It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Pope Francis Thanked Me for My Courage’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: windword

Liberty Counsel has admitted that the Peru photo is a different event.

Think Progress

I know. www.abovetopsecret.com...

But DID 100K Peruvians get to together to pray for Kim Davis at all, or was it a total lie? Since her legal team posted that picture as proof, can anything they say about this supposed event, or what the Pope supposedly said to Kim Davis, be trusted at all?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I'm not sure if it's your avatar or you substance I am agreeing with.

1) The Pope is a joke. Nobody I know, except Mexicans, even care for the Pope. He probably has his own personal army on here defending him. I love my wife more than words can describe, yet she has some thoughts I just don't Understand. She just needs to come to Poppa.

2) Why didn't the pope call in all Bishops and Cardinal's to a huge stadium. Why not arrest the ones that have been shuffled around? This Pope is a joke. His Organization traffics Pedophiles yet no meeting for them?

He has many criminals he ranks over.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Ah. Sorry, I missed that. No, 100K Peruvians didn't get together to pray for Kim Davis... it was a total lie. Her lawyers are claiming they just parroted with the President of Peru told them. What that means for an alleged meeting with the Pope, I don't know. It seems silly to me that he would meet with her but it seems equally silly and too risky that she would lie about it. The Vatican PR team doesn't deny it but won't comment any further on it... but Vatican PR and other people in power at the Vatican aren't happy with Pope Francis either. The whole thing is weird.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

That's the thing about bigotry, the person doing it feels like they are in the right even though no one else does. Bigotry starts from a premise of irrationality, so there is no reasoning with it. Bigots usually ignore facts and evidence that paint their stereotypes and bigoted ideas as wrong. So it is no surprising that Davis feels like she is obeying her conscious here. Her conscious is warped by irrationality and hate.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yeah maybe the "Holy Father' for the most people on Earth doesn't know the US Constitution. Hardly, more like a sleeper cell. I smell Theocracy.
BTW, who said all or nothing? Plan to expand?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
But the Pope (of which I am not a fan, to be candid) meets with this Davis character, and people are getting all worked. So strange.

I personally don't think she deserved a personal meeting with the Pope.

I want to know who set it up.

She's not Cathloic. She took an oath, for her job, to uphold the Constitution. She's preventing other people from doing the job. She's denying rights of others.

The Pope needs to stay out of American politics.

edit on 30-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

The term 'Conscientious Objection' implies no actions which would trample anyone's rights.

Which is why I said...

"Conscientious objection" is fine. Until it is taken to the extent of trampling someone elses rights.

If the Government makes a law trampling someone's rights that is against the Constitution. An Individual refusing to hand out an application or refusing to sign a license does not trample someone's rights.

But the government has made no law here. They have only upheld the 14th amendment. And by denying those people who have a right to be married under the protection of that amendment, she has denied(trampled on) their equal rights.

Government should and does have policies for dealing with problem employees. The policy should be followed, or we are a Banana Republic.

Agreed.

Perhaps he did not agree with her stance, but he did agree with her right to have that stance.

Which is basically the same thing I said. Perhaps I should have been clearer.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
2) Why didn't the pope call in all Bishops and Cardinal's to a huge stadium. Why not arrest the ones that have been shuffled around? This Pope is a joke. His Organization traffics Pedophiles yet no meeting for them?

He has many criminals he ranks over.

But he's good enough to vet a bigot though.
Assuming there's something to this. Like you said in the OP:

Although it may be true that the Pope was not directly addressing Kim Davis in his talks with reporters.

Again....

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

That's the thing about bigotry, the person doing it feels like they are in the right even though no one else does. Bigotry starts from a premise of irrationality, so there is no reasoning with it. Bigots usually ignore facts and evidence that paint their stereotypes and bigoted ideas as wrong. So it is no surprising that Davis feels like she is obeying her conscious here. Her conscious is warped by irrationality and hate.

Or from a feeling of superiority. Because... "the elect of god". Or as Augustus puts it. "Saint Kimmy".

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

There's a general implication that anyone center or left of center is now in a bind over supporting the Pope, I'm simply disagreeing that there's a bind.

It's entirely possible for Pope Francis to not fully understand the COTUS, a good number of Americans don't and most of the people we elect don't.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Ah. Sorry, I missed that. No, 100K Peruvians didn't get together to pray for Kim Davis... it was a total lie. Her lawyers are claiming they just parroted with the President of Peru told them. What that means for an alleged meeting with the Pope, I don't know. It seems silly to me that he would meet with her but it seems equally silly and too risky that she would lie about it. The Vatican PR team doesn't deny it but won't comment any further on it... but Vatican PR and other people in power at the Vatican aren't happy with Pope Francis either. The whole thing is weird.

Yep....and there's these:

Pope Francis Apologizes for Pentecostal Persecution, But Italy's Evangelicals Remain Wary

Pope Francis Becomes First Pope to Visit Pentecostal Church; Calls Evangelicals His 'Brothers'

Like I said earlier, it's baffling to me that Pentecostals, as Kim Davis is, would get all worked up about the Pope in the first place. Most of the Pentecostals that I know think the Pope is the Antichrist!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Like I said earlier, it's baffling to me that Pentecostals, as Kim Davis is, would get all worked up about the Pope in the first place. Most of the Pentecostals that I know think the Pope is the Antichrist!

The Pope is one of the most powerful men in the world. If there's some way to make him appear to support one of their own it's a coup. "WE'RE RIGHT. EVEN THE POPE SAYS SO." Or as sailors say, "Any port in a storm."

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A lot of people think this was inappropriate.

Lots of comments on news sites carrying this story.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Not sure what to make of it, particularly as obviously we don't know what was discussed between them if they did meet, but even on what has been reported, I'm not sure I read it that the Pope said he agreed with her opinion, but that he agreed with her right to have an opinion based on her moral stance. If that is the case I kind of agree but it's a tricky one in that if you never want to kill someone then you shouldn't join the infantry if you will pardon my use of a metaphor.

She is really no more or less of a bigot than those that oppose her are. Bigots on both sides simply fighting over who has the right opinion and the opinion to be ignored. Playing all the same games, using the exact same talking points, and the cycle continues

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
LGBT Catholics 'Disappointed,' Fearful After Pope Francis Met Kim Davis

Activists who represent lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Catholics tell The Advocate they are concerned about now-confirmed reports of a meeting between Pope Francis and antigay Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, fearing that such a meeting could set back what little support there is for the disenfranchised faithful.

"The news that Pope Francis met with Kim Davis while failing to respond to repeated requests for dialogue with LGBT Catholics and their families will be deeply disappointing to many Catholics, gay, trans, and straight alike," says Marianne Duddy-Burke, executive director of DignityUSA, in an email to The Advocate.

"It put the weight of the Vatican behind the US Catholic bishops’ claims of victimization, and supports those who want to make it more difficult for same-sex couples to exercise their civil rights.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Not sure what to make of it, particularly as obviously we don't know what was discussed between them if they did meet, but even on what has been reported, I'm not sure I read it that the Pope said he agreed with her opinion, but that he agreed with her right to have an opinion based on her moral stance. If that is the case I kind of agree but it's a tricky one in that if you never want to kill someone then you shouldn't join the infantry if you will pardon my use of a metaphor.

She is really no more or less of a bigot than those that oppose her are. Bigots on both sides simply fighting over who has the right opinion and the opinion to be ignored. Playing all the same games, using the exact same talking points, and the cycle continues

NO

Equal Rights is not about being a bigot.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Don't change my mind about the Pope being a hypocrite or Kim Davis being an attention whore. Her faith has nothing to do with her actions. She can say it does all week long from a tall soap box. Bottom line is she didn't like gay folks prior to finding Jesus and now she has a reason and a cause for not liking the gay folks. She now has the attention she so desperately wants. The USA is a nation of laws...not a nation of theocracy. If Ms. Davis wants gods law as she say's to be the law of the land....I'm sure there's a Sharia law country that would welcome her with open arms. I would even buy her the damn ticket.a reply to: uncommitted

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's the thing about bigotry, the person doing it feels like they are in the right even though no one else does. Bigotry starts from a premise of irrationality, so there is no reasoning with it.

I agree. There is no reasoning with it - but from a philosophical angle - we are all bigots if we get right down to it. It's about intolerance - of ideas, religion, race - politics. There are some things that I might handle the same way she did if a few details were rearranged in a similar but different story. If I was told not to approve marriage certificates for gay couples for instance

Times change, people's understanding of right and wrong change. When changes happen very rapidly - I think it's natural to see this kind of thing. Culture doesn't turn on a dime

That doesn't mean Ms. Davis should be permitted to discriminate - legally. The times are changing - our laws should reflect the values of the people - even if it's not all the people. That will never happen anyway

But, the Pope is not beholden to us - our constitution is not on his list of things to uphold. I get what he did and why he did it - even though I seriously wish His Holiness would get on board with certain things that I personally believe are important :-)

But he can't - and won't. He's the pope of 2015. He's budged about as far as he's going to I figure. Still pretty impressive - all things considered

Ms. Davis - is still processing her priorities. She's pretty much hazed herself to prove herself. We all know Jesus didn't ask her to do it. I wonder who did?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If Pope Francis wants to honor conscientious objection, why doesn’t he reinstate Father Roy Bourgeois whose conscience required him to participate in the ordination of a Roman Catholic Woman Priest. If the pope honors conscientious objection, he should honor the consciences of all Catholics who support women’s ordination and provide entrance to the clergy for all women called to ordination. –Francis DeBernardo, New Ways Ministry

newwaysministryblog.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

NO

Equal Rights is not about being a bigot.

Of course not. The only bad bigots are the ones that disagree with you. Unless you're a bad bigot, then the only bad bigots are the ones disagreeing with you. Whatever, bigots all around, the same tired recycled talking points, etc. Each side takes a turn. Since the scotus ruled in favor of gay marriage the same talking points have been recycled. Only difference is the supporters of gay marriage now use the talking points before it was those opposed when it was legal. Same game, always recycled, other side is bigots, etc. Whatever you need to post in order to make the other bigots out to be bad. Feel free
edit on 30-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join