It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My white neighbor thought I was breaking into my own apartment. Nineteen cops showed up."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yup it would be ironic If once the cops had gone he got broken into for real.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

lol
it has nothing to do with color.

ten yrs ago I was living in an apartment and suffered the same fate. a person I met had no place to stay one nite so I let him stay. he left and then the next nite he was opened the window to the room I let him stay and crawled into bed then soon the cops were there and I was in a lawn chair in the living room handcuffed. I ended up with a paraphernalia ticket after many cops with tool kits came in to check for everything but found nothing other than some zigzags.

NOT RACIAL except for the ones implicating racism themselves are the RACIST.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I see some racism in the article all right.... All from the "victim". For all the cops know it is a home invasion with a guy behind the door with a gun....

If you are going to try and show what "people of color" have to deal with at least use non sensationalized material. There should be plenty of it, apparently, with all the protests......

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So, everyone is going to ignore the fact that the woman actually called a locksmith? Entirely different if she tried to get in through a window but she got a locksmith. So that means both stood at the door of the place while the smith plied his trade. In full view of everyone!

An older black woman and an guy/gal with a toolbelt are suspicious enough to call the cops on and over 15 cops show up?

Jeez talk about over reacting. But when your black, it's the crap you got to deal with on a day to day bases. Kind of like when you move somewhere and people wonder how you can afford the house your living in

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I once locked myself out and had to climb through my bathroom window and got stuck half way, my legs wiggling outside and my upper body hanging inside over the bog.
I was there for 2 hours before I heard "You having a problem sir?" two bobbys who ended up kicking my door down and saving me then laughing and taking the piss while I made em a brew.
Different worlds really.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Same thing happened to me. I locked myself out and had to climb through a window to get back in. Someone saw me and called the police. As I'm sipping a beer watching the tv, three cop cars show up and start screaming at me to come out with my hands up.

I did and explained what happened, showed my ID and all was well.

I've had the cops come to my house several times. Every single time it's because of some busy body stuck their noses where it doesn't belong.

As for the story in the OP, I don't believe we are getting the whole story. Why would a locksmith open the door for someone that didn't belong there? The neighbor watched the homeowner AND the locksmith and called the cops? How does that even work? You call 911 and tell the dispatcher that there's a locksmith and calm lady breaking into a home and they rush in with guns drawn? Something is VERY fishy with this story.

Sounds like another "walking while black" fabrication. Keep up the divide people. This ONLY happens to people of color. SMH!

Yeah...I am going to call BS on this story as well. She is doing for the media hype. All the other racial crap she threw in about being scared enough to not eat somewhere....please spare me the diatribe.

So sick of this retarded victim agenda crap. So she expects us to believe she is a VP of a multinational company and is so weak she can't get over cops being called on her? I fear for her company....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wow, that is terrible. My brother the other day got the cops called on him for Jump starting his car by Pushing it. Some passer by got out of his car and helped push it, then thought it would be good to call the cops. Guess the Key in hand, and the fact that he lives right across the street from this guys work, and has had the car for more than 3 years, isnt enough to squash any thought of it being stolen. IDIOT

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Santa Monica is an odd place. There's a real mix of everything.

It's "friendly" to the homeless. Both in ideaology and location.

I'd say calling on suspicious activity was the right thing to do.

My question: was it handled correctly by police? Something seems missing in this story.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

A similar thing happened to me, but without the locksmith. I had a new alarm system which I didn't realize would lock the doors on its own without my pressing the button, got out of the car to pump gas, left the keys in the cup holder, and after 30 seconds, I hear "GLEEP-GLEEP"...Luckily, the cargo shorts I was wearing had pockets big enough to hold my early 90's cell phone. I call a friend who comes and picks me up, brings me to my house where I had lived since I was a 1 year old. I crawled in through my bedroom window, gave my dog a treat, grabbed a bottle of water and my backup keys, then went out the front door, locking it behind me. A neighbor had called the police about the "break-in."

There were only 8 police, and only 6 of them had guns drawn on me, so it wasn't quite as intense, though still plenty more bullets than necessary to blow even my hard head into goo.

I always figured it was because it appeared to someone who wasn't familiar with me, despite my 17 years living in the same house, that I was breaking in, and I was happy that someone bothered to care, and that the police responded as quickly as they did.

Foolish me - thinking it appeared my house was being broken into and the police responded, to protect my property, when in reality, it must have been my skin color (I'm white.)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

My older brother moved in our middle brothers house after a divorce . shortly after he moved in a neighbor called the local PD on him as a suspicious person . All of the on duty officers responed as SOP requires . Guns drawn , drug him out of house , hands on head then cuffed him face down in the yard . My mother pulled up to drop off a child car seat , she jumped out of her car demanding to know what was going on . She too had a gun pointed in her face . Took a while to clear up .

They are not scarred for life , no names and badge numbers were taken and no write ups in the paper . It just was .

What if it was a white woman ? Would you be making a thread about it ? Doubtful . Because this sh!t happens all the time . Happened to my own family and lo and behold we are white . There is another thread from a few days ago where an unarmed white man was killed when cops entered his home without a warrant looking for a previous owner/renter , did you participate in that thread ? That man actually lost his life . Doesnt fit the "systemic racism" narrative does it ?

I have to also ask , where is the racism here ? I read her acccount and do not see any racism . This story is one sided BS .
edit on 18-11-2015 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Santa Monica is an odd place. There's a real mix of everything.

It's "friendly" to the homeless. Both in ideaology and location.

I'd say calling on suspicious activity was the right thing to do.

My question: was it handled correctly by police? Something seems missing in this story.

I'd question if any of it even really happened at all. My reasoning for that is a story like this, if true, would be picked up by the libtard MSM all day long and spewed all over. Too many oddities in it for it to ring true as well....typically if something feels off, it is off.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com... id=ss_tw

They asked me why I hadn’t come outside shouting, “I LIVE HERE.”

There we have it folks. Whenever a power mad crazy cop tries to outrank you on this shared planet of ours just shout, "I LIVE HERE!"

When they find it's a false alarm they want to blame it on the way you reacted to their aggression. How about blaming the idiots who call in something they don't understand as if they do understand. Usually these people are guilty of something themselves and want to point the finger at someone else.

Yes, great the cops showed up. Great someone cared enough to report a scene they interpreted as suspicious. But when you realise you were a fool, you apologise and leave. Only a worthless piece of garbage then goes on to blame it on the innocent party not shouting, "I LIVE HERE!"

"I had never looked down the barrel of a gun or at the face of a man with a loaded weapon pointed at me. In his eyes, I saw fear and anger."

Let's get this absolutely straight here. The excuse for a cop who was pointing a gun at her while showing the body language of a snivelling coward afterwards said she should have shouted at him. Who's trying to get an opportunity for a gratuitous killing here? Some cops are satanists and just want the opportunity for a random human sacrifice.
edit on 18 11 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Exactly this story is not written by someone who is scarred for life it was written with an agenda.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A shame that the good neighbor watching out for his neighbor doesn't know who his neighbor actually is.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

There's a clear agenda grounded in a reality and made real by the idiotic request to have shouted at them when they were scared behind their weapons.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Do you? Or are there only two of them.

link   

originally posted by: Kester

www.washingtonpost.com... id=ss_tw

They asked me why I hadn’t come outside shouting, “I LIVE HERE.”

There we have it folks. Whenever a power mad crazy cop tries to outrank you on this shared planet of ours just shout, "I LIVE HERE!"

When they find it's a false alarm they want to blame it on the way you reacted to their aggression. How about blaming the idiots who call in something they don't understand as if they do understand. Usually these people are guilty of something themselves and want to point the finger at someone else.

Yes, great the cops showed up. Great someone cared enough to report a scene they interpreted as suspicious. But when you realise you were a fool, you apologise and leave. Only a worthless piece of garbage then goes on to blame it on the innocent party not shouting, "I LIVE HERE!"

"I had never looked down the barrel of a gun or at the face of a man with a loaded weapon pointed at me. In his eyes, I saw fear and anger."

Let's get this absolutely straight here. The excuse for a cop who was pointing a gun at her while showing the body language of a snivelling coward afterwards said she should have shouted at him. Who's trying to get an opportunity for a gratuitous killing here? Some cops are satanists and just want the opportunity for a random human sacrifice.

Well....you are assuming she is telling a true story.

I happen to believe she is not, and this is for some agenda or attention purpose, maybe wanting to feel like part of the "cause" or something similar.

Any actual LEO on here can verify that 16 police officers would show up at a B&E anywhere in the world?

Also interesting that she waited 2 1/2 months to write the story as well....

link   
Wouldn't want people like that living near me.

Not because of racism, I just don't like arseholes.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'd like to see it completely trashed if it's untrue.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
A shame that the good neighbor watching out for his neighbor doesn't know who his neighbor actually is.
My sentiments exactly.
Some posted that the neighbor who called the cops was being a good neighbor, wouldn't knowing what your neighbors look like be even better? I know all my neighbors if not from talking to them, I wave hello at least. Even if its dark out, I can recognize my neighbors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join