It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia now considered a "sexual orientation".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: nwtrucker

People had been bringing this point up to liberals for years, but they refused to see the can of worms that they were opening. It appears now these fears are actually coming true.

This is what happens when the country and the world decide to set aside morality in pursuit of hedonistic, sexually perverse, behaviors. I am not surprised.

How does defining something make it a problem??? This has nothing to do with liberals or conservatives. So why bother going there???

Nobody is saying to allow it. We're talking about how to define it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Pedophilia..... an upperclass privelidge... the lower class to deliver and used as scape-goats...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Don't you know that if you attack liberals you have to be a right wing, Christian? They can't fathom non-religious opposition to their immorality and stupidity.

Nothing about being a liberal is immoral or stupid. No more than being conservative makes you a bigot and an Ahole.

You're bias is in high gear today man.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Being a pedo isn't illegal, diddling kids and having CP is illegal. And i just want to point out that the general idea of "OMG HES A PEDO LYNCH HIM" Is the attitude that prevents people from coming foreword and getting help.

That isn't to say it's not disgusting, But so is getting # on by a Japanese nurse.

Can they even get help for that? Serious question. Is it something that can be cured or fixed?

Do you have kids? If you do, you should be able to understand why people have that "lynch him" mentality.

The thought of someone hurting my kids is enough to put me in a rage. If if actually happens....all bets are off on what I'm capable of doing.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

misprint? REALLY? LMAO...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Well, if it truly is a disorder then I would assume it can be fixed. Although I'm not sure about that. But if it's natural then I would assume there is no fixing it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well said, sir.

The only point I differ is I have no age restriction on when the "all bets are off" kicks in.....

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This is what happens when the country and the world decide to set aside morality in pursuit of hedonistic, sexually perverse, behaviors. I am not surprised.

Could you define "hedonistic, sexually perverse, behaviors"? (plural)

It has nothing to do with society setting aside morality. Where on planet earth is pedophilia legal? No where that I know of. Defining it is not approving it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The APA said in its statement that “‘sexual orientation’ is not a term used in the diagnostic criteria for pedophilic disorder and its use in the DSM-5 text discussion is an error and should read ‘sexual interest.’”

Same source.

Yes, it was a misprint. Rightly made a big deal of at the time. However it was corrected.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The same system the restrained all the other 'orientations' . Make the consequences tougher than self-restraint.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: mOjOm

The same system the restrained all the other 'orientations' . Make the consequences tougher than self-restraint.

I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say here.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You are using one point to make another based on a crazy bit of not real news. Since I last blinked has the age of consent been done away with or lowered?,,,nope!

You are using the point of liberalism regarding certain sexual preferences among adults to make a totally different point of adult sexual activity with a minor. You are suggesting that the two are linked as a perversion of the same nature and are a result of hedonist inspired legislation.

I do not see the link. Sexual preferences of adults relating to other adults being a reason for them not having protection of their lifestyles from emotional and physical violence and being lumped together with child abusers is ludicrous faulty reasoning.

In a very subtle and deceitful way you are trying to say gay people are child abusers and liberal minded people are morally degenerate and want to do away with the law so they can get it on with children.

You have a screw loose. I'll just go get my tool kit. May be we can fix this.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Well, if it truly is a disorder then I would assume it can be fixed. Although I'm not sure about that. But if it's natural then I would assume there is no fixing it.

Yeah, that's confusing by calling it a disorder because there is an assumption that it can be cured.

Personally, I don't think it can be fixed.

link   

As far as i know, People are born with it, so unless it turns out to be an actual disorder (I don't think it is) it's not going to be curable. But yes, It can be curtailed, At least according to the leading authority that is studying the behavior, and the positive results in countries that would prefer to help rather then shun.

I don't see it any differently then being born homosexual. It's the same thing, except it's undeniably wrong, where homosexuality isn't.

Edit: 1 more thing, it's not just human that this happens to, It's been observed in almost all species.

edit on 7-11-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

People had been bringing this point up to liberals for years, but they refused to see the can of worms that they were opening. It appears now these fears are actually coming true.

How does defining something make it a problem??? This has nothing to do with liberals or conservatives. So why bother going there???

Nobody is saying to allow it. We're talking about how to define it.

The OP talked about liberals and I was relating my post to his.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

As far as i know, People are born with it, so unless it turns out to be an actual disorder (I don't think it is) it's not going to be curable. But yes, It can be curtailed, At least according to the leading authority that is studying the behavior, and the positive results in countries that would prefer to help rather then shun.

I don't see it any differently then being born homosexual. It's the same thing, except it's undeniably wrong, where homosexuality isn't.

Are you born with it??? I thought it came from some kind of trauma or something??? Maybe that is just one cause of it. I've never heard of it happening naturally though.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Could you define "hedonistic, sexually perverse, behaviors"? (plural)

It has nothing to do with society setting aside morality. Where on planet earth is pedophilia legal? No where that I know of. Defining it is not approving it.

Pedophilia is commonly practiced (and often legal) among Muslims and Muslim nations as well as common behavior among politicians in the UK and elite. I consider homosexual behavior to be perverse (not illegal) and sexually promiscuous behavior is not only condoned, but encouraged in modern society.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
These very days we are hearing from an ongoing danish court case, where a Dane has been running a special pedo-site with a couple of his friends.

The site consisted of two parts. A "normal part" with material from all over the web, and a "special part" where you could be a member of, IF you contributed with NEW material every other week.
When you applied for the special site you were requested to film a child holding a sign with your name. Whether it had to be abusing the child or just some footage isn't specified in the papers over here.

The perv was asked if he didn't think that the membership rules were pushing people to produce material. He didn't think so, and mentioned that the material would have been produced anyway.

He also related how he told someone that "hardcore" would be best.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that he conspired with another to buy a baby/toddler in an eastern european country and bring it to Sweden for fun and abuse.

edit on 7-11-2015 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It's been considered an orientation for a while now actually. I met a leading researcher in NZ way back in 1991 who held the opinion that it was an orientation.

HOWEVER

Being an orientation does not make it legal, morally right or culturally acceptable. The idea behind the orientation thing was just classifying it and recognising it, not accepting it.

I'll be out there on the streets with the rest of you if there becomes a push to accept this as a norm. Children do not have the mental capacity to understand the full implication of sexual activity and NEED to be protected from sexual predators at all costs.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The problem is the 'positioning' as an orientation.

It implies no choice in the act of indulging the impulse.

Nothing in orientation says 'disorder' any more than gays or Lesbians. Try saying it's a 'disorder' to that crowd and the cacophony is ear-splitting.

The positioning is obvious. Of course, it's a disorder. So are the rest of the 'orientations'.

Separating the 'orientations' into groups without applying the same standards to all is disingenuous.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join