It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tells Cops They Can't Search His Home Without A Warrant, Cops Kick His Door Down & Kill Him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I hear you, man. It's a sad situation all the way around.

Funny thing is, I am not against good cops at all. Met plenty. I have no trouble with them at all. I act respectful when they stop me on routine and all goes well.

But see that's just it. These cops that killed this guy could NOT have been good, reasoning cops at all. There's no way. You figure the person in charge would have used his brain for one split second and would have thought to approach a judge for a warrant in the morning- rather than create chaos and risk the lives of everyone involved. It is just frigging stupid. And that's the problem: Friggin stupid, power-tripping abusers, that were likely hired by another friggin power-tripping abuser, who turned down a few applicants because their IQ was too high for the job. An applicant who would have likely dealt with the situation with a little more brains and less testosterone.

These cops do it just because they can, have armor on, have overwhelming numbers, and are much more likely to survive any confrontation.
edit on Mon Nov 16th 2015 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

I never said he'd win against the cops with a 12 gauge. But if you are going to die anyways because the cops can't wait 5 hours to approach a judge for a warrant (who may have well denied it, because of lack of probable cause)- then by George I say take as many as you can with you. The guy's dead either way. But it cost no cop his life, and it damn well should have. At least one, if not two or three. I would have cheered had this story ended up instead with the title:

"Man kills three cops defending his home against their illegal home invasion- and is acquitted."

Meanwhile in the real world , "Shot's fired, officer down , backup required." Swat team arrives , stun grenade through the
window , they all storm in and take turns filling you with lead.
Let's say you did somehow survive that ,... inside prison , before you're trial , put in isolation and beaten to a pulp .
Everyday ...!
You cannot talk back to these morons , let them search , you'll live longer and have a story to tell your kids .
RIP to all the victims everyday , ....and night .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
All this crap is why I keep "Ol Betsy" close by and ready to shout if you know what I mean,

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Another senseless death at the hands of lawless cops, very sad for this man's family. There are far too many loopholes that give cops justifications to break down doors without search warrants. The article says they were investigating an "assault" case, I wish it gave more info about the nature of the assault.

I've told this story on ATS before, but I think it's worth repeating in this thread. Several years ago my BF, whom I did not live with at the time, got into a fight with a drunk guy who charged him, after he had tried repeatedly to defuse the situation to no avail, the drunk dude was determined to fight him...long story short, my BF kicked his butt and the following day the guy had to seek medical attention and filed an assault charge against my BF. His GF knew where I lived as I was friendly acquaintances with them both, and had even offered to try and get her BF a job.

The police show up at my house and wake me up at 6am, pounding and screaming for me to open up, I get up open the door and without saying a word, shoved me aside and stormed my house with guns drawn. I was pleading with them to tell me what was going on, it wasn't until after they searched my house and determined he wasn't there that I was told why they were there. I tried to explain to them that he acted in self defense and offered to call my BF and have him come over.

Well, that pissed them off, they took away my phone and basically forced me to go with them in my pajamas to show them where my BF lived, they made me stay in the car while they went and arrested my BF and marched him down the street in his boxers and no shoes, btw that is how he was released too in the pouring rain with no clothes or shoes on. They let his dog out and wouldn't even allow me to get out of the car to go get the dog, thankfully a neighbor grabbed her or she would have followed that police car into traffic. He was found not guilty and cleared of all charges, but there was absolutely NO reasoning with this group of "thugs" or any investigation done to find out what actually happened, we were just at their mercy, VERY SCARY !!!!!!

Not that it should matter but we are both white and we lived in a middle class area.......all I can say to people that don't believe this is a problem ,is that until you experience this kind of abuse and disregard for your rights it's hard to imagine it could happen to YOU and YOURS too !

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah bet the cops get off free.

And.. how is there even an argument going on in this thread...?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

While I agree with what you said when is there a time to stop this crap and those involved to pay a price for their stupidity ?

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Abysha

I'm guessing there won't be any rioting in North Carolina? Why not? This isn't a vague racist remark. This is a serious question. WHY NOT?!

Why are white communities so docile when it comes to allowing themselves to be abused? I always hear of how black communities are "bad" because they react to injustices but that's how it should be. When police do this, it needs to cost the city money. Every time. Eventually, the folks in charge will realize that it's far more cost-effective to promote better training and stricter punishment for cops than to defend them in court all the time.

White folks don't riot, we vote, we contact our representatives in congress, we write letters to the local paper. There may be more than a few that will do more, but most of us are working and trying to make a living and pay the bills.

White folk caused two of the biggest "riots" in American history one called the war of independence and the other the civil war

edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

This is terrorism.

It is not just murder, it is not just an illegal entry into a home followed by a homicide, it is terrorism. These individuals, who broke down that door, tortured and then executed a man on his own damned deck are terrorists. Their actions have caused fear, and that fear has a purpose. In this case, the fear that was created by these actions is designed to make innocent people aware that despite the constitutional protections offered them by citizenship of the United States of America, that if they rely on those protections to save them from unreasonable search and seizure, the police will simply kill them for daring to know their rights, and attempt to exercise them.

This is an assault against not only the dead mans rights, but against the constitution, the state, and indeed the freedom of the people. An act designed to create terror in the streets, crush the spirit of the law abiding, and ensure that the only people with the freedom to uphold their rights without fear of being murdered, are those with badges of office.

This is utterly disgusting, and there had better not be any crap from the police about this. Those men should be arrested, charged with murder and under terror legislation, and thrown in a hole for ten lifetimes. Awful, awful business.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
UPDATE - Officials ID deputy in deadly shooting of Harnett County dad

SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WNCN) – The Harnett County Sheriff’s Office has released the name of the deputy involved in Sunday morning’s fatal officer-involved shooting in Spring Lake.

Harnett County Sheriff’s Deputy Nicholas Kehagias was involved in the shooting incident, according to Maj. Jeff Huber. Kehagias has been employed as a deputy sheriff since July 2013 and is currently assigned to the patrol division.

Read more here....

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Was it so hard to say "how can I help you officer?".

And after the officer says I am looking for so and do, just say "No, I live here, here is my ID."

Yes, that was probably too hard.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Witnesses said Livingston was not fighting back and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy’s hands.

So which was it?

He was "not fighting back" is contradicted by "and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy's hands."
Are you condeming the man for doing something like that in his own house where the cop had no buisseness being there? You call that a fight?

The cop should not have been in there in the first place, the cop was the tresspasser and you try to bring this up as a argument?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
Shouldn't matter!! No warrant, period. End of story. I'm sick and tired of the constitution only mattering when somebody says anything about guns.

The 4th part (which yes, comes after #2) speaks of unreasonable searches. No warrant, no f'n entry. Pretty cut and dry to me 😠

a reply to: schuyler

Exactly , wich is the whole reason for getting a warrant. So that cops wont just blow any door down and kill people because they cannot make that judgement call ,wich is very aparent in this case i would say.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Was it so hard to say "how can I help you officer?".

And after the officer says I am looking for so and do, just say "No, I live here, here is my ID."

Yes, that was probably too hard.

Yep just easier and more fun to go roidhead and kill the guy, warrant be damned; why, because he pissed you off and the constitution is just for peons ! No one really knows what was said before the incident. But everyone seems to know there was no warrant and the guy is dead in his on house. If you see nothing wrong with that you must be a cop who barely passed the academy and slept through law 101 .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Agreed, and to go a step further, unless I missed something in the articles, it's the guys roommate and a random witness who said the cop was basically unprovoked.

There's no proof. Just people jumping on the bandwagon, both on scene and in this thread.

Get the cops story, and any evidence, before you start you witch hunt.

I swear it's to the point now where if a cop was ever rear-ended by a drunk teenager while texting in a car with poorly maintained brakes you guys would blame the cop for being parked in the wrong place at the wrong time and demand he pay her medical bills.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: schuyler

Witnesses said Livingston was not fighting back and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy’s hands.

So which was it?

He was "not fighting back" is contradicted by "and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy's hands."
Are you condeming the man for doing something like that in his own house where the cop had no buisseness being there? You call that a fight?

The cop should not have been in there in the first place, the cop was the tresspasser and you try to bring this up as a argument?

Allow me to correct your message...

You THINK the cop should not have been there, because some nearby biased witnesses said so.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The American Police State thrives!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18
Allow me to correct your message...

You THINK the cop should not have been there, because some nearby biased witnesses said so.

I do note that no news source has presented any evidence that there was a warrant. The SO is not claiming it, either, they're just circling the wagons.

Short of a warrant, or observation of the person entering the residence by the LEO, there is no way whatsoever that the LEO can lawfully force entry. Doing so is a crime.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

That why in Alaska the cops are nice.

9 out of 10 residents have multiple guns.

This officer would have been executed promptly in my state

The southern states are not even worth visiting IMHO

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It's quite possible the man was instinctively trying to remove the tazers from his back to stop the pain, and in the process one of the officers was injured or in danger of being tazed himself.....still doesn't amount to the officer being afraid for his life and using deadly force.

The problem seems to be that in many of these cases the cops are relying on inaccurate info provided by unreliable sources. In the example I provided of what happened to me, it was the guy's GF that brought the police to my house, she KNEW my BF didn't live with me, so unless she lied to the police, the police knew that too before storming my house. I was basically guilty by association and they didn't know where he actually lived. I remember reading about another case of a fatal shooting when the cops stormed a guys house on info given to them by an "informant" who claimed he sold drugs, I believe it that case they did have a warrant, but when it comes to something as serious as searching a person's home there needs to be more proof then just the word of an "informant"....no drugs were found btw.

Since we don't know the nature of the assault the person of interest had committed, we have no way of knowing how dangerous the suspect was, did capturing him require a 3 am ambush in the 1st place ? I am VERY interested to hear the cops side of the story, and what possible logic could have led to this man's tragic death.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That was a straight up Murder/Home invasion..Smfh,These kind of stories make My blood boil.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join