It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tells Cops They Can't Search His Home Without A Warrant, Cops Kick His Door Down & Kill Him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Killed in your own home because police were looking for someone else who lived at that address previously.

Note: It could be a death sentence if you ask a police officer to have a search warrant for your residence.

wncn.com...

Clayton Carroll told WNCN that his roommate, 33-year-old John Livingston was shot several times by a Harnett County Sheriff deputy during the incident.

Carroll says sheriff’s deputies knocked on their door around 3:30 a.m.

Carroll said they were looking for someone that no longer lived there. When deputies asked Livingston if they could search the trailer, Livingston said “not without a search warrant,” according to Carroll.

Livingston then closed the door.

“The cop kicked in the door, got on top of him, started slinging him around beat him…” Carroll said.

www.informationliberation.com...

Harnett County, North Carolina sheriff's deputies kicked a man's door down at 3:30am this past Sunday and killed him after he told them they couldn't search his home "without a search warrant."

After John Livingston, 33, shut his door in the deputies' faces with his demand for a warrant, his roommate says police "kicked in the door, got on top of him, started slinging him around [and] beat him."

They then sprayed mace in his face and begun to tase the unarmed father of three who was described as a "hard working, very loving" family man and talented carpenter who actually built the small home the deputies were invading.

When Livingston attempted to remove the taser from the hands of the officer who was shocking him, the deputies executed him claiming he got a hold of their weapon.

edit on 16-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Wed Nov 18 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quotes

+43 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
He should have opened up with a 12 gauge and emptied it, the second that door came down. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six. Guess he never learned that.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Witnesses said Livingston was not fighting back and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy’s hands.

So which was it?

He was "not fighting back" is contradicted by "and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy's hands."

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Criminals do not update their information with the DPS (or whatever your local Drivers License Bureau is) if they have warrants for fear of arrest. This is why it is so important to avoid renting these days. Save up and get some land, even a small lot for under 1k and get out of the city. Own your own. Even better, make sure the land had never had an address because you registered it with the 911 system yourself (or just drop out completely and never register to 911 at all and live off grid). Check your local and state laws and be familiar with them.

Every year where I used to live the police did a round up and all agencies went to look for those with outstanding warrants. There were 65,000 open warrants the last year I lived in that county. Imagine all the wrong addresses.

+90 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

What does it matter? The point is the cops busted his door down without a warrant, and the poor guy had done nothing wrong. He dies because the cops can't wait overnight and get a search warrant?

This noise is getting old.

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Witnesses said Livingston was not fighting back and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy’s hands.

So which was it?

He was "not fighting back" is contradicted by "and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy's hands."

If you watch the video, it is reported by witnesses that he was on his stomach with his hands behind his back while the deputy was tasering him.

I might be inclined to grab a taser out of the hand of some ass that was chain tasering me as well.

Moral of the story, wrong guy, wrong address, cops should not kick down a door because you tell them to have a search warrant.

+66 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Shouldn't matter!! No warrant, period. End of story. I'm sick and tired of the constitution only mattering when somebody says anything about guns.

The 4th part (which yes, comes after #2) speaks of unreasonable searches. No warrant, no f'n entry. Pretty cut and dry to me 😠

edit on 16-11-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: on = only

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I read this story earlier today, in disbelief, not really, but will look for the rest of details to come out.

+49 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Interesting.

Break into a man's home, then execute him for no reason..

Seems like a pretty easy life sentence or two to hand out to these cops. If any regular citizen did this, they'd be facing public shaming and death penalty.

I hope the state does the right thing here. If not, I hope the officers' information is leaked sooner rather than later. Tired of these scumbags murdering people and getting a paid vacation for it

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
Shouldn't matter!! No warrant, period. End of story. I'm sick and tired of the constitution on mattering when somebody says anything about guns.

The 4th part (which yes, comes after #2) speaks of unreasonable searches. No warrant, no f'n entry. Pretty cut and dry to me 😠

No warrant, this is going to cost the city or county big.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Sad sad news indeed, another statistics to add to the police brutality.

So what's gonna happen to this brutal murder case, I hope this officer faces the full force of the law for his actions.

Peace

edit on 16-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
More details are needed, of course, but wow. If you thought putting nude families outside while home were tearing it apart was bad, then this. Something needs to be done quick, such as an immediate investigation.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I'm guessing there won't be any rioting in North Carolina? Why not? This isn't a vague racist remark. This is a serious question. WHY NOT?!

Why are white communities so docile when it comes to allowing themselves to be abused? I always hear of how black communities are "bad" because they react to injustices but that's how it should be. When police do this, it needs to cost the city money. Every time. Eventually, the folks in charge will realize that it's far more cost-effective to promote better training and stricter punishment for cops than to defend them in court all the time.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I've been on the wrong side of a cop that didn't know/care of citizens constitutional rights.

It's scary as hell because the cop doesn't view you as a person, just as a "threat". Don't dare stand up for yourself or your rights because their power trip will have the last say. If you make a wrong move they "need to protect themselves", even if they f'd up initially, you'll be six feet under unless you obey.

I have no problem with law enforcement as a necessity, but it seems so many LEO's have the "us vs. them" mentality instead of upholding their oath of honor.

Ghost

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Not defending these officers actions. LEO's experience stress that most of us don't experience in our lives, was an automotive machinist, that set of chevy 350 heads in no way threatened my life. Walk a mile in another's moccasins and all of that, but mental health exams need to be performed.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I'm guessing there won't be any rioting in North Carolina? Why not? This isn't a vague racist remark. This is a serious question. WHY NOT?!

Why are white communities so docile when it comes to allowing themselves to be abused? I always hear of how black communities are "bad" because they react to injustices but that's how it should be. When police do this, it needs to cost the city money. Every time. Eventually, the folks in charge will realize that it's far more cost-effective to promote better training and stricter punishment for cops than to defend them in court all the time.

White folks don't riot, we vote, we contact our representatives in congress, we write letters to the local paper. There may be more than a few that will do more, but most of us are working and trying to make a living and pay the bills.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The definition of resisting arrest would be convulsing in pain whilst on your stomach with your hands behind your back

This is really getting old,terror does not only come in the form of religion does it ?....

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

When police do this, it needs to cost the city money. Every time.

Yeah sure. Money will bring back that poor guy's life. Uh huh. Money will make his family happy. Uh huh. Money, money, money. While that guy is six feet under, wondering what the hell happened, and why he didn't at least take a couple with him.

NO. It needs to start costing them their lives too when they do this, without a bunch of corrupt judges and superiors letting them off on paid administrative leave. Laws need to be enacted to allow citizens to defend themselves against this insane abuse, without fear of retribution.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I believe you are so wrong and so right at the same time.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that the people of this community; hell, all of us should be mad enough to spit blood, and we should be forcing these departments to take responsibility for the unnecessary overkill happening within their departments. We should all be in a total uproar and we should be not back-down.

I do however disagree greatly, that it is the responsibility of the Whites, Blacks, Reds, Greens or Browns. It is the responsibility and duty of "all" Americans.

We cannot afford to allow them to divide us. Divided we lose; they win.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hopefully this gets some national attention. #AllLivesMatter

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join