It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Witches .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A team from the Pontifical Institute of Archaeology have discovered the burnt remains of a young woman whose body was unceremoniously dumped into a pit which was then covered in heavy stone slabs.

Philippe Pergola of the Pontifical Institute believes that the woman was considered a danger even after her death.

news.discovery.com...

The young lady,dubbed " Witch Girl " is the second "witch" to be found at the site in recent years.

In 2014 Philleppes team ,whose team are excavating the complex of San Calocero in Albenga on the Ligurian Riviera, unearthed the body of a 13-year-old female who was buried face-down,staked to the ground with a brick lodged in her mouth.

Evidently she was also thought to be dangerous.

news.discovery.com...

Where these unfortunate young girls the result of a injustice ?

Where these women the wrongly persecuted by a uneducated society ?

The answer to this is more than likely yes, but to play devils advocate lets examine whether there is any actual evidence that real Witches existed .

In 2001 engineers unearthed a buried 17th century witches cottage which is believed to be the home of one of the infamous Pendall Witches.

en.wikipedia.org...

The remarkably well preserved cottage came complete wit its very own witches familiar,a mummified cat.

www.theguardian.com...

Also In 2001 archaeologist Jacqui Wood discovered evidence which she reluctantly concluded was result of 8,500 year old pagan ritualistic witchcraft paraphernalia which included what is believed to be an actual witches cauldron.

archive.archaeology.org...

So not only is there some evidence that witches where real but they used cauldrons and kept familiars , just like the stereotypical image of Witches from the fairy tales or Halloween displays.

All that is missing is the broomsticks.

Can you guess what they did with them ?

It is speculated that 15th women would cover broomsticks in a type hallucinogenic mold known as ergot and then shove it up their vaginas.

This is believed to be the origin of the witches flying on a broomstick tales originate .

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

So I propose that Witches did actually exist and not only that, they lived up to there modern stereotype.

They kept familiars, performed rituals using cauldrons , and they used to "ride magic broomsticks"

edit on 21-11-2015 by thebabyseagull because: Speeling

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I propose that you were right at the beginning of the thread.
Uneducated superstitious idiots being fearful of strong wonen and claiming witchcraft.
So no there is no such thing as spells or dark magic...unless paul daniels.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thebabyseagull

They kept familiars, performed rituals using cauldrons , and they used to "ride magic broomsticks"

Yep, you're right. Everyone is a "witch" now. Go ahead, # up on one emoji with a loved one and see what happens.

P.S. Could you please edit your byline and take out that extra "H"?
edit on 21-11-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

In the case of the pendall witches and the Cornish cauldron i would argue that the participants believed they where performing or at least taking part in some sort of magic ritual.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Sorry i am awful at spelling how do i change the title?

Dont worry i figured it out
edit on 21-11-2015 by thebabyseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Any woman of olden days that practiced herbal medicine could of been labeled a witch. I was taught that men making money as doctors did not like the medicine women and midwives and did not like the competition.
Nothing wrong with modern medicine, mind you, but herbcraft and herbal remedies have been around for a very long time.
The magic and medicinal properties of what Mother Earth provides have been passed down from many generations back.
Yes, "'witches'', ''Shamans'' ''Medicine women and men'' have been around awhile.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well the broomstick thing, is wrong.. thank you..

Runaway couple = "marriage on the cross of the sword"

But hey any weird story makes it better?
edit on 20152111 by rajas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas If I recall correctly, the riding of the broomstick was done with the bristles in front and it had to do with the harvest season. Not getting splinters up the yin yang!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I think they actually flew. There's tales of witches flying--without broomsticks--all around the world. Especially in places like Mexico. I have heard a story of them using this powder and then they say a spell and that allows them to fly. I don't know anything else, though.

I am friends with a Wiccan priestess--and she has the ability to do things and I have seen her do it. It's no joke. Plenty of people do witchcraft. I personally have no interest in it, but I think that I (generally) understand how it works. Anyone can do it. You just have to have the right intent, so to speak.

All magic is technically 'dark magic'. But from what my friend tells me, white witches practice at the full moon and black witches prefer the dark of the moon. And yes, they have familiars. Normal, non-witches can have them, too--it's just a strong bond with an animal. I had one with my cat--she's passed on now, though.

I totally would have been burned at the stake, btw. I have the 'witches mark', as well lol I'm sooooooooo happy that I wasn't born back in ye good 'olde days.

A lot of the hubbub about witches is obviously b.s.--but legends are usually rooted in fact. I thought that everyone knew that witches exist. Guess I thought wrong

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

That came with norse mythology and witches if i recall.. Its a purity ritual and as you say not splinters in rectum, someone was probably invited, got a trip on a drug.. saw the broomstick and a couple "marrying", jumped over the broom, the ran into the woods, had sex, since your not allowed to have sex within the compound since its "dirty" and they came back a couple of days later, the man and woman "in luuuuve".. Drugs is bad m`kay

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

You mean mixing alcohol and herbs is dark magic? Daaaamn

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

what?

I'm afraid I don't understand.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

nvm

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My wife says she is a witch, and I have met others in the midwest that claim the same...

What makes up a witch *shrugs* beats me, I have no reason to say no she isn't ...because you cant prove it one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Shamans and witches have been around longer than we can trace them through history. Today, there are many witches. It's a more popular belief system than most know. A "real" witch is anyone who practices the craft. As for the broomstick. In ancient Europe, one of the uses for it was ritual. The witches would perform a ritual in the middle of freshly planted fields, by straddling the broom, and jumping to encourage the crops growth, higher and higher.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I understood. Hehehe.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I understood. Hehehe.

Kinda realized why you cant teach people "the art of witchcraft" since it will be abused, i have over 500 "spells", only use two "spells", one magic powder in magic capsules that digest in the stomach ( nootropic ) and they are sooooo gooood.. You still get killed for "the art of witchcraft" practiced in society. May only be used for own purpose is the first rule...

Cant believe i wrote the s*** i just wrote

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Cant believe i wrote the s*** i just wrote

And with that you are on your way.

Welcome, Rajas.

edit on 21-11-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

You got a "spell"
send PM!!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Make up your own. It's in the writing. Enough with your holding back.

Enunciate yourself!

This is ATS!

<<   2 >>

join