It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Justice Warrior Contacts The Employer Of Her Youtube Foe To Get Him Fired. It Backfires!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Now, I am not familiar with either party here but from face value it is poetic justice.

So, this Youtube anti-feminist guy has about 400,000 subscribers. SJW lady decides to go after him on a personal level and contact his Employer to try to get him fired and goes to the trouble of smugly saying that "there is nothing you can do about it".

Well, guess what, turn-about is fair play. Now she is trying to get the FBI involved because the guy relayed the story to his subscribers and they blasted her and her husbands business.

Funny how Karma works sometimes. She has now (after the fact) apologized for trying to get the guy fired and is requesting Cyber Terrorism charges now.
www.wusa9.com...
www.wusa9.com...

OWIE, Md. (WUSA9) -- The owners of a Prince George's County bathroom restoration and remodeling company say they've apologized, asked for help from law enforcement and reached out to local media in an effort to stop what has become a one-sided war with an online army.

Beginning on October 20th, supporters of a YouTube provocateur known as "Thunderf00t" have been bombarding Porcelain Tub Restoration of Bowie with negative reviews on Yelp and Google, mocking emails and phone calls.

Jenny Keller, a vice president of the company and, until recently, the woman behind the YouTube channel "Laughing Witch" said this started with a letter she sent to the employer of Thunderf00t, real name Dr. Phil Mason, back in February. The letter was part of a campaign to pressure Mason to change what Keller and others believed was anti-feminist and anti-Muslim rhetoric on his popular YouTube channel, which has more than 400,000 subscribers

Mason saw the letters, and subsequent YouTube videos promoting Keller's campaign, as an effort to get him fired, and responded in kind. Mason posted a series of videos divulging Keller's name and business address (she named herself in her own videos), and encouraging his supporters around the world to review the company she leads with her husband, Paul Burns.

"I don't know how to make this go away," Burns told WUSA9 on Thursday. "We've apologized. This has nothing to do with my business. They're really hurting the wrong people. They want to hurt her. She taunted them in the video and said 'you can't hurt me.' Well, yes they can."

Burns said negative Yelp and Google reviews decimated his company's standing online. Calls and emails from would-be customers have dried up. The couple is now raising money online to support their workers should they go under, Burns says.

"We were on the ropes, and we were looking to see blue sky finally. Things were picking up then this came down, the hammer came down," Burns said. "You have no recourse as a business owner. They just, they take these reviews at face value. Its economic cyber terrorism."

Burns has contacted the online reviewing sites, receiving varying levels of cooperation in removing the negative reviews. His appeals to the FBI to investigate what he calls online harassment of his wife have gone unanswered.

Keller apologized to Mason in a video on her YouTube channel, then deactivated the channel, along with her Twitter profile. In an interview Thursday she was chastened, but still angry at Mason, and the blow-back from his supporters.

"So basically, I've been shut up and shut down. And so have most of the feminists on the YouTube community," Keller said.

She is, she concedes, surrendering, in hopes of saving her business.

"Those people seem to be totally dedicated to causing as much harm as they can because we engaged in a political action."

So, what do you think.

I think anyone trying to get you fired from your job because they don't like your legal youtube videos is bullcrap. She posted a mocking video all proud of herself on trying to get him fired. (Not sure if he did or not).

Then, when similar tactics are used against her it is cyber terrorism!

LOL

EDIT: according to the comments she even went beyond trying to get him fired, she contacted Police to try and get him arrested and local newspapers.... then set up a gofundme right before they "appologized". Classy.

she didn't just write to his boss, she also wrote to the police and 5 newspapers. She tried to get him ARRESTED because she didn't like his youtube videos. In her letter she falsely claimed that thunderf00t "openly worships hitler" and praises the holocaust as good for humanity
Like · Reply · 21 · 14 hrs
Aron Smith
Bow Man is correct, also they started a gofundme campaign right before their apology for 25,000, coincidently (or not) they lost a judgement to Wells Fargo 2 months ago for almost the same amount. Neither side of this story has acted admirably in this, But Jennifer Keller started this and her actions I find much more deplorable. This wasn't about anything but trying to silence someones opinion that she didn't agree with.
Like · Reply · 16 · 14 hrs
Jacques Cuze ·
Works at Freelance Journalist
She was absolutely proud and bragging on YouTube of how she tried to get him fired because she did not like his speech. Not only did she write to his employers, she falsely accused him of crimes in the Czech Republic that could have had him arrested. And she sent those accusations to the Police.

So now she finds out the Internet does not like her behavior and turns around and does to her what she did to him.

And apology? They issues a classic not apology. Apologizing to their customers and employees but not to her victim.

It's deplorable behavior on her part, on the trolls parts, on YELP who could easily have swiftly contained the situation by freezing their page and restoring it.

edit on 30-10-2015 by infolurker because: add comments

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Karma! Ain't it a *snip*?

Made my day!

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Lol, good on him.

Femnazis are really dumb sometimes.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Brought it on herself.

Progressives often try to use dirty tactics to squelch speech they don't like instead of debating the facts or just letting the person be. I bet this chick was celebrating that pizza joint or the baker that was run out of business over the gay marriage hoopla. Remember the Chik-Fil-A boycotts?

Karma. Back at ya.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thing is Thunderfoot only shows and corrects them and they go to the UN asking for them to be protected from that.
It appears that they are the hypocrites here.
I like his science videos.
Oh and here is Thunderfoot explaining more.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh wow. They REALLY tried to get him fired!

Glad there was a happy ending.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Here is a follow up video.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That was good. I cannot get how some fanatic could be so callous as to try to ruin your income and career because they don't like what you said on the internet.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
To be honest good enough for her, if she wasn't so devious in the first place this wouldn't have happened, very hard to be sorry for someone like that. Karma has no menu, you get served what you deserve.
edit on 30-10-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Turnaround is fair play. If you are going to socially shame someone, make sure your house is in order. How does the saying go, don't throw rocks if your house is made of glass?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
wow! gotta feel sorry for the misandrist....

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sounds like she got a taste of her own medicine and it was bitter and icky. Serves her right.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
SO the TROLL got TROLLED back huh? Trolltastic!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Baaaahahahahahahaha! I love it when the interwebs gets it right. That is one of the funniest backfire stories I have heard lately.

Great stuff!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stone and don't cross the road if you can't get outa the kitchen!(for you boondock saints fans)

To screw with someone's livlyhood because they don't agree with you is kinda sad and evil all in one breath.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Man, all thunderfoot does is speak his mind and shows us his nerdy science experiments. These third wave feminists are the devil, I swear.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Kind of fitting that she resides in a place called "Owie"...

Good. Double good. Golf claps all around for sweet karmic justice. I need to keep confetti guns in stock for occasions like these. Someone said something she didn't like so she tries to ruin his life literally. She would have been fine had he lost everything and wound up living on the street. Now she's crying saying her treatment is too harsh???

Lick it up. You deserve every bit of it.
edit on 10/30/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What's really sad is that she likely still thinks she's right and won't change a bit.. probably even more bitter and hateful than ever because she was beaten severely at her own game.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Read the news story. Interesting how the lead is 'feminist suffering from malevolent campaign' and only then mentions, by the way, this is in retaliation for what she did to him.

'This isn't about our business!' she whines. So she can attack his business but hers is off limits? Always remember, you started it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
How bad do I feel for the woman? This sums it up for me right here. Props to Cartman.

Serves you right, dumbass. It's the internet, you should know better before starting flame wars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join