It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French high-speed train derails & catches fire near Strasbourg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

A train has derailed and caught fire in Eckwersheim near Strasbourg, France. Rescue teams have arrived to the site, local media reported, adding there are casualties.

A high-speed TGV train derailed in Eckwersheim in the Bas-Rhin department of Alsace in northeastern France mid-afternoon on Saturday.

Le Parisien newspaper reported that several people have died. There has been no official confirmation on the casualties.

The SNCF state service has confirmed that the accident occurred, but didn’t provide further details, according to the paper.

Emergency crews have been deployed to the site. The train derailed while on a bridge and the cars fell into the Marne-Rhine canal, according to witness reports.
Photos from the scene show smoke comi

French high-speed train derails & catches fire near Strasbourg

wow France really can't get a break after last nights events and now this.

I doubt it's terrorist related as the SNCF is saying it's an accident but damn, they're going through a real rough time at the moment

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Coincidence..????

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Even if this is an accident people and the web will link it to yesterday's attack. How many high speed train accidents have there been? Haven't heard of any before that I can recall.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Kinda strange that both ends of the bridge are smoking if this is a speed related derailment.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
News saying it's a "test train". Why would it derail while on a bridge? I wish they had more details.

I wonder if Xanax or other anxiety drugs will escalate in use in France. Seriously, people must literally be walking on pins and needles. I deeply feel for them at this time. The sense of helplessness can be very depressing.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Even if this is an accident people and the web will link it to yesterday's attack. How many high speed train accidents have there been? Haven't heard of any before that I can recall.

I know, there's going to be a lot of people thinking it was engineered and to happen at the bridge for maximum carnage

Makes me think of the French resistance during WW2 sabotaging the rail networks while under occupation

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Remember this one? Not that long ago
Rail crash near Santiago kills 79

but you are right about 'being linked' this also happened with the Spanish train crash, being linked to the ETA at first.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Officials are saying it's not terrorism. Train was empty thankfully, still five people died and a heavy burden and a nation of broken hearts is just amplified by this.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The timing of this is awfully peculiar.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Discotech

Officials are saying it's not terrorism. Train was empty thankfully, still five people died and a heavy burden and a nation of broken hearts is just amplified by this.

You have to wonder though, with what happened last night and France being in a state of mourning and lock down why didn't they just postpone this test ?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Best time to do a test.
not many people travling.

but the timing is odd.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
they say 10 dead and 12 critically wounded on french news, there was 47 persons on board, technicians and some with their kids. The train was speed testing.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Potters Bar?
en.wikipedia.org...

www.dailymail.co.uk... k-place.html

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Best time to do a test.
not many people travling.

but the timing is odd.

You think?

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say the train came 24hrs too late. Maybe they set the date wrong on the timer.

top topics

join