distress is a war crime under Protocol I in addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions.

Savages the lot of them.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

I do not think you can trust anything anyone says in any investigation.

That is why we need independent investigators-it happens when a commercial airline crashes, however you are right, finding a truly independent crew of investigators might be hard given the delicate circumstances.

Turks probaly killed the Russians when they parachuted.They did not land safely in Syria. Turkey has so many radical muslims as well,could have been ISIS members working with Turks,how messed up this thing is.

'Probably' is not a certainty, and we cannot paint all muslims with the same brush. ISIS is a perverse understanding of a faith, after all not every catholic priest is a pedophile.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hmm, according to Turkish military report...

A Turkish military statement said the plane entered Turkish airspace over the town of Yayladagi, in Hatay province.

link to quote

According to google map, this city isn't in the same area that is the radar picture? Unless im missing something?

The lower red circle is where the radar map shows the Russian plane crossed, however this city is farther northwest? Not even in the same area?

Maybe the report is wrong or im wrong, idk.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

Dont violate turkish airspace is the lesson. This is not the first time russia violated it and was warned what would happen.

The fact putin is trying the "posed no threat" excuse tells me he knows the jet violated turkish airspace. If it isnt then Putin would not need to include the no threat comment.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Of course - I meant if Russia has indeed violated Turkey's airspace.

Can't wait to see Russia's response. Hope Erdogan gets what he deserves.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Turkey extended its border into Syria five miles in 2012, creating a buffer zone. The internationally recognized border of Syria is not where Turkey claims it is. If Russia was flying within Syrian borders, not the extended line Turkey created, this is a blatant violation of force. However, regardless, I'm sure Russia was well aware of the buffer zone before flying into it.

Having said that, it's interesting to note a specific paragraph in the article below.

Source

Putin also said the pilots noticed the flow of oil from Syrian territory under the control of terrorists to Turkey, and RT said he claimed that ISIS has the protection of a nation's military.

If indeed Turkey is supplying safe havens for terrorists, I think Putin is correct in his assertions these are accomplices of terrorists. Either way, this mess is just beginning, and in my opinion the possibility of errors occurring and conflicts between nations happening is definitely a real possibility. With powerful countries operating within the same sphere, its only a matter of time before an accident occurs and escalates the conflict between Nato states and possibly Russia.

Lets hope it doesn't get to that point...

link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

My guess is that NATO will probably try and distance themselves from Turkey, which could make NATO end up looking like the sham that it is. At least, I hope that is the worst of what ends up happening.

To me, it already doesn't matter exactly what happened - sides are already being / have been chosen in terms of the international chess board.

link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Could all this get Turkey kicked out of NATO.. if they aren't playing by the same rules as the other member
states, then perhaps they should be kicked out.

I'm very confused about all this..

It won't - NATO will unanimously back them.
Anything to give Russia crap.
edit on 24-11-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Just as fyi, the turks in this case were from Turkmenistan not turkey.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Give me proof Russia has violated their airspace.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Russia today news report that the Russia's answer to turks will be sadden and hard... I dont know anything more than that.

The second aircraft turks shut down, is not an aircraft, but a helicopter that tried to collect the pilots, when the helicopter approached, they shut it down with an AT/TOW. So turks killed them all.

Where are you getting this from? The heli was shot by FSA rebels. Not Turkey.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join