It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Migration Crisis thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I hate that you have anxiety as it is literally terrible and can ruin your life.

If your concerns are genuine then I really am sorry if you feel I am adding to this anxiety. But I want to assure you this problem is not what it is being portrayed in the main media channels.

You are right the world is in a mess and there are huge numbers of people being moved into Europe like sheep.

But I feel it is not these people you need fear.

It is those who are behind this manipulated shepherding of people. There is a big reason for why they want this and I'm sure we will piece it together.

If you feel this fearful I suggest maybe starting or enquiring about a neighbourhood watch. You may feel safer in numbers with like minded people. Also you will feel your area is more secure from any problems.

If you want to talk about anything pm me. I have dealt with anxiety and depression in my life and understand it can be consuming. Even if it is to talk about tiny things just pm and we can talk it over.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
For all the OP bashers, and those too lazy to read the linked article:

Latest update : 2015-11-11

Clashes erupted between police and migrants of a makeshift camp near the northern French port of Calais overnight Tuesday as police bolstered security in response to a third consecutive night of unrest.

Riot police used teargas and watercannon to end an hour-long standoff with the migrants, who started by throwing objects and insults at officers before lighting a wooden pallet on fire.

"Two-hundred-and-fifty police officers, of which the majority were CRS (riot police), were mobilised Tuesday" to end the disturbances around the migrant camp, dubbed the "jungle" in France, said interior ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet.

The makeshift camp dubbed the "jungle" has been the scene of growing unrest in recent weeks as thousands remain in wait for the opportunity to smuggle themselves across the Channel into Britain.

Local government official Fabienne Buccio said that in a "new phenomenon" the residents living near the camp, dubbed the "Jungle", had witnessed the violence and experienced theft and other damage.

"We are going to deploy security forces so they are visible to the local community," said Buccio.

"There have not been physical confrontations but the migrants have often entered the property of community members to get objects to block trucks on the ring-road."

Buccio speculated that the rise in violence was due to the migrants' frustration at being blocked from reaching Britain, their ultimate goal.

The migrant population in Calais doubled between June and August as Europe struggles with its worst refugee crisis since World War II.

Now, if this wasn't an issue, why are major news outlets posting the information for interested parties to access? Obviously, it's important to some people. Drawing attention to a SITUATION is not xenophobic. It's called awareness, keeping up on current events, getting a clue..... Even if it isn't happening ATM in your neck of the woods , you WILL feel the effects of these refugee migrations. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon enough.

(post by liteonit6969 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

So are you saying that we in the UK should expect to have rioting immigrants anytime soon? or possibly later?
I mean they are apparently entitled to so much & more here in the UK/
What more could they want?
Can't see iy myself.
Just more hate from a minority I think.
edit on 12-11-2015 by supamoto because: b

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Drawing attention to a SITUATION is not xenophobic. It's called awareness, keeping up on current events, getting a clue..... Even if it isn't happening ATM in your neck of the woods , you WILL feel the effects of these refugee migrations. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon enough.
Agreed, and the UK is currently only clinging on to our border because it never signed up to the free EU borders agreement.
Those rioting in Calais would certainly have been over here in vast numbers if the UK did not have control of the border on the French side.

There are those on ATS who say lower the borders, expecially those from mainland Europe, but I support the UK government retaining it's control, and only letting in those who follow official means.
The people are in a safe nation now, France, yet refuse to register there, possibly because they overwhelmingly speak English as a second language.
Let them register and apply for consideration, but storming the ferry ports and Channel Tunnel? Nope, stay as France's problem thanks very much.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327
I remember the last time there was a mass migration to America. We killed everything and everyone here. We destroyed their culture and raped their women. Just putting that out there. It's happened before.

That was the Europeans, "WE" didn't kill anyone.
edit on 12-11-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
refugee camp in Calais FR. Judge orders local authorities to...provide more amenities?
www.express.co.uk...

***There are currently some 6,000 refugees sleeping rough in the Pas de Calais area as they wait for their chance to get to Britain, where they will claim asylum or disappear into the black economy. Last week the French government was ordered to improve conditions in 'The Jungle', where the majority of them are staying.

Judges in Lille ruled that its current state was not good enough, and thousand of pounds worth of work was needed. This has increased fears that the camp is becoming institutionalised, and so becoming a magnet for vastly increased numbers from all over the world.***

judges sitting safely in gated community order Calais to make things better for the rioting migrants despite warnings that such action would attract more migrants. Idiots. It would be interesting to take a truckload of these guys and dump them on this judges' front lawn. "Company!"
edit on 12-11-2015 by works4dhs because: helpful clarification

edit on 12-11-2015 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: WhiteHat if you look at the ops profile, you will see they have posted a thread on immigration nearly everyday of being a member here. There has been no attempt to shut them up whatsoever. If the guy has anxiety issues, maybe not scouring the Internet for immigration news may actually help aliviate the anxiety. Just a suggestion. People can pretty much say what they like here, just don't expect everyone to agree with you. ATS has never been about creating consensus, but about debate. If people only want to hear what they believe ATS probably isn't the best place to spend your time.

Ahh the irony..

Mass influx of something you don't like, and here everyone is calling of it to be shut down, closed, rid of. And you hate the OP so much you're trawling their posting history to justify your abuse.

What is it the OP is worried about again?

Mass influx of something, changing the nature of the country they live in, for the worse?

at least I know who to engage with in conversation on here, given the obnoxious replies I've seen from some members. And one guy I will simply ignore for having not one ounce of credibility or logic behind his posts...

fracking rainbows...

It's OK people. Go look at the NEW posts.. there bound to be a dozen or more short stories posted that have zero to do with any sort of problems the world is facing, and perhaps some religious love ins. Don't worry about something happening right now, in countries far away from you... and even if you're one of those in EU that seems to know every refugee and has a drink with them while you're at the pub on friday arvo, you too can mock the OP.. nothing to discuss or think about. Go back to your monkeys and false sense of security.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
a reply to: WhiteHat

Im moving as far away i can from humans, geeez.. Freedom of idiots

Please find a small island for yourself. Wait a little bit and soon you'll be forced to move again. But that's nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

wow, just wow..

I think the OP needs to realize who offers a friendly hand, and who the real enemy truly is...
They say they will defend you, keep you safe, and everything else.. What they arent saying, they will rather implode the nation and let people die in hordes.. They will rather have a civil war, then to let anyone in...

Did you forget that message to the OP? Yeah thought so.. Color that rainbow will ya

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Lets expose a bit of the truth with your scenario.. Could be a lot of fun for everyone to see how you people actually work.. Lets take away the freedom, and offer them two scenarios of reality.. And see which one they take..

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
They say they will defend you, keep you safe, and everything else.. What they arent saying, they will rather implode the nation and let people die in hordes.. They will rather have a civil war, then to let anyone in...
Again, more vague generalisations saying absolutely nothing of substance. What do you even mean by that exactly, and how is it related to on-topic discussions in this thread?
Please explain, I do not understand your specific message.

...and someone gave you a star for that lol

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

(post by supamoto removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

Cool, start campaigning to the government to change it's immigration/refugees policy, maybe you'll get what you wish for.
Me, I'm happy with the control the Border Force is managing to hold on to in the lawful way it currently is. Notice I said lawful, there is nothing the EU can do to force the UK to open the doors, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
Unlucky.

...and I'm self-employed, paying taxes, receiving no benefits.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join