It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Migration Crisis thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

How about you tell them the truth about that Sweden hasnt been in a war for a long long time, "neutrality"

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

How about you tell them the truth about that Sweden hasnt been in a war for a long long time, "neutrality"
What relevance does that information have with the thread topic of immigration issues in the EU?
I'm beginning to think you do not wish to discuss the topic now, why is that?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Although I disagree with your appraisal of Europe - It is failing miserably in most countries and in most of the areas you mention... I think you make some good points which have been lacking.

Mass immigration does not suite our modern societies. We are on the receiving end of corporation, media and government working together. Our only hope is to turn against all three but as we have already been successfully divided before we are conquered we'll never be able to work together to do this.

I just don't feel these threads are in the spirit of ATS. I guess my replies weren't either.

The world however is always changing. ATS is too.

EDIT: The whole point in starting this post with reference to Europe's problems, particularly UK was to end it by mentioning the problems are influenced by immigration. Totally forgot that bit.
edit on 12-11-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Im moving as far away i can from humans, geeez.. Freedom of idiots

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

Im moving as far away i can from humans, geeez.. Freedom of idiots
Again, another completely irrelevant reply to the member you responded to.
Do you want a discussion here? Do you support the UK for not signing up to EU free borders say?
Come on, I'm interested in the topic, not your generic and off-topic views on humans.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Were there any comments on ATS when the immigration was happening in America from Mexico? I've heard lots of people mention it but I probably wasn't around at that time? What is the spirit of ATS? There are all sorts of forums to invite everyone to have discussions? By the way I've had disagreements with you before and I wasn't including you when I said I felt intimidated. If you can't see what may be intimidating on here then that is up to you? I've created many posts on the same issue because it is a changing situation every day as it unfolds, so what may be relevant one day, isn't the next. Such as the trouble in Calais for the past 3 nights. That doesn't happen every night, it appears to happen over several days and then calms down. It has gone for years. My main point is the police seem to be struggling to contain it and obviously over time the numbers are going to greater. Accusations have been thrown out on certain media that it is being fuelled by someone other than the migrants. Now that is the sort of thing ATS users are usually interested in isn't it? a reply to: and14263

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I remember the last time there was a mass migration to America. We killed everything and everyone here. We destroyed their culture and raped their women. Just putting that out there. It's happened before.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
...and in on-topic recent news: Sweden implements temporary border checks

UPDATED: Sweden reinstated temporary border controls in the south of the country on Thursday to cope with an increasing influx of refugees.

I am glad the UK did not sign up to the Schengen Agreement and unrestricted borders in the EU. We've remained fairly unscathed by the mass migration, and I don't envy my EU cousins on the mainland right now.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Not sure what you mean about the intimidating bit but...

Go for it, keep posting, I'll stay out of your threads, they're obviously not for me

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
First of all I am not a man! Secondly, I haven't posted threads about immigration throughout my time as a member. I have been a member for the past 12 months. I have started posting threads very recently because I have become concerned with news coming out of Europe. I had hoped to get the views of other people in these Countries. However, lots of threads end up being closed down or interrupted because discussions get too heated. I realise I have been posting lots of threads which is the reason why I suggested having just one thread where people in Europe can post. Everyone keeps saying everything is propaganda so I would have thought it would make more sense to have one thread to see if people's real accounts of what is happening start filtering through. The fact I have suggested this should make people happy if they think I post too many threads instead it seems to have really incensed some people. And in my opinion some people on here are being intimidating. Its fine too disagree with someone, I don't mind that, its good for people to disagree but usually out of that comes sort of truth and clarity. However, I do mind cryptic messages that have nothing to do with debate or disagreement or being told I have a private message waiting for me. That is intimidation and for someone already suffering with anxiety, it is quite scary but I don't believe that is just my anxiety problems, because I see other people seem to have found those comments slightly strange! I da reply to: woodwardjnr

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You are not alone in what you are saying.

I am all open for open honest debate on important issues.

However when the same member repeatedly creates the same threads spouting the same opinions as facts and creating an illusion that there is widespread fear then I start to question their motives.

You have to remember there are many people who don't register at this site but just read the posts as passers by. If I was looking through this site unaware of the situation I would get the impression that the site sees this topic as highest priority and thus create fear.

1 thread on this topic is enough and does not need a new one every time the op decides because there is a balanced argument it is being derailed.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't need to create massive fear, there are lots of people already feel like that with or without my threads. Surely it is healthier for people who do have fears to feel able to talk about them. Is that not what therapy is about? Are should people repress those fears because those fears don't fit into your view of the world.a reply to: liteonit6969

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join