It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway disarms its police officers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Great timing, No?

Threat level lowered ?

Kinda like hanging a sign that says, "gun free zone" for all to see... (sarcasm) I am glad that Norway's great thinkers are not worried about any Jihadist...

I am beginning to wonder if ISIS has put something in the water supply to make governments stupid in many countries of Europe ? Probably got the recipe from the USA if they are ?

OSLO: Norway's police, who have been authorised to carry firearms for the past year due to a heightened threat of extremist attacks, will be unarmed again now that the threat level has been lowered, police said on Friday (Nov 13).

National police chief Odd Reidar Humlegard told reporters the measure would take effect on Nov 17.

The country's 6,000 uniformed police officers will "have to keep their weapons locked in their patrol cars like they did previously," he said.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I am beginning to wonder if ISIS has put something in the water supply to make governments stupid in many countries of Europe ? Probably got the recipe from the USA if they are ?

Why? Do the instances of police brutality that have recently been in the spotlight have anything to do with the water?

If Norwegian water is making their police docile maybe we should import that along with their tasty salmon.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Last night's events may have changed this plan to disarm them.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Probably the opposite . Lets disarm and show ISIS that we are a peaceful people so they will leave us alone...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well, the UK can get away with unarmed police in this world of trouble. Good for Norway.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Probably the opposite . Lets disarm and show ISIS that we are a peaceful people so they will leave us alone...

I'd almost agree with that after seeing time and time again on msm, they show pictures of german civilians welcoming the refugees with open arms and even cheering i have seen on another video.

EUROPE IS BEING DESTROYED FROM WITHIN.....

there, i said it.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

I'd almost agree with that after seeing time and time again on msm, they show pictures of german civilians welcoming the refugees with open arms and even cheering i have seen on another video.

EUROPE IS BEING DESTROYED FROM WITHIN.....

there, i said it.

A star for the truth. The bad thing is , the US is following right behind...
Peace at any cost...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

when are they going to realize that doesn't work?

EXCLUSIVE: AS PARIS BURNED, UK MUSLIMS TOLD TO ‘STRUGGLE’ FOR ISLAMIC STATE IN UNPRECEDENTED ISLAMIST SHOW OF FORCE

www.breitbart.com... show-of-force/

BEDFORD, United Kingdom – As the distressing attacks in Paris were occurring last night, some of Britain’s most high profile and notorious Islamist extremists gathered just north of London, unimpeded, to tell hundreds of British Muslims to “struggle” for an “Islamic State.” Breitbart London was there.

At the “Quiz a Muslim” event held last night in the Corn Exchange in Bedford, panelists called British values were “junk”, demanded that Muslims should “define” British law, and ominously, appeared to suggest Muslims were at war with the British.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If Norwegian water is making their police docile maybe we should import that along with their tasty salmon.

With you on that police dont need to be armed... :-)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I agree. It's obvious the decision was made before the Paris attacks. From OP link

POSTED: 14 Nov 2015 03:44

OSLO: Norway's police, who have been authorised to carry firearms for the past year due to a heightened threat of extremist attacks, will be unarmed again now that the threat level has been lowered, police said on Friday (Nov 13).

National police chief Odd Reidar Humlegard told reporters the measure would take effect on Nov 17.

The country's 6,000 uniformed police officers will "have to keep their weapons locked in their patrol cars like they did previously," he said.

Norwegian police were authorised to carry their service weapons on their belts in November 2014 after the country's intelligence service PST raised the threat level because of the risk of an attack.

Also, title a little misleading because LEO's aren't being disarmed as in NO weapons, they'll just have to keep them locked in patrol cars unless or until they need them.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Lets just say that we have a problem.

And its not going away..

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

With you on that police dont need to be armed... :-)

What do you propose police should do in defense when one of their own are facing the barrel of an oppressor's firearm?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: 727Sky

Why? Do the instances of police brutality that have recently been in the spotlight have anything to do with the water?

Hahaha. If people only knew what you were referring to.....

I guess I'm going to have to start linking the mysterious red blob discovered in Scandinavian waters just last week, that appears to be 3 meters deep and X wide.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

What do you propose police should do in defense when one of their own are facing the barrel of an oppressor's firearm?

Well, in the UK the unarmed police officer will use his/her untamed wit to disarm the miscreant. It actually works.

Failing that, an armed response team will be dragged out of bed to use their untamed wit, but with a bit of shouting. That works too.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I live just a few km out side Oslo "Norway"

Some of the arguments against the police being armed are:

1. Not all of Our police individuals are selected and have the right mind set and training to carry a gun. Just because you wear the badge does not mean you are suited to carry a fire arm.

2. Our police force have been armed for about 10 months. In these ten months there have been a gun accidentally going off every day. Just because individuals forget that their gun is loaded at the end of the shift... they pull their gun out of the holster and pull the trigger. This explains a lot about their fokus and personal training to carry a gun.

3. When ever a contact is real. The police are always to late to prevent the initial assault. For the police to repsond there first have to be a contact/event....(someone need to break the Law). All police unites have fire arms in their car they are just not allowed to carry them.

4. We raised the question if it is suitable for the police to uphold our Laws being armed to the teeth. It sort of sends the wrong Message to the public.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The United States would be safer if we disarmed our LEOs as well. I am more afraid of cops than I am my neighbors. The problem with arming LEOs is that when all you have is a hammer...every problem looks like a nail.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta

Hahaha. If people only knew what you were referring to.....

I was not really referring to anything other than the other poster making a joking comment that ISIS tainted the Norwegian water supply.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66
Well you have much ground to stand on if they are doing office pops.

I would like to believe that guns going off without purpose everyday either has to be overstated or the guns are not being taken away fast enough.

edit on 14-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

police said on Friday (Nov 13).

Pretty sure they reconsider it now.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

No need for people to carry guns...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join