It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems unveil new gun control push

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
On this episode of keep doing the same thing over,and over again, and expecting a different result. Ya know that thing that people call the definition of insanity. We have the freedom loving left. Pushing the same old things time, and time, agian. Just pay no attention people. None of the mass shooters used these means to get their weapons. They were either purchased legally, or taken after killing someone who had passed the constitutional violation of the background check.

The Democratic push focuses on three areas: bolstering current background check requirements, closing "loopholes" on background checks when guns are bought at gun shows or online, and closing the "pipeline of illegal guns" by making gun trafficking a federal crime.

Morons!

No mass shooter got their weapons from a gun show. According to FEDERAL LAW all weapons sales online have to shipped to a FFL, and if gun trafficking should be a federal crime. Well then they need to arrest themselves for Fast and Furious.

Furthermore according to FEDERAL law since bad behavior prohibits future firearm ownership the US government should give up their weapons too.

But alas no that isn't going to happen, and those three areas is just the same old leftist agenda.

The creation of the police state.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I can't remember when "politics" were actually "politics"

the "politics" of guns is simple, plain and simple

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I wonder if any bad guys(that can't pass a background check) out there would think to try their luck buying their guns at the neighborhood drug dealers house?
Pass some more laws, Progressives... the new gun shows will be in the back alley.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

"pipeline of illegal guns" by making gun trafficking a federal crime.

LMFAO

How will the feds make any money then?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I also remember hearing Hillary chime in about how if she's President she will make sure victims can sue gun manufacturers and she even claimed she would "pass other gun laws that would prevent people from getting guns at a gun show without background checks/ID" etc., even though the whole gun show loophole is a myth! thefederalist.com...

I don't think any of us are surprised by this, just aggravated. As the world turns....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Ha, ha, so.........the Dem Senators are shooting again at the 2nd Amendment with proposals that do.....nothing?

No wonder they hate the 2nd Amendment. They can't hit the target at point blank range, and they just keep shooting......blanks expecting a hit. What part of "Gun Control" is hitting your target do they not understand? All of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The only strategy any politician has is stay in power. None of these politicians have a single idea what they are doing besides bank rolling the corporate elite, and bankrupting their own country. Gun Control debate is nothing more than a a strategy to keep Americans divided on this hot topic. The more we are divided the less we the people control this country. They've used the Gun control debate as blinders for the up coming economic crash, or the fact that Syria is now a very unstable area, with Russia on the ground and in the Air, One mistake and it could lead to WW3

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

If only it was same old same old but instead, it is up the ante all around, Ds and Rs alike.

The 'compromise' will be both get their way and we all lose.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I have been so stupid all these years. Here I always thought that laws do not and never have been meant to prevent crimes. We just need to make them all federal laws. I say a few strokes of the pen we can knock out rape, murder, drugs, and gun crime by next week. These people actually get elected and paid. Heck I need on board with pushing more restrictions on things like guns and abortions then promptly open a back alley business for both. I'm so retiring in 24 months.

Edit: I think I'll call it guns n borts. I'll be offering investment opportunities to ats members first
edit on 8-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
I can't remember when "politics" were actually "politics"

the "politics" of guns is simple, plain and simple

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Ahh, yes. Good point. We should make people illegal. Or make "making more people" illegal. Now I think we're on to something, yes!!??

You mean all this time Trafficking Firearms illegally wasn't a federal crime??? Weird.
edit on 8-10-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is why despite people on the left being for abortion rights and gay marriage they are still against my Constitutional right to own a gun. Why can't one of these two political sides actually fully support freedom? Useful idiots.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That's a good question.

I'd like to know why the party that is supposedly for civil rights.

Isn't really the party for civil rights.

At least the right doesn't make their claim to fame 'civil liberties'.

Truth be told Abortion,Gay marriage, and Gun RIGHTS all the same thing.

Freedom to choose.

And the Left thinks gun owners should not have that freedom to choose.

They think they have the right to make it for us.
edit on 8-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Not exactly what I meant. No matter how many laws they try to put into action, we will ALWAYS have some body that gets around it. Shootings will never end. It's pretty ironic though that since all of this 2nd amendment stuff and gun laws hit full throttle, more crazies came running out of the wood work, blasting people.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Yah, I know that wasn't what you meant.

But I still want to outlaw people anyway. Is that wrong of me???

Ahhh, screw em!! Let's outlaw people!!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So what do we do about that?

Not saying gun control will stop people from illegally getting the guns, but if that is the main problem then what are the steps we need to take.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Not saying gun control will stop people from illegally getting the guns, but if that is the main problem then what are the steps we need to take.
Same as we do for burglary, theft, murder and such. When you apprehend someone doing something illegal, you try them. If they are convicted, you punish them.
Have you ever seen a push to make sure that someone that has had a DUI conviction put on a list that would make it impossible for them to buy or rent a car?
edit on b000000312015-10-08T13:44:06-05:0001America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 13:44:06 -0500100000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: slapjacks

Yah, I know that wasn't what you meant.

But I still want to outlaw people anyway. Is that wrong of me???

Ahhh, screw em!! Let's outlaw people!!

Can't do that... they pay the taxes.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Gotcha, so the same thing we have been doing that is clearly not working, since like it is always said they don't follow the laws that we put.
As in we still have a huge problem of people able to get their hands on firearms illegally.

I haven't seen what you are talking about on the DUI's but they do suspend your license until you take classes and your insurance always goes up.
Is your point we shouldn't have a list of people who can't buy guns?
edit on thThu, 08 Oct 2015 13:48:11 -0500America/Chicago1020151180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

There is nothing else to do.

Murder has been illegal since the beginning.

You don't create laws that infringe on American civil liberties, and keep doing it over, and over again to where we are now over 70 years of gun control.

That simply will not ever stop what a small percentage of the population does.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I had a DUI in Michigan many years ago and had a business with 6 leased trucks. I was not working when it happened but I was told I couldn't buy a car or rent a vehicle till I had a unrestricted license it is the law. My lease company didn't care nor any dealer I dealt with. Just an FYI

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join