It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mizzou Demonstrators Segregate White Allies to Form ‘Black Only Healing Space’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
www.theblaze.com...

Student protesters at the University of Missouri asked white supporters to leave Wednesday night in order to create a “black only healing space.”

Steve Schmidt, an activist who was at the protest, tweeted that Concerned Student 1950 group were “asking white allies to leave.”

I'm not at all surprised by this. Racism in this country is talked about strictly as a white problem and so these people grow up with a lot of hate and anger towards one group based on their skin color, while at the same time being taught there is nothing wrong with their racist hatred. Self hating white liberals have made it even worse by promoting and encouraging this behavior. Our media is no better. I can guarantee all of you that nobody in the media will call this what it is, racism. They wont even report on the fake racial incidents that were perpetrated by black students! This whole thing at Mizzou and other universities is based on nothing more than a hatred of whites. I predict this will continue, spread and get a lot worse.
edit on 11-11-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

+43 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It's the universities that have more or less caused this with their promotion of critical race theory, PC, and other such ideologies, and the best part is (If you can call it that), that the little darlings who have been marinated in this stuff are now starting to bite the hands that have fed them every step of the way.

And the faculty and administrators who believed they were making things better and safe and happy for everyone are sincerely and stupidly puzzled by what they have created.

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Another great example here. She outright says that students want teachers and counselors "who look like us". What this means is they don't want white people teaching or counseling them. Wake up folks, these people are one step away from being the KKK.

www.theblaze.com... ing-honesty/

The University of Missouri’s student body vice president did not mince words when she used an appearance on MSNBC Wednesday to say journalists who claim to be exercising their First Amendment rights while reporting on the Mizzou protests are actually creating a “hostile” and “unsafe” environment.

Brenda Smith-Lezama, vice president of the Missouri Students Association, advocated for more “safe spaces” on campus to provide a place for “healing” for students.

All this talk of "safe spaces" is nothing more than a spun version of saying they want to be separate from the white people.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Check out this video.

Students form a perimeter around the #ConcernedStudent1950 tent village and ask media to leave. This is what civic-level censorship looks like at a university with the largest and oldest public college for journalism.

Tim Tai, a student photographer on freelance assignment for ESPN, was trying to take photos of a small tent city that protesters had created on a campus quad. Concerned Student 1950, an activist group that formed to push for increased awareness and action around racial issues on campus, did not want reporters near the encampment.

Protesters blocked Mr. Tai’s view and argued with him, eventually pushing him away. At one point, they chanted, “Hey hey, ho ho, reporters have got to go.”

“I am documenting this for a national news organization,” Mr. Tai told the protesters, adding that “the First Amendment protects your right to be here and mine.”

As the video nears its end, the person taking the video, Mark Schierbecker, emerged from the scrum and approached a woman, later identified as an assistant professor of mass media, Melissa Click, close to the tents. When he revealed that he was a journalist, Ms. Click appeared to grab at his camera.

She then yelled, “Who wants to help me get this reporter out of here? I need some muscle over here.”

At another point in the video, Mr. Tai was also challenged by a university employee. Janna Basler, the director of Greek life and leadership on campus, approached Mr. Tai and, spreading her arms out, demanded that he “back off.”

Nytimes
It is only freedom of the press and first amendment rights when it supports their agenda.

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This must be the gazillionth time I've written this...

You want to end Racism (real or perceived).... LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

From Mommy & Me to Nursery School and now in Pre-K my kid has been in a very "diverse" class. The kids DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT RACE. Yes, they understand that some people have different skin tones and some people are tall or short and some people are skinny or fat....

The truth of the matter is:
If you think that Race-X has been underserved and now you want to over-serve them... you are a racist.
If you think that anyone in the developed world can't make it on their own, with their own intellect, with their own effort... you are a racist.

edit on 11-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: just bolded the same word twice for effect

edit on 11-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Don't do this. If they feel they need private space and personal time, it's nobody's business but their own.
Let them have it in peace.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

From Mommy & Me to Nursery School and now in Pre-K my kid has been in a very "diverse" class. The kids DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT RACE. Yes, they understand that some people have different skin tones and some people are tall or short and some people are skinny or fat....

Dont you worry, the education system will take care of that!

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Don't do this. If they feel they need private space and personal time, it's nobody's business but their own.

Couldn't one have said the same thing during the segregation period? What if white students want "safe spaces" from black people? Will it simply be a matter of their own personal time in peace?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Dont you worry, the education system will take care of that!
From literally the moment I found out my wife was pregnant (by way of a text that is another story on to itself)... I started making sure he would be in private school.

Only Pre-K and I'm very happy with it. (KNOCK ON WOOD). Here's to hoping for the best (clinking of glasses).

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Healing from what?
This is a farce.
I've said it before, but we are headed back to segregation.
edit on 11/11/2015 by IridiumFlareMadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Please define "They"

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

History repeats itself...

Alabama 1950:
If they feel they need private drinking fountains, it's nobody's business but their own.

digitaldeconstruction.com...

edit on 11-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: image added

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

This must be the gazillionth time I've written this...

You want to end Racism (real or perceived).... LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

The truth of the matter is:
If you think that Race-X has been underserved and now you want to over-serve them... you are a racist.
If you think that anyone in the developed world can't make it on their own, with their own intellect, with their own effort... you are a racist.

These people want to revive racism.

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Next they're going to ask for all white protesters ATM cards and car keys while they're leaving. Bar them from an area, then bar them from owning things, then maybe their next demand can be no more voting rights for white students. This is a really good look at what our country has done through allowing 'poor me' to be a valid personal belief worthy of respect and admiration.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

They want private space and personal time out side on public property. They could have private soace in an auditorium or a gym with doors closed.

I think this school has failed to teach the constitution. I also think this sets a terrible precedent and if there can be free speech zones then there need to be designated safe space zones for these crybullies.
edit on 11-11-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You do realize everyone of them is there on a full scholarship and I would bet everyone of them come from a middle to up class black family. You would not find any one pulled out of a ghetto. Those in Ghettos are lucky to even finish HS, will most likely die by 25 years old killed by another black person. They use the N word a 1000 times a day and will never see a job. Blacks that go to these types of collages understand very little of what it is to be black in 100s of other place.

Did you see that one white teacher protesting right along with them, trying to find muscle to get rid of a school news staff member? One of her subjects she teaches from is 50 shades of grey and other like books. Who the hell is this woman and how did she ever get into a college to teach, it is sad and sickening.

edit on 11-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
www.foxsports.com...

This was very informative. This tells me there certainly was a planned agenda here and honestly I don't see these teeny boppers intelligent enough to understand the repercussions of these actions more than just an immediate goal.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

This is just too crazy.

Tomorrow I'm going to a BLM rally for whites only!

The rest of the group asked us all not to attend, so we're just gonna do our own thing.

I love progress.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Please define "They"

The students who have asked for privacy.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

History repeats itself...

Alabama 1950:
If they feel they need private drinking fountains, it's nobody's business but their own.

digitaldeconstruction.com...

I don't understand. This is entirely different.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join