It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia now considered a "sexual orientation".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
www.redflagnews.com...

Time for the mellow liberals who feels that if "it doesn't 'harm' anyone, who cares", to take a second look at their logic.

What started as "the gov't has no business in the bedrooms of America, has gotten us to this point of outright insanity. Impulses are to be indulged. Jesus says love everyone, so be cool....yeah right...

Jesus said love everyone, not bed everyone.

Those in the original indulged groups, Gays and Lesbians, will distance themselves from this new and latest dramatization....as they did from man-boy sex groups...it won't work, however.

Wake up libs. Draw your lines. Don't let them be crossed....else there will be NO lines at all. It will be heterosexuals that 'require treatment'...

No, not fear mongering...pointing out insanity, is more accurate.

Normally I'd end with a request for thoughts. Not this time, it's the rant forum and I couldn't care less what the counter thoughts are...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Are you implying that liberals are pro pedophiles lol, not too sure but it seems an issue with the catholic church to defend pedos.

Nice attempt at more fake outrage.

Oh and great blog or obscure made up news you found for us today.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Totally sickening, though no matter how it is addressed and redefined it is at least for now still illegal. Let's hope that does not change.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm not sure if I trust your source but that's a different matter.

The fact is that pedophilia is a sexual preference though. It's not a healthy one or a legal one but it is one. They are attracted to children. Which is not a normal sexual orientation of any kind. Hetero and Homo are both attracted to adults but people with pedophilia are attracted to children and not adults. So technically that is correct.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's not true at all.

APA to correct manual: Pedophilia is not a ‘sexual orientation’

Pedophilia is not a “sexual orientation,” and erroneous use of that phrase will be corrected soon in its new manual on mental illnesses, the American Psychiatric Association said Thursday.

That link is to a Washington Times post from October 31st, 2013. That link is also used as a source from the article in the OP.

The APA in no way classified pedophilia as an orientation.

Further, the RedFlag source took the OP article from this blog that was written on October 28th, 2013:
Free North Carolina

Essentially it was a misprint that was quickly corrected.

edit on 11/7/2015 by EternalSolace because: Added more sources

edit on 11/7/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Nice try twisting the obvious intent of the rant. Won't work though.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Bull. Your 'technically correct' is nothing more than psycho-babble. PERIOD.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Lol , its ok your god protects pedophile priest, but yea its us evil liberals, oh and its already been proven that you are wrong.

Keep up the fake outrage its so 2015

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Oh, I see. Trial ballooned and a fail....for now.

Slippery slop, push the envelope, make transsexuals look more 'normal'?

Garbage. all of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Nothing fake about it, sweetie.

Not my god. Don't have one....

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Being a pedo isn't illegal, diddling kids and having CP is illegal. And i just want to point out that the general idea of "OMG HES A PEDO LYNCH HIM" Is the attitude that prevents people from coming foreword and getting help.

That isn't to say it's not disgusting, But so is getting # on by a Japanese nurse.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

How could it not be though???

The definition of "sexual orientation" is:

According to the American Psychological Association, sexual orientation "also refers to a person's sense of identity based on those attractions, related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions"

Sexual orientation is an enduring pattern of romantic or sexual attraction (or a combination of these) to persons of the opposite sex or gender, the same sex or gender, or to both sexes or more than one gender. These attractions are generally subsumed under heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality,[1][2] while asexuality (the lack of sexual attraction to others) is sometimes identified as the fourth category

Why wouldn't it fit that definition??

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Don't get your panties in a wad over it. I didn't say it should be legal or accepted as ok or anything. Clearly it's a disorder but it's still there.

Maybe that is why it's not treated as one because it's a disorder. So in theory if you got rid of the disorder then they would have a normal sexual orientation.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Your point?

What part of psycho-babble don't you get?

I feel sorry for all the dupes that studied/wasted their time with the subject. The same bunch that label non-conformity as a psychological disorder. They decide what conformity and non-conformity is...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

WTH did I just read?

Is there even such a thing as a pedophile that doesn't act on his sexual needs.

That's the first I've ever heard of it. Kind of hard to believe really.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

People had been bringing this point up to liberals for years, but they refused to see the can of worms that they were opening. It appears now these fears are actually coming true.

This is what happens when the country and the world decide to set aside morality in pursuit of hedonistic, sexually perverse, behaviors. I am not surprised.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

WTH did I just read?

Is there even such a thing as a pedophile that doesn't act on his sexual needs.

That's the first I've ever heard of it. Kind of hard to believe really.

Lot's of them, Yes. Theirs a couple documentaries i watched, I wish i could remember what they were called >

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Your point?

What part of psycho-babble don't you get?

I feel sorry for all the dupes that studied/wasted their time with the subject. The same bunch that label non-conformity as a psychological disorder. They decide what conformity and non-conformity is...

My point is that it seems to fit the definition of what "sexual orientation" means. It seems to me more like psycho babble to not label it as a "sexual orientation" when it is. It's a harmful one and an illegal one and not one that should be acted on, but it seems by definition to be one.

link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Thank God!

I wish I would have read your reply before I posted.

link   

Nothing fake about it, sweetie.

Not my god. Don't have one....

Don't you know that if you attack liberals you have to be a right wing, Christian? They can't fathom non-religious opposition to their immorality and stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join