It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mizzou Demonstrators Segregate White Allies to Form ‘Black Only Healing Space’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"Here's what I fundamentally believe: We aren't going to end racism (or contain it which is about the best I hope for) by denying racism IN ANY WAY."

You're absolutely correct, there can't be an end to racism by starting from the position that it doesn't exist. It does exist; its a cancer that has metastasized throughout the entire US society. And containment is possible if members of different races can agree to leave one another alone and to live in peace. Unfortunately for the US, there's at least one minority group that refuses to "live and let live"; they feel compelled to rise up and get into the "others" face as often as possible. That isn't a policy that's going to lead to containment of racism! And it certainly won't "end" racism in the US.

For "white" America, none of this is a real problem.......they aren't black and largely don't care. They just want to be left alone to live their cheesy lives on Facebook. However, and its a big, big, however......it is a big problem for the US economy.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Perhaps we agree; going overboard in any direction is not solving any problems.

agreement is an understatement.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
a reply to: hammanderr

The same goes for Native Americans, the destruction and colonization was not for the best and made our lives worse many times over. Life was great before the so-called intervention and sure it had it's bad but generally was great.

Well, also speaking as an Indian I like the quality of living I have. I like the infrastructure I get to use and maintain my life style with. I like technology, I like having a job....

In short I very much like what I have now, and am glad I DON'T live the old nomadic lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Biting the hand that feeds you, some day they may really need support from their white associates, but they won't be there.

The problem is that is the logical reaction, but we are not dealing with logic or rationality.

I suspect they will lose a few 'allies,' but many will justify it as we see on this message board and all over the net. Beyond that, any criticism will also feed into this cycle as well. Its all designed to result in mass delusion and preventing a united culture/society at all costs.

And it will work.

link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Sounds like a micro-aggression, I was taught it BEGAN IN AFRICA so scoot over and make way in the healing space.

link   
No, the "LGBT experience" is not equivalent to Borderline Personality Disorder or any other mental illness, personality disorder or disease.

EDITED FOR CONTENT
edit on 11Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:42:59 -060015p1120151166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I agree with you completely until your fourth sentence.

We run into problems when we speak in absolutes. It is my contention that speaking in absolutes is the bastion of extremism (at least most of the time).

There is not "one minority group" that does one thing universally; to make that claim, if the minority is racial, is quite simply racist.

There are Black racists in the US, and White racists, and Asian racists, and Native American racists and Pacific Islander racists and Latino racists, etc. etc., and there are members of all those groups (the majority of each, I would argue) that are not racist or (more accurately) contain whatever racist thoughts and feelings they have in favor of racial equality.

We have to stop speaking and thinking in absolutes. In my opinion.
edit on 11Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:34:53 -060015p1120151166 by Gryphon66 because: Keeping myself from speaking in absolutes when I'm complaining about speaking in absolutes.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Heh, you mean Alex Jones Syndrome ?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Did you see that one white teacher protesting right along with them, trying to find muscle to get rid of a school news staff member? One of her subjects she teaches from is 50 shades of grey and other like books. Who the hell is this woman and how did she ever get into a college to teach, it is sad and sickening.

Thanks for the reply since it seems I get slam when I post reality. To be honest I'm in a mixed marriage, my two sons are 1/2 white and if they got involved in something like this their mother would go there and wipe they asses. College today is really bad, they crap they pump into kids is sicking. My kids know they got it good and they know that many kids got it bad, and they understand it all.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
For whatever it's worth, I'd like to give my two cents on this issue and I'm sure many of you are not going to like it.

From my perspective, these kids are completely misguided. They should be setting the example by asking all people to join together for a good cause. But they don't seem to be doing that. They are perpetuating the idea that it is ok for the "oppressed" to be openly racist, but not anyone else. That does nothing to bring us together and gives no credibility to those that engage in such behavior.

Also, I haven't seen anyone mention or even suggest that this is a case of us, as a society, getting what we deserve. Is this a monster of our own creation? Many, if not most, of us are quick to expose racist cases like this and to denounce them, but we often forget that we turned a blind eye to the systemic racism against black people. We said that black "thugs" deserved what they got in their interactions with Law Enforcement, even when it appeared that they may have been targeted because of their race.

I think we need to ask ourselves that question. Is this the effect of the pendulum swinging back the other way after years and years of racism directed towards blacks?

Now we need to address the hypocrisy issue. I see many people that have commented on this thread, saying that this is wrong and against the freedom of the press for them to push the media out, yet these are the same people that say black "thugs" get what they deserve, turn a blind eye to systemic racism and targeting by law enforcement, and have no problem with rights being violated and the constitution being trampled when it fits their agenda. Just look at the thread discussing Trump's plan to create a new "force" of storm troopers to deal with immigration.

I find it very hypocritical for some of you to say the things you say in this thread, yet in others we can see that you do not care about what is right or wrong as unless the goal coincides with your beliefs.

And for those of you that say "if this was a white person doing this...", etc, you're not helping one bit. In fact, you're perpetuating the same mindset and false narratives that drives these dumb kids to do what they are doing.

So I find it sad that these kids would be so arrogant and non-inclusive after they achieved what they believe to be a victory, and it's even sadder that the hypocrites come out of the woodwork to point fingers and blame, yet have no sense of self-respect to recognize that they are part of the problem as well.

edit on 12-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yep, that's what I was saying.

You said it better.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
www.theblaze.com...

Student protesters at the University of Missouri asked white supporters to leave Wednesday night in order to create a “black only healing space.”

Steve Schmidt, an activist who was at the protest, tweeted that Concerned Student 1950 group were “asking white allies to leave.”

I'm not at all surprised by this. Racism in this country is talked about strictly as a white problem and so these people grow up with a lot of hate and anger towards one group based on their skin color, while at the same time being taught there is nothing wrong with their racist hatred. Self hating white liberals have made it even worse by promoting and encouraging this behavior. Our media is no better. I can guarantee all of you that nobody in the media will call this what it is, racism. They wont even report on the fake racial incidents that were perpetrated by black students! This whole thing at Mizzou and other universities is based on nothing more than a hatred of whites. I predict this will continue, spread and get a lot worse.

These people seem to want to go back to busses and other public places with signs "for whites only" "for blacks only".

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: abe froman

People that want to end racism would say " everyone come, let's heal together."

^^^THIS^^^

The latest example I can think of is how Charleston, SC dealt with the issue of racism after the church shooting. I had friends there of different races and the atmosphere was "electric" with unity and peaceful vibes, according to them.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have said this with these kind of people hearts and souls.Give them a Hitler like leader and they would gladly mass murder and bow down to Him.How sick and hateful they have become inside their souls.
Very dangerous movement of hateful people.

They are no better than the KKK.
edit on 12-11-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Ksihkehe

These black students don't have the legal authority to 'segregate' and they aren't asking for that authority. They are simply asking the white people that want to help to respect a space they are trying to use to address a racial issue they feel they are faced with. White people who want to help ought to have no problem understanding this. White people who want to only criticize shouldn't be offended they asked for space, you weren't ever going to stand with them in the first place.

It is saying "we are here to protest racism and segregation by segregating ourselves by race". Doesnt make a damn bit of sense.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The Student body president who made the false 'KKK on campus' claim...has alledgedly worked for Rahm Emanuel and met with Barack Obama.

So I ask the question: Could this protest have been encouraged, manipulated and/or exacerbated by outside political forces for partisan political purpose?

Perhaps, to manufacture the appearance of a campus racial crisis in order to increase millenial and black voter turn out before the 2016 election?

MISSOURI STUDENT BODY PREZ PAYTON HEAD LINKED TO OBAMA

The University of Missouri’s student body president, Payton Head, is apologizing “for scaring everybody with false KKK on campus rumor.”

It was a rough night on the campus of the University of Missouri, thanks in large part to Student Body President Payton Head. Head posted on Facebook earlier in the night that the KKK was confirmed on campus and that he was working with “the MUPD, the state trooper and the National Guard.”

The only problem with that terrifying statement is it wasn’t true and Head was forced to delete the post and apologize:

Given Head’s central role in recent protests at Mizzou, some may not be surprised to find a connection between Head, from an upper middle class Chicago neighborhood, and the nation’s community organizer in chief, Barack Obama. Per his Facebook page, the two met in July, 2011 when Head visited the White House.

There are also as yet unconfirmed Internet reports that Head interned for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

Payton Head came from an upper middle class black family in Cook county. He was at the core of the debate over racial tensions. He wrote a long and vivid story on his experience at MU, and posted it on Facebook. Despite being only 7% of the student population, the student council is overwhelmingly (100%) black.

Who is Payton Head? Payton head was an honor student from Chicago. He is openly gay, and calls himself a Christian. He is well traveled. Within one year of his senior graduation from high school, Head traveled to Europe. He met Barack Obama. www.facebook...…35072167&type=3 When he got to MU, he was selected to be a guide. Not many get that privilege. He resigned that position, and spent the summer in Chicago working on behalf of Rahm Emanuel. Here is a link showing Head being hugged by coldfish Emanuel. Although he is a third year student, Payton Head is still undeclared, but he is very interested in Social Justice. He has helped with seminars in Columbia, and elsewhere on Social Justice. In these seminars they talk about gender inequities, racial discrimination, same sex relationships, and the whole spectrum of sexual deviancy.

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 12-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Racist and feeble minded,

I thought this was a board for intellectuals!?!?

Anyway, all this has accomplished is the rehashing of a battle older than any theory itself. If you are not apart of the problem it is easy to see. But while deep down you are not intelligent enough to relize life is about content of character and not content of color you will be for ever sleep and stuck in this chaos. Maybe never to understand order. Sad but peace be with you.

Peace be with humanity smh.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

if i were a political operative seeking to cause mass conflict, doing a student led uprising just a couple miles from Ferguson would be the place.

On the other hand....were i a student living near Ferguson, the goings on there may have primed my psyche to create this kind of response.

Either way....proximity and psychology are what makes me so cynical.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

To add to your post, Melissa Click has had assault charges brought up against her with the campus police and has been relieved of her position. The other faculty member has been put on leave.

Source

Effective Nov. 11, 2015, Janna Basler has been placed on administrative leave and relieved of her duties as Director of Greek Life while we conduct an investigation regarding her recent actions

This is the chic who was assaulting the camera man.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The guy was trying to make his own story through confrontation...

I don't think a reporter who jumps out in front of a march or protest and sticks his camera in peoples faces shouting don't push me, I am not moving is really reporting as much as trying top make his own story.

...You can even see all the other reporters just a few feet behind him filming and taking picks without a problem..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join