It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Project Preserve Destiny"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The USAF used to have a program that explored whether or not pilots could steer jets with their minds only. The experiments involved attaching a bunch of sensors to a pilot/subject's head and seeing if he could, using electrical signals in his brain alone, move a bar or circle across a computer screen.

Now, I never gave the Project Preserve Destiny story too much credit (it always seemed to Lear-esque) until I saw some footage of these USAF experiments on a PBS documentary.... In the book (which I believe is called "above top secret"), the USAF airmen who are trained to communicate with the aliens first must pass a course where they have to move bars and circles across a computer screen, with their brains only. When I saw the doc footage for the first time, I couldn't believe how close it was to the description provided of the Preserve Destiny training.

Spin-off project? Who knows.

Jim

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i have the book and i have to say.....it just sounds real. i don't know how to explain it, but it just has the ring of truth to it. although his claims are extraordinary, it doesn't read like he's embellishing....it just seems like he's relating his experiences, nothing more nothing less.

i would highly recommend it to anyone that's interested in this subject matter.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I just read the e-book and it was pretty amazing stuff. Some of his training sounds similar to stuff I've kind of intuitively been doing myself for years...eerie. It really does have the 'ring' of truth to it...but little details to follow up on. I especially liked the "onion" analogy to compartmentalization.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah..

The 'onion' discussion, plus all the training stuff, seems very, very authentic... 'authentic' in the sense that a hoaxer couldn't have thought them up from scratch.

Still, all the 'alien' parts in the book seemed pretty rushed. My thinking is that he wasn't at the 'center' of the onion.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Yeah..

The 'onion' discussion, plus all the training stuff, seems very, very authentic... 'authentic' in the sense that a hoaxer couldn't have thought them up from scratch.

it seems that if someone were to fabricate a story of this nature, they would have made it far more "fantastic". about the onion, i totally agree. it just "makes sense". makes you look at all these black projects that we hear so much about. information on these projects gets "leaked" and certainly whets our appetites...but we're not actually getting the goods!

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I especially liked the "onion" analogy to compartmentalization.

he he he....I liked that part : " THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!!!! It's simply a way to make
some extra cash by reading a good book then telling others about it. "

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   

My thinking is that he wasn't at the 'center' of the onion.

No doubt about it....even his commanders weren't. They suspected other alien projects, but they did not know of them. He may think he was pretty high up in the level (catch the reference he made to Lazar, though un-named?)...but personally, from his duties and responsibilities, I'd put him a little further from the center of the onion as well. BTW: Reading the E-book is free (at the link previously provided), for anybody with the time....

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
about this Project, lie with the name of the project. Just what "destiny" are we looking to "preserve"? Not even the author seems to know. His only inference was that at some time in the future, all communications on Earth my become impossible (how???) It almost seems to support the "aliens are us from the future" theory, or it could mean that the aliens somehow "know" the future, or possibly, THEY are the ones who will bring about this communication disruption. Man, sometimes I hate reading between the lines, as I don't like what I end up seeing....

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
links are damaged

edit: the links inside the link of course.

[Edited on 17-6-2003 by typlonet]

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So far as the name for the project goes, I didn't read any time travel issues into it. My impression was that "Preserve Destiny" meant that the goal of the project was to preserve the future of the human race. 'Destiny', in this case, is being used in the same way it is in the phrase 'manifest destiny'.

So far as the project, itself, goes, the creation of humans who could communicate with aliens was one of its main features... this 'advancement' may be what 'destiny' is referring to, also...

...though it did sound like that was all just a supporting element of the bigger goal, which seemed to be preparation for the massive electronics failure you mentioned.... Speaking of that, wouldn't a massive solar flare or a nuclear war make 'electromagnetic communication' impossible?

If this is just a cash ploy, the writer did his homework. Notice how the whole abduction 'record keeping' done by the aliens dovetails in with the rumor that we allow abductions, so long as the government is informed of them?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
So far as the name for the project goes, I didn't read any time travel issues into it. My impression was that "Preserve Destiny" meant that the goal of the project was to preserve the future of the human race. 'Destiny', in this case, is being used in the same way it is in the phrase 'manifest destiny'.

So far as the project, itself, goes, the creation of humans who could communicate with aliens was one of its main features... this 'advancement' may be what 'destiny' is referring to, also...

...though it did sound like that was all just a supporting element of the bigger goal, which seemed to be preparation for the massive electronics failure you mentioned.... Speaking of that, wouldn't a massive solar flare or a nuclear war make 'electromagnetic communication' impossible?

If this is just a cash ploy, the writer did his homework. Notice how the whole abduction 'record keeping' done by the aliens dovetails in with the rumor that we allow abductions, so long as the government is informed of them?

You reminded me of John Titor because of nuclear warheads and something I just read from a site I 'stumbled' upon that made me find what I thought I had read before.

www.johntitor.com... - - Posts by date/-Dec 2000/ scroll down to Dec 13 2000 12:44/ You'll find this: "Does anything happen in the year 2012? I've heard stories about the world ending.

In my 2012, I was 14 years old spending most of my time living, running and hiding in the woods and rivers of central Florida. The civil war was in its 7th year and the world war was three years away. Yes, there are unusual events in 2012 but they do not cause the world to end. Unfortunately, I have decided not to discuss events that you or I can do anything about. It is important that they be a surprise. Perhaps you are familiar with the story of the Red Sea and the Egyptians?"

www.steelypips.org...

On the same page, of the link directly above, scroll down: "Project Preserve Destiny", which goes back to before 1960 and which is concerned with efforts to prepare at least some segments of the human population for the cataclysms expected in the 2012 time-frame."

Having read the Red Sea and the Egyptians made me think of Moses after all this entered my mind, naturally.

Exod 34:29: "And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him. And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him."

Radiation from vehicles causing him to appear pale? Same alien race? Makes me think of 'Anunnaki.' Word.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Ciaofi]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think I'm having a stupid day, I looked for the e-book you said it was free and FREE is good but I couldn't locate it.

Any help would be appreciated, be kind I'm old now, lol.

new topics

top topics

join