It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange structures in Egypt - Google Earth coordinates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well these look interesting. Hopefully this qualifies in the "and other facilities" portion of this forum.

I saw this on YouTube and thought they looked really interesting. What do you all think they are? When you right-click "what's here" it says Cairo Governorate.

Anyway, they look really weird so I thought I'd post for ATS.

30° 1'13.25"N 31°43'14.51"E

29°56'30.9"N 31°34'54.8"E

In the video comments, users are posting coordinates for other finds of interests.

Trying to add image links, but they will not work with the links button or copy/paste so I removed them
edit on 28-10-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Someone should sneak over there and take a look
edit on 28-10-2015 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I checked on Bing and it appears for the first set of coordinates that there is a major highway being built in the immediate vicinity.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Can't be anything too nefarious or secret considering it's right next to a highway.

Perhaps it is the beginning construction stage of a solar facility?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That's a logical conclusion and would be a great idea!

Found this from March. It's not about this area in particular, but about Egypt and solar energy-

The shift towards solar energy comes in line with government policies to diversify sources of energy, amid an energy crisis Egypt has been facing for years.

Egypt aims to build solar power plants and wind energy facilities within the next three years, with a total capacity of 4,300 megawatts. It is also seeking to generate electricity using nuclear power and has signed an agreement with Russia to assist with building a nuclear facility.

Link

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Perhaps it is the beginning construction stage of a solar facility?

Or an off-ramp.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That looks kind of like the pictures that were posted on here before, it turned out to be a world war 2 bombing practice site in the Egyptian desert.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-10-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Could also be part of this project:

Egypt is weeks away from signing up a major Arabian Gulf-based property developer to spearhead the development of a Dh240 billion capital city the size of New Cairo, a senior minister said yesterday.

The Egyptian government will probably relocate to the new capital, which will be located east of Cairo and take 12 years to build.

The "new capital" is supposed to be built just north of where this structure is located. Maybe it is part of that project in some way.

Source

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hey guys, am not really a forum writer, ( love to read for hours though) and not a wizard on PC's, but if you go about 13.20 KM or 8.2 Miles to the right, in a 30 degree...
you see kind of the same buildings, looks like a landing strip on the left of it.

30 04 69 07
31 85 66 42

The numbers are the longitude, I think....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Military site?

Examples here,

virtualglobetrotting.com...

This example looks to be bunkered missiles,...you would hope they clean them regularly!

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sort of looks like hardened Missile site but no launchers in view.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'd go with munitions bunkers or anti-aircraft missile bunkers. You want to keep your explosives somewhere where if one bunker has a failure, it doesn't blow everything else up. So that would explain having separate bunkers; missile fuel, warheads, maintenance vehicles. Having a raised platform would be an advantage for a missile-launch vehicle. That would explain the purpose of the ramps.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Nearby Wadi Al Jandali airport has several similar structures nearby. One sporting the airport radar-dome on top.

I'd suspect that these are simply a way of ensuring that stuff doesn't end up getting buried in shifting dunes.

A colleague of mine did a stint in the middle east and went out to see the wreck of a train derailed by Lawrence of Arabia, which had been buried for ages but after sandstorms had been exposed, so such stuff happens.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Those entrances definitely lead under ground. Probably a military instillation of some sort.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Strange but this actually reminds me of a NASA launch pad at first glance.

Wasn't Egypt recently talking about space missions?
edit on 29/10/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
ET landing site. Cat-like ETs landed there before.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I have just returned from Egypt and they rely on solar energy alot!

Even to the point where every single street light has two solar panels on to power them, they arent connected to the local power grid at all.

just thought would mention it,

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Those look like temporary loading docks with a landing pad. Helicopters probably fly things in, then they are loaded on to trucks from the platform and moved out to whatever local thing that is being constructed.

My interpretation, anyhow. I'm probably incorrect.

ETA: After reading everything, yeah, I'm probably incorrect. But wouldn't it be nice if they had nothing to do with military explosives and were for peaceful reasons?
edit on 29-10-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You peeps may be interested in comparing the Egyptian finds to this that I know with absolute certainty to be a radar emplacement.

So, I give my vote to a radar or weapon emplacement that has an access ramp.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I know! I'm still holding out for Feline ETS or Solar Power stations

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join