It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning Stages of World War III, Does It Look Like THIS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Putin's boost in battle against ISIS: China preparing to 'team up with Russia in Syria'

Well, the more the merrier against ISIS, right? Why is the U.S. slacking so badly? Is the U.S. really supporting ISIS?? I kinda looks that way...
edit on 8-10-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Putin's boost in battle against ISIS: China preparing to 'team up with Russia in Syria'

Well, the more the merrier against ISIS, right? Why is the U.S. slacking so badly? Is the U.S. really supporting ISIS?? I kinda looks that way...

The US has to stay out. Russia is supporting Assad while we want to remove Assad. The end game here is that the US/Russia team up to kill ISIS but then the pro/anti Assad forces are left fighting each other which will result in Russian/US troops directly shooting at each other at which point all hell breaks loose.

My best guess here is that the US trained contingent will let Russia exhaust itself on ISIS and then turn around (without direct US help) and go for Assad over ISIS, with any luck getting them in a 2 front attack. At which point the US could step back in and oppose ISIS more directly.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Wookiep

The US has to stay out. Russia is supporting Assad while we want to remove Assad. The end game here is that the US/Russia team up to kill ISIS but then the pro/anti Assad forces are left fighting each other which will result in Russian/US troops directly shooting at each other at which point all hell breaks loose.

My best guess here is that the US trained contingent will let Russia exhaust itself on ISIS and then turn around (without direct US help) and go for Assad over ISIS, with any luck getting them in a 2 will NOT "exont attack. At which point the US could step back in and oppose ISIS more directly.

Your anology is wrong, "Rus" ( Russia) will NOT "exhaust" it's self against ISIS for a few reasons, one of which is that, The "Rus Mil" (Russian Military) is better trained/equiped & they'll quickly destroy them, only those who believe Western Propaganda that the Soviets "lost to the Afghans", would believe/ say "Russia will exhaust it's self" against ISIS who are the real defanition of "rag-tag" wanna be military threat.
edit on 9-10-2015 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2015 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ATSWATCHER

So okay ... the Russians and Assad's forces probably won't 'exhaust' themselves against ISIS, I agree.

But they will lose good people.

Why?

At least in part because American Raytheon designed TOW antitank missiles have fallen into the wrong hands AKA: ISIS, but also purposefully into the so-called moderate Syrian rebels, if there is such a thing.

WTF. I don't want to see dead Russians from American weapons, but if they bring armor to bear in Syria, it could happen.

Here is just one video of the TOW:

www.youtube.com...

There are more and better videos, and the ISIS folks seem to always attribute the killing of a target to Allah.. Whatever.

The truth is American weapons could kill Russians, and though it may not stop their advance, it is not going to be a happy situation.

I just wish this whole Syria war thing could be negotiated to some other non-violent settlement.

TOW are like the stinger missiles, in a way. Not to refute what you say ... but there will be losses, and a chance to either escalate, or leave.

I don't think Russia will leave Syria like it left Afghanistan due to the stinger missile issue.

The stakes for Russia in Syria are actually higher than the stakes for Russia in Afghanistan were, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

So okay ... the Russians and Assad's forces probably won't 'exhaust' themselves against ISIS, I agree.

Why?

At least in part because American Raytheon designed TOW antitank missiles have fallen into the wrong hands AKA: ISIS, but also purposefully into the so-called moderate Syrian rebels, if there is such a thing.

WTF. I don't want to see dead Russians from American weapons, but if they bring armor to bear in Syria, it could happen.

www.youtube.com...

There are more and better videos, and the ISIS folks seem to always attribute the killing of a target to Allah.. Whatever.

The truth is American weapons could kill Russians, and though it may not stop their advance, it is not going to be a happy situation.

I just wish this whole Syria war thing could be negotiated to some other non-violent settlement.

TOW are like the stinger missiles, in a way. Not to refute what you say ... but there will be losses, and a chance to either escalate, or leave.

I don't think Russia will leave Syria like it left Afghanistan due to the stinger missile issue.

The stakes for Russia in Syria are actually higher than the stakes for Russia in Afghanistan were, IMHO.

On 8-8-2008 The U.S./Israeli "trained-supplied" Georgian Military attacked The Russian PeaceKeeping Troops, in S. Osetia/Abkhazia, in 5 days The Rus Military ( the ill-equiped-trained 58th Brigade to be exact) OBLITERATED the Georgian Army & Navy, and the RuAF Planes that were shot down (4 in total) were ALL downed by old Soviet weapons NOT the new stuff the IDF/ U.S. Military supplied to Georgia. Today trust me when I tell you Russia will loose VERY little AND Destroy VERY MUCH.
edit on 12-10-2015 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Why?

www.youtube.com...

1. They Never left Afghan bec of the S.M. ( Stinger-Missile) Issue, they did NOT lose that many helecopters/planes to the Stinger, like The U.S. Gov/Mil likes to "exaggerate" they left because of political-economical reasons, just as we did in Vietnam.

If you read/ watch All the news out of Syria, from lets say 2012- right before this "RuAF bombing of ISIS" you'll see that The Syrian Military was always winning against the Terrorists, the real reason Russia is in there now is to prevent and NATO NFZ (No Fly Zone) against the Syrian Gov.

There is NO settlement that is needed in Syria, because ALL of those fighting groups are invaders with the exeption of the FSA which ARE Syrian citizens but DO NOT represent the majority of Syrian people. ( Thats why Pres. Assad won the election ) what your seeing/hearing on CNN-FOX-MSNBC-CNBC- ABC-NBC-CBS-NPR News is the exact opposite of whats going on in Syria, There is even a video on Youtube of an ABC reporter back I believe it was in 2012, 2013 when she went to do more reporting in the streets of Syria she was surrounded by angry Citizens asking her why the U.S. Media is reporting lies in the U.S. and making it look as if tbe Syrian people do not want Pres. Assad in power.

I suggest you start by looking at Syrian News, and don't listen to that thought thst tells you its propaganda, because it's not, or you can go to Syria your self and see who supports the FSA and the other groups,( No I'm NOT including ISIS, just the other groups that the west says are moderets) llNON of them are wanted by the majority of the Syrian people.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It is true that the Russians disemboweled the Georgians, who were pretty incompetent.

en.wikipedia.org...

BUT the Georgians really did not have the TOW weapon either ...

www.youtube.com...

You compare apples with oranges?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am not saying ISIS are competent ... let us assume they are not. I think they will run away from the Russians.

My problem, and how it relates to this thread, is that American weapons could cause some dead Russians ... and that is bad because then there is an angry Russian family somewhere back in the homeland, and more reason for escalation of the conflict.

This thing just seems to be hopelessly spiraling out of control.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join