It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mizzou Demonstrators Segregate White Allies to Form ‘Black Only Healing Space’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Apparently, segregation is now also happening in High Schools:

BLACK-ONLY MEETING OF KLEIN STUDENTS STIRS SEGREGATION CONCERNS

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's a racial controversy over a planned meeting at a Houston high school.

Klein Oak High School is expected to host a meeting and apparently only black students have been invited.

It is being called a unity rally, but in this case, it means only African-American students were invited and only African-American students would be in attendance, according to district officials.

The idea is reportedly a collaboration between black students and administrators at Klein Oak High School.

When asked why only black students are being allowed to attend the meeting, school officials say they wanted those students to feel comfortable to attend.

The meeting is scheduled to happen during second period today.

One parent of a African-American student says she is not happy about the meeting in the least, and the students themselves are wondering why they are being singled out for their race.

The parent who spoke with abc13 says she wants to know how this is supposed to make students feel free, and is worried the district is trying to begin a new form of segregation.

abc13.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Were white students in Missouri to have done this with black people in the 60's, the federal government would have had to send in troops.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Everything is relative. You have these black kids who are lucky enough to be in the financial position and had the proper schooling to attend MU bitching about their treatment. I bet poor, black kids who receive below standard education in inner city public schools and will never have the chance to attend college and improve their life would view racism differently than these self-described persecuted blacks.
edit on 11jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You guys should call the pc brigade, with all the outrage going on in here lol.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Don't do this. If they feel they need private space and personal time, it's nobody's business but their own.
Let them have it in peace.

um, as long as it involves somebody telling me to GTFO of a public place that's mine as well as theirs......uh, no, it doesn't work.

You really don't get this ?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TheBulk

Nope, those students have to pack their bags and go home. Haven't you heard the calls to local media and some to national talk radio?

White students are getting threats of violence because of their white privilege, so they're going home.

I know if that happened with my kid, he'd be out of university for the semester, enrolling in another school, and I'd be demanding MU refund us.

I've tried to find stories documenting that phenomenon, but fail to find any. Do you have any links?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

meh, no biggie. I'll just tell "your people" to GTFO out a public space, and I'm sure you'll apply your dismissive jokes to that.

No, you won't. You'll scream like it's 1840.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Damn that's scary...

"A Black only meeting place to form a healing circle"

Technically they might accidentally create a Black Hole if they get enough mass in the circle... if they succeed we are all going to die!

Some brave white guy is going to have to run in the middle of that thing and stop this

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Don't do this. If they feel they need private space and personal time, it's nobody's business but their own.
Let them have it in peace.

Couldn't one have said the same thing during the segregation period? What if white students want "safe spaces" from black people? Will it simply be a matter of their own personal time in peace?

lol, really.

I'n glad these folks will be here to support my need for a safe space from various people I don't like our trust.

Uh, no, they won't. Not if it's their pet eternally offended group that I want separation from.

One-way hypocrisy, that is their product. And they're not embarrassed to admit it anymore. They think they're entitled to special laws, rules, and policies written around their hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Ksihkehe

These black students don't have the legal authority to 'segregate' and they aren't asking for that authority. They are simply asking the white people that want to help to respect a space they are trying to use to address a racial issue they feel they are faced with. White people who want to help ought to have no problem understanding this. White people who want to only criticize shouldn't be offended they asked for space, you weren't ever going to stand with them in the first place.

Legality has nothing to do with it. We've already seen members of this protest using intimidation on the press while being recorded. Do you think there aren't those there who would be willing to escalate things even further with no camera around? It flies in the face of everything the protest is alleged to be about. You don't use a racist tool to protest racism any more than you protest abortion by getting one. It makes no sense.

From what I read there were other minority groups who were part of the protest, so it's okay to exclude Arab and Asian people from this public healing area too? Perhaps those minority groups should demand the black student body president step down and issue an apology?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

It's just all the false outrage and hypocrisy which gets me. They think they have it so bad. Again, it's all relative. See my reply above. Any kid, no matter what color, should be thankful they're in a position to attend college, let alone be in a position to dictate what ethnicities to should be excluded from sympathizing with them, after bitching and making a stink about racism.
First they make a public spectacle and involve the media to draw attention to themselves then all of a sudden they want privacy. Give me a break.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Good they have an idiot zoned area for themselves away from their idiot caucasion "Allies".

haha, this situation is wrong on 99 levels, but profoundly right on one :

The whiny, weepy little metrosexual self-loathing sycophant to the protesters, is crying "waaaahhh why do they hate me now that I surrendered everything, including my dignity".

This would include not only the pasty scowling little students, but the professors and administrators as well.

A great thing to watch. About to happen in europe also, but sadly much more deadly.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Everything is relative. You have these black kids who are lucky enough to be in the financial position and had the proper schooling to attend MU bitching about their treatment. I bet poor, black kids who receive below standard education in inner city public schools and will never have the chance to attend college and improve their life would view racism differently than these self-described persecuted blacks.

Heard an even better angle.....someone should look into how much "football privilege" the protesting football players are enjoying, in the form of easy classes / grades, private tutors / advisers, perhaps no-show classes and grades or mysteriously changed grades.

I guess the scholarships worth 200-300 K don't count as "privilege". Nope, not in the hypocritical, lying vacuum that this is all occurring in.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
All this crap is ignorant and stupid. Alabamian here and lemme tell ya... folks around here that lived through civil rights in the 60's DO NOT want a repeat. That's ALL folks (looney tunes pun?), not just white folks or black folks or rainbow folks. I lived up north awhile and the hypocrisy is astounding. I am not at all surprised that this kind of crap is happening above the Mason-Dixon line. Because, guess what? Y'all are segregated ALREADY! Many towns I've been through have 2 high schools: one is 95% black and the other is 95% white. Every census the lines get redrawn to make sure that status quo remains.

While not perfect, I would argue that the South is more tolerant and integrated than the North. Should the South make the North integrate? Will y'all break out the firehoses in protest? Or can we, if at all possible, realize we are non-hyphenated (oxymoron) Americans? @^%$%%# Division! United we stand, divided we fall. RIGHT??? United States of America, or Divided States of America? It really is up to us but everyone needs to wake up and quit allowing themselves to be led around like donkeys with a stick and carrot of fear and hate!

I advise everyone to watch a documentary called The Death of Yugoslavia (BBC documentary. on youtube in 6 parts) to get a grasp on what out of control racism can bring. I see parallels between the lead-up to their civil war and what is happening right now in the States. It's friggin' scary.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I'll have to agree with your post 100%.

I wish it wasnt true.

IMHO, we were better off racially 5-10 years ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

So you decided to come here preaching to me like you have some kind of enlightened news? Please. Stuff it. Like YOU know more about them and their circumstances than THEY do? WTH?
You sound like someone from the 50's.
ugh. Hateful thread, I had no idea it would turn like this..........

ADIOS. Wallow in it.

haha, you say "50's'" as though your whole premise ISN'T that we're still in the middle of 50's racism. We're not. Thank me very much for enlightening you. We have so many laws, rules, and policies against even thinking racist thoughts, that only a couple of mentally retarded people dare speak like this anymore. And they are promptly spanked for "hate crimes" for that thought or speech.

There is still racism, but it's about .001 % of what it was historically....or what it is anywhere else in the world.

Must be nice to be totally wrong, and simply say "you are hateful", and magically become right !

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Wow...imagine how bad race relations in this country would be, if we hadn't elected 'The Great Unifier'.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Ksihkehe

These black students don't have the legal authority to 'segregate' and they aren't asking for that authority. They are simply asking the white people that want to help to respect a space they are trying to use to address a racial issue they feel they are faced with. White people who want to help ought to have no problem understanding this. White people who want to only criticize shouldn't be offended they asked for space, you weren't ever going to stand with them in the first place.

Legality has nothing to do with it. We've already seen members of this protest using intimidation on the press while being recorded. Do you think there aren't those there who would be willing to escalate things even further with no camera around? It flies in the face of everything the protest is alleged to be about. You don't use a racist tool to protest racism any more than you protest abortion by getting one. It makes no sense.

From what I read there were other minority groups who were part of the protest, so it's okay to exclude Arab and Asian people from this public healing area too? Perhaps those minority groups should demand the black student body president step down and issue an apology?

Well, the student president is now proven to have lied on twitter that "the KKK is on campus, stay away from windows".

meh, nothing to see here, just a guy abusing his position to claim that one "type" of people is going to be shooting another type of people (the good and special people).

Of course everybody involved gave him a pass for this, while conveniently ignoring that's there's absolutely no proof of all the racism crimes. Too bad the president was such a crying putz. He let them destroy his life for nothing but a fake, lying campaign of BS. Hopefully they paid him off secretly to go out there and publicly act like such a p***y.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Heard an even better angle.....someone should look into how much "football privilege" the protesting football players are enjoying, in the form of easy classes / grades, private tutors / advisers, perhaps no-show classes and grades or mysteriously changed grades.

I guess the scholarships worth 200-300 K don't count as "privilege". Nope, not in the hypocritical, lying vacuum that this is all occurring in.

I hear ya. My son attends a university down south for which I pay 50k+ a year for him to attend. I get no financial help, he'll be paying loans until he's 35, no doubt. He's got a job in the athletic department tutoring athletes of all ethnicities (although there is a majority of a particular group) and most are there on scholarship, yet can barely sign their name. Athletic prowess gets you a free ride in most big colleges with football and basketball teams but not academics.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
www.theblaze.com...

Student protesters at the University of Missouri asked white supporters to leave Wednesday night in order to create a “black only healing space.”

Steve Schmidt, an activist who was at the protest, tweeted that Concerned Student 1950 group were “asking white allies to leave.”

I'm not at all surprised by this. Racism in this country is talked about strictly as a white problem and so these people grow up with a lot of hate and anger towards one group based on their skin color, while at the same time being taught there is nothing wrong with their racist hatred. Self hating white liberals have made it even worse by promoting and encouraging this behavior. Our media is no better. I can guarantee all of you that nobody in the media will call this what it is, racism. They wont even report on the fake racial incidents that were perpetrated by black students! This whole thing at Mizzou and other universities is based on nothing more than a hatred of whites. I predict this will continue, spread and get a lot worse.

It appears they would like segregation to return...hmmm...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join