It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Students Revolt After Principal CANCELS ‘AMERICA PRIDE DAY’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Apparently one of my two guesses was correct.

It was your guesses that were idiotic perhaps I should have spelled that out.

I was simply pointing out how convenient it is to use arguments like that when it fits an agenda, such as to ridicule someone being supportive of the US by wanting to display the flag regardless of manner.

Just because a person is ignorant of the flag codes doesn't give them the right to use the flag however they please. You don't support something by disrespecting it.

I believe you have argued numerous times about the intentions of someone versus the knowledge of someone being a key part in how the issue is interpreted.

Once again just because a person is ignorant of something doesn't give them the right to do as they please.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Okay I'll give you toga day because at least I've heard of something similar before. But college day? What are they gonna do- pretend to be a few years older and experiment with homosexuality?

Typically college day would be a day to wear the colors of the college you support. I guess you find wearing sports jerseys odd as well?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

What are they gonna do- pretend to be a few years older and experiment with homosexuality?

More than likely they will come to school dunk and stoned.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Okay I'll give you toga day because at least I've heard of something similar before. But college day? What are they gonna do- pretend to be a few years older and experiment with homosexuality?

LOL! IS that what you "experimented with" in college?

Actually, lots of schools have College Day, getting kids excited about attending. It looks like a heck of a lot of fun. I didn't go to high school, so missed out on a lot.

High school teachers and educators can choose from a variety of lesson plans that have been specifically designed for College Day. Longer lesson plans can be completed over one or more days. This website also provides supporting materials including handouts, posters, games, and other resources to help students get excited about college.

Each high school should be on the lookout for the College Day Kit, which all Santa Clara County schools will receive in September. It includes College Day Posters for every classroom and other giveaways to encourage students to participate in College Day.

College Day

link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Apparently one of my two guesses was correct.

It was your guesses that were idiotic perhaps I should have spelled that out.

I was simply pointing out how convenient it is to use arguments like that when it fits an agenda, such as to ridicule someone being supportive of the US by wanting to display the flag regardless of manner.

Just because a person is ignorant of the flag codes doesn't give them the right to use the flag however they please. You don't support something by disrespecting it.

I believe you have argued numerous times about the intentions of someone versus the knowledge of someone being a key part in how the issue is interpreted.

Once again just because a person is ignorant of something doesn't give them the right to do as they please.

How were my guesses idiotic? I made 2 and one was correct?

So in your view, anyone coming to the states as an immigrant, or already in the states as a citizen, is ignorant and should be called such up until the point at which they know, understand and abide by all governing US laws and Codes? That sure is s far cry from most of your other arguments of acceptance and understanding for those entering the US.

link   

a reply to: TsukiLunar

What are they gonna do- pretend to be a few years older and experiment with homosexuality?

More than likely they will come to school dunk and stoned.

Based on my recollection of high school..... so what would be the difference?

link   
a reply to: buster2010

My high school had a lot of college days then.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

More fun to react with a jerk of your knee than it is to read and understand the article, hey? Same for 95% of the people responding to this thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I didn't Go to college so I never got the chance. Maybe I will attend someday soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mulder85

More fun to react with a jerk of your knee than it is to read and understand the article, hey? Same for 95% of the people responding to this thread.

Actually the enjoyable part is reading the responses of cucks like yourself.

It's plain to see; wearing a red, white and blue shirt to school is somehow an unconscious mico-aggression and you're a bigot, but holding mexican mayonnaise day is legit.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Spit at his feet when he walks by. Don't let your child to close

a reply to: StoutBroux

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Immigrants are proud to be American. And there is nothing to be ashamed of that. Its a noble thing to do.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: mulder85

Actually the enjoyable part is reading the responses of cucks like yourself.

It's plain to see; wearing a red, white and blue shirt to school is somehow an unconscious mico-aggression and you're a bigot, but holding mexican mayonnaise day is legit.

....No. That's what you want me to be saying, so that you have something to react to. Why are you so quick to jump on the defensive about being a bigot? A little nervous about how people might interpret the text under your name? You took it from a site devoted to "White Identity, Interests and Culture" after all, but no, no bigotry here.

ETA: In the interest of staying on topic, I'll say that it seems the decision was made jointly by staff and the student body.
edit on 5-10-2015 by mulder85 because: Staying on topic

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm in the UK but why the hell can't you have an American Pride day when you are in America, if the immigrant does not accept and American Pride day then why the hell are they there. Enough of this PC crap, if people come to the country and have another agenda then kick them out otherwise enjoy the country you are in and get on with the people.

Mind you, you have to partly blame the limp officials looking to please a minority with a loud mouth..

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
How about take the kids that feel left out along with their parents and send them back to whatever country their heart apparently belongs to.

A country with no social cohesion is no longer a functional state.
That is precisely what unlimited immigration and Anti-American attitudes being pushed by the PTB are attempting to do.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Yes, I put this in the political forum. There are not enough words that I can express my extreme disgust with this principal. I hope he is fired immediately.

Students at a Wyoming high school took matters into their own hands last week by festooning themselves in the colors of the American flag after the principal and an assistant principal canceled “America Pride Day” over concerns that some immigrant students could feel sad and left out.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Why should he be fired for doing what a majority of the students wanted? From the article you linked.

“Three times as many students indicated that they were not in support of selecting the title ‘America Day,'” Crisp told the News&Guide. “I’m charged with looking at a school with 660 kids, and I have to ensure that all those kids feel part of a student body. Regardless of the name of the day, we want to ensure that activities of the week…bring our students together holistically as a student body.”

I think this is the crux of the matter and of the changes. There was a time when all immigrants came into a country proud to become a part of that country! They learned the language and wanted to become (country name's).

The change I have seen and that is being implicated for the sake of a NWO is that immigration means I live in your country but I am not part of your country, I make money here and send it to my own country for the day I will return HOME.

I may even hate your country and you, but I will get what I demand from the weakened society I have become a nail in dry wood and I will break you apart.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Perhaps "America day" does not promote social cohesion whatsoever. I remember the schools I attended had similar "pride" days and while many were gung-ho and celebrated their pride, there were many such as myself that had the attitude of "who gives a damn?". Even some Americans find the ultra-patriotic and "pride" mantra a load of garbage and serves no purpose.

(post by Mloli removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

My guess is Buster follows every code contained here, or is not patriotic and doesn't care about the flag at all:

I follow every one of them. I was taught how to respect the flag way back when I was in the scouts. So is there any other idiotic comment you want to aim in my direction?

Back when countries were taught to respect their nation, an American felt protected by his country wherever he roamed in the world. Being an American citizen automatically made you feel safer anywhere because your country saw you as one of its valued citizens and would protect it's own.

My father stopped at a gas station once in the 50's that was flying a torn and dirty flag, he forced the guy to take it down, why? Because he saw many of his good buddies die to reach,carry, plant and protect that symbol of their own people their wives children and beautiful land itself.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Perhaps "America day" does not promote social cohesion whatsoever. I remember the schools I attended had similar "pride" days and while many were gung-ho and celebrated their pride, there were many such as myself that had the attitude of "who gives a damn?". Even some Americans find the ultra-patriotic and "pride" mantra a load of garbage and serves no purpose.

Now I guess cohesion is GO TIGERS etc.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join