It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems unveil new gun control push

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
the new law is named Illegal Gun crime is now illegal and this time we really mean it! from the redundancy in office caucus caucus dept of Bureau Bureau.

That'll fix 'em!

Saying it like how it really is.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What about the 11.000+/- dead people a year who completely loose their rights, because you wanna keep your right to shoot watermelons and paper men.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Gotcha, so the same thing we have been doing that is clearly not working, since like it is always said they don't follow the laws that we put. As in we still have a huge problem of people able to get their hands on firearms illegally.

It is already illegal for nutters, felons and people with domestic abuse issues to buy or possess firearms. Should we make it 'more illegal' ? What would you suggest?

I haven't seen what you are talking about on the DUI's but they do suspend your license until you take classes and your insurance always goes up.

You don't need a license to buy a car.
You can borrow a car.
you can steal a car.
You do not need insurance to drive a car. (do car thieves get insurance?)

Is your point we shouldn't have a list of people who can't buy guns?

Of course not.
My point is that I have yet to see you posting anything about how wrong it is that people have multiple DUI's and still drive cars. Don't we need to make it harder for them to do that?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Shifting again, per usual.

So we just need to give up an act like we can't do anything about these killings?

Sure we can . The most basic thing is start calling out these crap parents who really have no business having sex let alone a kid. We could quit drugging our children. Would could put gun education into the schools. But none of these are politically correct or acceptable. So pretty much, not a bunch we can do about mass shooters. as far as the one doing most the criminals we can start seperating the black market/criminal from the gun owner debate and hit both those so hard it makes Hiroshima look like a play day. But we know we can't, so it easier to ignore it. Pretty much , and it sucks, not much can be done in the current situation and climate. Legal gun owners who follow the rules have given as much ground as they are going to.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The thing is, if you just get a DUI chances are you haven't hurt anyone. If you did hurt/kill someone, the DUI is the least of your charges.

But you are a person that thinks that it is a responsible move to get drunk and drive a car. (not you personally! Sorry if you think I meant you))
We probably shouldn't have those people behind the wheel of a car.

edit on b000000312015-10-08T14:33:53-05:0002America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 14:33:53 -0500200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   

There is naught that can be done.

You can't sell alcohol to minors, but it doesn't stop them from obtaining it. Prohibition didn't work, and gun control might not work either.

Education could be the key. Making the potential consequences visible might dissuade people from purchasing a weapon- however anti smoking advertisements in the past have actually had a negative effect and made people want to spark up a death stick (I can attest to that). Then there is the curiosity factor, The subtle advertising...

Charlton Hestons cold dead hands won't be pried open any time soon.

link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

What about the 11.000+/- dead people a year who completely loose their rights, because you wanna keep your right to shoot watermelons and paper men.

So hold me and other people who aren't not responsible.

Accountable for it.

What about MY RIGHTS eh ?

What about every other gun owner eh?

Really want to talk about that then fine let's start with the biggest mass murder in the world.

The US government.

Give up my right to them?

Is that what your telling me to do ?

I DON'T think so.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

And that's just 1/3 the number who die in auto accidents.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You are avoiding my question.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't mix accidents with deliberate murder....

edit on 8-10-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

You are avoiding my question.

How the hell is that ?

I didn't deny them their rights.

The state did by making gun free zones, and making a safe work environment for criminals.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Oh, but not every one of those 11,000 is deliberate murder, either.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Sremmos80

Gotcha, so the same thing we have been doing that is clearly not working, since like it is always said they don't follow the laws that we put. As in we still have a huge problem of people able to get their hands on firearms illegally.

It is already illegal for nutters, felons and people with domestic abuse issues to buy or possess firearms. Should we make it 'more illegal' ? What would you suggest?

I haven't seen what you are talking about on the DUI's but they do suspend your license until you take classes and your insurance always goes up.

You don't need a license to buy a car.
You can borrow a car.
you can steal a car.
You do not need insurance to drive a car. (do car thieves get insurance?)

Is your point we shouldn't have a list of people who can't buy guns?

Of course not.
My point is that I have yet to see you posting anything about how wrong it is that people have multiple DUI's and still drive cars. Don't we need to make it harder for them to do that?

Actually you can legally drive a car without insurance as long as it's only driven on private property

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Thats bs, but i see now you have no answer to my question.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And that 11,000 deaths is ALREADY against the LAW.

Seriously the anti gunner 'argument' so much as it is.

Has been weighed. It has been measured, and it has been found wanting.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

thefederalist.com...

The FBI statistics show that knives have been used as a murder weapon far more often than rifles — even those evil “assault weapons” we hear so much about — for quite a while. In 2013, knives or other cutting instruments were used to kill 1,490 victims. In contrast, rifles were the cause of death of 285 murder victims.

edit on 8-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The only BS in this thread is what the gun control crowd try to push on people that DON'T break the law.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's true, but doesn't make it any different...

SOURCE

Total Number of Incidents 40,321
Defensive Use 922
Accidental Shooting 1,426

edit on 8-10-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

My friend blew out the entire side of a caribou with his AR-15, he wasn't happy because he messed up the hide and lost some meat.

With a .223? Do you realize that round could barely take down a deer? It's a small round and my bolt action .270 has nearly twice the powder and wouldn't come close to that.

The .223 is a balance between size and power so a magazine can hold more rounds. It is not a large round and prob couldn't take down a caribou without a perfect shot.
edit on 8-10-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

No, the BS is no body care about the dead, incl. you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join