It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning Stages of World War III, Does It Look Like THIS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

You're right it got tense in the 80's. I remember watching the movie "The Day After", scared that crap outta me. But back then, the ME was pretty stable, much more stable than it is now. Brutal dictators were in place back then, but they HAD to be there. We are seeing now WHY they had to be there. We have since made a much bigger mess over there by removing them..
edit on 5-10-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There are way to many players. Poland and Israel are getting antsy. I imagine many country's will go to a war footing... the entire middle east should already be there. If India starts a military build up, you can bet Pakistan will.

If Russia and China are looking to start a war, the ME is a good place to start, control of the oil will help them take a logistical advantage. Isn't Europe expecting an extremely cold winter? This will be an uphill battle if Russia and China are holding all the cards. I can't help but worry that the US might sit out the early parts of WWIII. If the US does hesitate, you can bet that North Korea will make a move too.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
We are one step away from all out disaster. All it could take is one misread by either side and we're looking at a major escalation. I think this is the closest we've been to WW3 since the Cuban missile crisis. I've got a fallout shelter that was built in the 50's down the street. I'm not sure I'd want to survive a nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I have that movie on dvd I remember watching it when it aired.
edit on 5-10-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

I have that movie on dvd I remember watching it when it aired.

Same here.. Still hard to watch.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I think ww3 will start with a tactical nuclear strikes...
a reply to: Bicent76

Epurbs over certain strategic locations in the US. MASS power outages and quick alteration of every livestyle instantly.

That's the likely start of WWIII, IMO.

The subtle onset has already begun..

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yeah, the day after was a rough movie to watch.

I remember hearing a radio message drill in the late 80's as a kid in the car, and I thought it was real. Wow. Ugly. I was ready to die. I misunderstood the warning drill, and thought there were nukes in the air.

If the world is on that kind of razor edge brink again, I am older now. And ... I am more worried, because there are so many more people in the world these days, and the death toll would be even more horrific than in the 1980's.

Let us hope somehow cooler heads can prevail. Hope. Hope and drink alcohol, that is how I will spend my time. Lots of both!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Nothing new in my mind. Superpowers playing proxy wars goes way back. I'll play Devils advocate and say the first two world wars were brought upon by military build up and conflicting interests but that was almost eighty years ago. The rhetoric is similar to that of the cold war and doesn't look to change anytime soon. But Obama and most of the candidates don't look to do anything hasty.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know if the US trained Syrian opposition fighters that Russia targeted in the first day or two of their bombing campaign were the ones we spent billions training?

I remember a couple months back that we had spent close to $10 billion (IIRC) to train thousands of civilians. I just can't remember if it was Syria or another country. I do know we ended up training close to two dozen in the end

It does seem Russia is bombing Assad's oppositionm, ISIS or not.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Its not black and white. There are a lot of underlying currents that could cause a massive backlash against the west that wouldn't take much to exploit.

You have the iranians refusing to become a US Puppet State again;
You have Iraqians,Syrians,Libyans that hate the west for killing their families and society;
You have a lot of hatred within Saudi Arabia against their US Puppet State;
You have Egyptans sick of tired of being manipulated by external forces;
You have Greeks paying austerity for bailout of private banks that weren't even Greek.

So if Russian tanks roll it might include a large force wanting to see western manipulation stopped.
edit on 5 10 2015 by glend because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I've seen SO many threads like this over the last several years I've been a member and even well before that as a lurker.. . people take extremes in news and make predictions... we've been living in extreme times since long before any of us were alive, we just live in a time where things are sensationalized for ratings and that news is available on demand .. neither one is responsible, but both.. We've always had mass school killings, we've always had cannibalism ( which is legal with consent by the way ) .. we've always had turmoil in the middle east... we always predict the end times and we've been predicting WW3 since before I was born...

Sure, one day someone is going to get lucky.. but they've far blown their chance for luck as prediction..

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Thanks for your post. I too have witnessed many crazy threads on here. I was probably a lurker since around 06. I don't post things to sensationalize. I posted this because right now, things are hotter than I have seen, really ever, not instigated by ATS, but by world events.

Again, I am not saying we are in WWIII just yet, but I'm damn sure we are in a stage of which at least involves uncharted territory. We just don't know what could happen next, but it isn't looking good from my perspective, which may mean nothing at all. I appreciate your post anyway.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yeah I too have a terrible feeling about this. Pretty much all the major players are now in Syria. All it takes is one mistake.

Eurgh

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: miniatus

Thanks for your post. I too have witnessed many crazy threads on here. I was probably a lurker since around 06. I don't post things to sensationalize. I posted this because right now, things are hotter than I have seen, really ever, not instigated by ATS, but by world events.

Again, I am not saying we are in WWIII just yet, but I'm damn sure we are in a stage of which at least involves uncharted territory. We just don't know what could happen next, but it isn't looking good from my perspective, which may mean nothing at all. I appreciate your post anyway.

I get it.. I've been lurking since a year or so after the show started, I can't recall what triggered me to get actually involved but I've been on and off since then... WW3 would be extreme... I don't think we're anywhere near what WW2 actually was... there'a a huge resistance to get involved in that scale of warfare, there's a lack of proper coalition ... and we don't have the stomach for it... that and the people we want to save and the people we want to stop are to intertwined... if you're talking about the north? they wouldn't .. if they did they would be obliterated.... if you mean Russia.. I don't think they want that... if you mean ISIS that is the biggest threat but when they become a REAL threat ( which is sad to say because they do awful things ) ... sadly they only pose a local threat now so it's up to the middle east to handle it and we're throwing a supporting roll.. that's not a global threat as of yet .. not unless they invade larger targets....

I don't say I agree with this.. but that will be what will lead to an escalation.. we're not there

edit on 10/5/2015 by miniatus because: spelling correction...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: Bicent76

I don't think there will be a nuclear exchange. WWIII will just go down in the annals of history as being a lot of proxy wars.

If Russia were to attack the mainland of the US with nuclear weapons it would be the end of all nations. We'd retaliate in full force, probably with backing from the UK. France might sit it out, but I doubt even that.

China would his back and side with whichever faction they assumed to be the winner. Or they'd make a mad grab for territory (South China Sea nations, Korean peninsula, and Japan) while the rest of the world is distracted and tied up elsewhere.

I think it will be a sneak attack something similar to pearl harbor, but with nukes...

That is my guess..

That is usually how wars start...

For the same reason also over OIL...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well if WW3 kicking off I want no part.

I think both sides are as bad as each over.

No fighting in this war for me. Dying for retarded causes is .....well for retards.

I respect the sentiment, it's just rather nihilistic.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I've been on here since 2007. I sincerely believe we are very close to something terrible.

What happens if Turkey hits Russian planes? Or Russia hits Israeli or US planes? Or the US hits Russian troops?

Or if the USA hits Iranian troops? Or Iran hits US planes? Or any other combinations.

We have Hezbollah, Iran, Syrian loyalists, Syrian rebels, ISIS, Russia, China (enroute), USA and the Coalition... Israel. Turkey, various factions of Kurds....

Lots of conflicting elements right there.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
the irony here is, this is a biblical story. Not much of a religious guy these days but I remember during my theological days studying this. The irony is the stage is set.. The big bear is in the Middle east.. It's air force is flying around...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

If Russia were to attack the mainland of the US with nuclear weapons it would be the end of all nations. We'd retaliate in full force, probably with backing from the UK. France might sit it out, but I doubt even that.

No, actually France will strike Russia before any other Ally in Europe if the U.S. is hit. Our military intelligence units are very close with each other and that is the SOP for any attack on the U.S. from Russia.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It hasn't happened yet except on TV and in movies… unlike TV, there won't be any warning.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join