It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for extreme Leftists.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Islam is a religion with a billion adherents.
To make blanket statements about a billion people is foolish.

I read the whole thread. There is no better answer than this.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The numbers of people who hold extreme views in the Muslim world are far from an insignificant minority.

Washington Post Article

Also, it is easy to say, "They are entitled to their beliefs, as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others." But that's kind of the point. It leaves out consideration of all of the women who are beaten, abused, raped, mutilated, honor-killed, sold into slavery, forced into burqas, or otherwise forced to adhere to a brutal religion which oppresses them at every turn. Even in Europe and the United States. This is the reality of millions of females in Islam. THEY HAVE NO FREEDOM of religion (or any other kind). When offered the chance to speak they dare not say anything against their captors. All they know or have ever known is captivity and domination.

Consider the Westboro Baptists; the worst thing they ever do is carry really offensive signs. Muslims in some places throw gay people from rooftops. And what no one is pointing out is that, while Christianity over the years has become more inclusive and egalitarian, the overwhelming trend in Islam today is to become more fanatical. And over and over again, we are seeing that when they have enough numbers to influence the democratic vote, they vote to eliminate democracy and replace it with Sharia. It's what they are doing ALL OVER THE WORLD. Islam is absolutely antithetical to the democratic West in a way that Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Judaism, Christianity, etc., are not. There are YouTube videos of European migrants chanting "To hell with democracy" as they march the streets of their new European homes. Their ideology is overtly anti-democratic and they are making no secret of this.

Non muslims destined to go to hell, British Police Go To Hell - Muslim Extremists:

To Hell with Freedom, We Want an Islamic Caliphate & Weapons: FSA Organized Demonstration:

I couldn't find the exact video where they were screaming "F--- democracy" but it shouldn't really come as a surprise to you unless you have been living in a cave for the past year. If you still deny it you are in - DENIAL. And it ain't a river in Egypt.

edit on 22-10-2015 by OuttaHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2015 by OuttaHere because: url broken

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

Why do you defend Muslims?

Because that's what Americans are supposed to do? If you support the constitution then you have to support freedom of religion. I don't care if a persons religion is dancing naked in graveyards by the light of the moon while biting heads off chickens as long as they don't try to force it on others I will support their right to practice it.

I thought we were supposed to support things like women's rights and gay rights.

We do? We still have a government that wants to tell women what to do with their bodies and it was only recently that gays were given the right to marry. So just how are we so superior to the hard line Muslims? Do you know that some Muslim nations have had female heads of state? That is something we still haven't had.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
They are only doing it because of the Obama syndrome. Obama supports Islam and Muslims, he supplies them with weapons, like the Brotherhood. His agenda to "kiss up" to our traditional enemies requires he gets his leftist media machine cranking on that and so they give the word of the day to their PC crowds who all wait for the new word of the day, and it's off to the races!
Now all the left, MSM etc, is all supporting Muslims like crazy, pulling the race card whenever possible when they are losing the debates about it, and all the other tools. Meanwhile, Iran president'e plans for the Destruction of America right after Obama kissed his butt. This is because you can't bribe your way out of a fight with Islam, they hate everyone, themselves too, and especially America.

Now we see liberal supreme court judges in support of Sharia law, as well as liberal college professors, and all the rest of their social circus members. A few short years ago they were all screaming the opposite. This is how this machine works. It begins slowly, and then increases until a sort of critical mass is there. When that is reached, we begin to see new legislation and executive orders that take us further away from our most valuable traditions, and move them towards a Sharia supporting system. It is already happening in big ways. Like calling for people to be jailed if they don't "believe" what the liberal circus is presenting. Like climate change deniers for an example.

This is the "liberal think tank" And it contains automatons and mental robots, eagerly awaiting new PC commands and new instructions to follow. They feel really good about being a part of that.

edit on 23-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Problem with Islam is it is very very Rigid in its believes, those who truly follow the religion have no belief in evolution and other basic scientific facts.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

For the record, as one of the potential repressees ... I'd trust Muslims like you over many American "Christians" any day, any time.

At least you don't contradict your own beliefs with every other sentence ...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
Before anybody takes offense to the title and accuses me of being a Conservative, I'm not. I consider myself a moderate Leftist.

Dont people see the left and right is nothing more than divide and rule? Dont people realise that the left and the right are just the two wings of the same bird of prey?

The two party system is there to lock us into a choice they have designed for us. The left and the right exist to frame but control the agenda and and steer the ship where the owners want it go.

We might appoint the pilot but its the left and the right who set the flight plan. The left and the right argue only over the flight plan not the desitination.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

There are liberal Muslims with quite progressive views. My neighbors are Muslim and my other neighbors are two married men. They get along swimmingly.

Leftists will defend anyone who they feel is marginalized, usually with excuses of it's wrong to generalize, it's wrong to hate, even though their principles do a 180 when it comes to the Christians and the right.
edit on 23-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Extremists, left or right are bad.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vettex2
Extremists, left or right are bad.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I know.

I am not against letting gays have their unions, only against letting them force others to participate.

You do your thing; I'll do mine. It's not that I don't want you to be happy; it's only that I want you to respect that my beliefs differ so leave me out of it.

Abortion ... well, I think we need to recognize that at some point there is a human being in there who has rights same as you or I. That isn't a religious statement but one arrived at by reasoning. How can a child born as early as 21 weeks have a chance of survival and yet that same child if brought to normal term be arbitrarily executed by its own mother if nature takes her course? To me, that makes no logical sense. Abnormal pregnancy brings you out early and you have every right to fight for your life and we'll do everything to save you, but a normal pregnancy means you are in danger of execution right up until the end of that normal pregnancy simply because of where you are.

How does that compute to a rational person?

It's like watching leftists fight tooth and nail for right to die and simultaneously call death by lethal injection too cruel and painful. What do they think doctor assisted suicide is?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's like watching leftists fight tooth and nail for right to die and simultaneously call death by lethal injection too cruel and painful. What do they think doctor assisted suicide is?

One of those is about a person choosing for themselves to die. The other is about someone being executed against their will. Those are not the same thing.

Assisted Suicide Means I Get a Doctor to help Me Kill Me. The other is I get a doctor to help me Kill You. Not a true comparison.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I know.

I am not against letting gays have their unions, only against letting them force others to participate.

You do your thing; I'll do mine. It's not that I don't want you to be happy; it's only that I want you to respect that my beliefs differ so leave me out of it.

How are they asking you to become involved?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join