It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complaints about atheists.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Ladybug201

So? So am I. Am I god too?

Decide for yourself. Why would you want to be convinced you are what I tell you?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

That's short through the bend in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: Ladybug201
a reply to: windword

God's a spirit.

Could you describe or explain what a 'spirit' is?

You may as well have said 'gods a flangulbez' as it makes as much sense....

One can only know by own experience.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: scorpio84

How do you know God is a man? After all, Jesus is God's only begotten son - so wouldn't pregnancy be more of a woman's thing?

Seriously though, if you aren't going to even tell us what you mean by "god," then you aren't making any sense.

I never said here god is a man. I claimed he is a spirit. Then the question was raised what a spirit is, and to that I replied you can only know by own experience. That way I'm not only honest, but.....

but...

I am also not pushing my belief on you, isn't it sir, even though you asked for me to do so.

edit on 14-11-2015 by Ladybug201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If logic isn't going to be used, it is not an argument worth having.

Don't argue, then. That's your choice.

Theists have the burden of proof, since they claim "God exists."

The only claim I'm putting forward is "I trust that God exists". I also offer the Biblical evidence as reasons for my trust, while acknowledging that it falls short of conclusive proof. If I did have conclusive proof, then I would have no need to exercise trust.

Do you mean the atheist needs to trust in God? You must have forgotten your atheist past if you think that will happen.

But that's exactly what did happen in my own case. Of course I ceased to be an atheist in doing so. I mean that an atheist is not going to cease being an atheist unless he is prepared to exercise a little trust.

Disbelief does not come from distrust - it comes from a lack of convincing evidence.... Disbelief comes from ... finding out that the ENTIRE book is a bunch of garbage.

What you are saying here is that you don't trust it.
I don't understand why you should express your lack of trust so passionately, and then quarrel with the idea that "trust" is involved in the matter.

edit on 14-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Decide for yourself. Why would you want to be convinced you are what I tell you?

I don't. I'm not looking for a definition of god for myself. I'm looking for yours, so that I can see if I agree that your god exists, or not, as per the OP.

So far, you have't provided any definition other that god is a spirit. So, I ask you, are all spirits gods?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I don't. I'm not looking for a definition of god for myself. I'm looking for yours, so that I can see if I agree that your god exists, or not, as per the OP.

So far, you have't provided any definition other that god is a spirit. So, I ask you, are all spirits gods?

No, there is only one.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

No, there is only one.

Why? How do you know? Are all spirits one god?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

That or the theist stops spitting in the face of observable reality and admits that while there COULD be a god, the likelihood of his/her god is just as probable as unicorns dancing on a faraway planet's rainbow. Then again, infinite universes...

The reality you refer to stays the same with or without god.

Yeah, see that's the thing about claims. You have to actually prove them otherwise they are what people often call BS. Theists have the burden of proof, since they claim "God exists." Atheists don't claim "God doesn't exist," but rather "I don't believe you" or "prove it." So if no conclusive proof is available, then it is a hoax.

I don't care they don't believe me, and what is proof if the one asking for it is to blind to see?

If you can't understand a simple question, I can't help you much - but I'll try again. Do you mean the atheist needs to trust in God? You must have forgotten your atheist past if you think that will happen.

Saying that you contradict what you have always been saying.

Disbelief does not come from distrust - it comes from a lack of convincing evidence. Not everyone will take it on face value that there is some Decider that chooses whether or not we burn in Hell for all eternity. Disbelief comes from seeing people of faith say "here, read this book - it has all you need to know" - then finding out that the ENTIRE book is a bunch of garbage.

Disbelief is what makes the book looks like garbage. There's no cure for disbelief.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

No, there are many spirits, just one is god.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Why? How do you know?

Does that mean that you worship one spirit, of many, that you call god?

edit on 14-11-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Don't argue, then. That's your choice.

Dismissive...I see you've learned to debate like them as well.

I don't think you read this the first time around: Theists have the burden of proof, since they claim "God exists."

I didn't ask how much you claimed. I made a statement. Either you agree or disagree with it.

I mean that an atheist is not going to cease being an atheist unless he is prepared to exercise a little trust.

If someone told you that you would have great fortune for the rest of your life if you chopped off your index finger, would you do it? If you say no, then what makes you trust the person who told you to do that less than some ancient middle eastern scribes?

What you are saying here is that you don't trust it.
I don't understand why you should express your lack of trust so passionately, and then quarrel with the idea that "trust" is involved in the matter.

Why do you keep confusing "distrust" with "disbelief?" I wouldn't say that I distrust Santa Clause. I don't believe in Santa Clause (anymore at least). Actually - as an aside, that's a pretty good analogy. Santa is often used to teach kids about God - but kids grow older and realize Santa, like God, doesn't exist.

I think you are wondering why I'm debating this at all - so I'll tell you. I believe that theists and atheists, science and religion, philosophy and psychology...everything is aiming for the same goal. Perhaps if we could ever get our arguments straight and coherent, we could all meet that goal. What that goal is, I couldn't tell you - unification of humanity, maybe?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Why? How do you know?

I only call him god cause he is god.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Page 16.

Still waiting for a response to my very first post to you...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Enjoy the waiting.

You deny the existence of believers. Nothing more to say about it really.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I didn't ask how much you claimed. I made a statement. Either you agree or disagree with it.

I'm going to be dismissive again. I have no interest in agreeing with it or disagreeing with it.
As far as I'm concerned, theology is about the unprovable, by definition.
So I'm not going to get into the business of trying to prove things, apart from using Biblical evidence to define Biblical teaching.

If you say no, then what makes you trust the person who told you to do that less than some ancient middle eastern scribes?

No answer is available. I just do. You're going to have to trust me on that.

Why do you keep confusing "distrust" with "disbelief?"

My point is that disbelief is the product of distrust, if only distrust in the reasons being offered for belief.

I believe that theists and atheists, science and religion, philosophy and psychology...everything is aiming for the same goal.

Many of these viewpoints are contradictory and therefore incompatible. Sooner or later, choices have to be made.
The choice that I have made offers a goal of its own.
edit on 14-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Your representation of Christianity is just grand. A wonderful display. Well done.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Your representation of Christianity is just grand. A wonderful display. Well done.

I just know it's not my fault it dissapoints.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Why? How do you know?

I only call him god cause he is god.

Why? What is a god? What makes this spirit, the one you choose to call god, more worthy than any other spirit to be called god?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Why? What is a god? What makes this spirit, the one you choose to call god, more worthy than any other spirit to be called god?

It's above everything.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join