It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrender: San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Isn't that democracy in action?

Shh, democracy doesn't matter, only what right-wingers want.

This is a Constitution issue not a political one. Maybe you could shelve your dogma for one thread?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: makemap

'Dude'

It is pretty clear what the founders meant by arms. After having to run to the French, and Dutch for arms.

I really don't feel like retyping this so here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It said arms, not arm. Who would be carrying multiple muskets back in the day?
So, basically it would mean all kinds of weapons include cutting ones.

Plus, if it was just musket. It would be call the right to bear muskets/firearms. As none of the other weapons were built when it was written. American ancestors had swords too you know. It would've been banned if they were not allowed.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Have anything to say on this?

The proposed new city regulations, which could only be aimed at High Bridge Arms, would have required the shop to take and preserve video of all transactions and turn customers' personal data over to police on a weekly basis

Since it IS the topic.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hey, does anyone else sense a spirit in California kinda like "not for the common ....normals....." own good?
I would not be able to moderate myself there.....like in San Diego in the summertime or something like that .....yeah, wow

edit on 27-9-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

On a municipal level, i have less issue with it than on a state or federal level.

If a city doesn't want guns...let them have their utopia. I can easily move outside of the incorporated limits and live in the county.

Or just stay my ass in Texas. With all my ex's.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No worries, (D) Sen. Leland Yee will smuggle enough guns in to make up for the closure. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was thinking that maybe guns should come with a digital camera taking pictures at every shots fired?
I don't think it's a bad idea but...

The bigget problem would be getting that technology to black market weapons because it's always law abbiding citizens that have to suffer those types of regulations.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Good Friend Lives in Frisco
love to visit, wouldn't wanna live there.

Just popped in on him recently.
for a quick visit.
Every time we left his house.
He had to stash all his electronics.
I asked what he was doing, he said Prop47.

SFBAY NEWS

So they lowered the penalty for theft.
And now every1 is getting robbed.
not just cars, they are breaking into dwellings
looking for Fruit products.
he had already been hit a few weeks before.
And Didn't wanna tell me for fear I'd leave.
Apparently every1 in his neighborhood had been hit.

Needless to say I split town
the next day.
Cut trip short by 2days.

WTF is going on out there

p.s. he lives in a nice hood

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

SF is one of the most expensive large cities in the US, most working people cannot afford to live anywhere near the city, many people that work in the city commute into town and live elsewhere where its less crowded and obviously more affordable, there is a significant number of homeless/unemployed people living in third world conditions right there in the city and crime is a problem, a big problem

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
All those regulations needed to exercise your second amendment rights, but ask one voter for a photo ID and everybody loses their mind.....

Too true.
IMO the vote has done more damage to this country than guns ever have.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So, this is not really about gun registration but about registering citizens with guns. What else can this be other than that? The gun does not matter, but rather the person owning the gun. How can this not be compared to 1940's Germany? Russia?

Sigh, but this is so easy to do. Have the media report how many people die by the gun, propose legislation that really does nothing to alleviate the problem, gauge public reaction, back off if necessary, increase media reports, get legislation passed. Wham, bam and done. It is easy to lead a country of sheep, just keep the stories of the Big Bad Wolf front and center and they will all fall into line.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What many don't understand is that outside of LA, Sacramento, and the Bay Area Californians are conservative and and even pretty libertarian. I live in Placer County which is 47% Republican, 28% Democrat, a small mix of others and then 20.7% "No Party Preference" or "Non-Partisan."

When the state switched to a one man one vote democratic representation, this allowed the big cities to take over. LA county has 35 representatives in Sacramento. There are 114 State Representatives total. The northern 1/3 of the ENTIRE STATE has only 6 representatives in Sacramento. This is why the northern counties want to separate, which they formally did in 1941, but several days later, when Pearl Harbor was attacked they set those efforts aside for the war. Now the movement has been gaining steam again. Driving into the agricultural areas of CA from the big cities are like a different state, and going way up north into Jefferson territory is like an entirely different country compared to the rest of CA. It's all about family, farming, guns, trucks, etc. lol

This is the pic I use when I educate people on our lack of representation in Sacramento in the northern counties...you'd be amazed how many people just don't realize how screwed over by LA and the the rest of the state we are.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
California has gone so far off the rails that we should simply let them become their own country and be done with them. This is another disgusting example of the authoritarian policies the people of this 'state' accept as normal.

Second that! Thought the same thing even before I read your post. It's too bad they have such influence over the rest of the country because of their large populous.

Their liberal attitudes are poisoning the rest of the nation as people tired of CA move to other states and start spewing their toxic policies. You wouldn't believe how many people I have talked to, fed up with the bullcrap in their states which is a direct result of CA effects. They HATE Californians.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Illinois: need a gun license to own a gun. Southside Chicago: murder capital of America. Any questions?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Blame this on idiotic city managers, not liberals.

Many Leftists, such as myself, are outspoken 2nd amendment supporters and think the anti-firearm culture is going too far.

I can't and won't argue your personal view...I believe you are being truthful. But gun rights, and all rights are at risk from the left. They won't be truly happy until we are the livestock and they run the farm. It is truly that simple.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
If a city doesn't want guns...let them have their utopia. I can easily move outside of the incorporated limits and live in the county.

I could live with that, but they're never satisfied with that solution. The gun control crowd's position can be summed up as 'my way or the highway.' Along those lines, I see now this morning that NY Governor Andrew Cuomo wants the Democrats in Congress to shut down the Federal government unless/until a strict federal gun control act is passed. I wonder if the same Chicken Little crowd on the left side of the political spectrum will tell us how our doom is imminent if they were to follow his advice? Somehow, given that its a far-left position he's advocating, I have my doubts.

And BTW, here I though the (Un)SAFE Act was supposed to solve their problems? I guess not.

Its never enough and they're never satisfied.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

California

Prop 8

Democracy in action.

Same shoe, different foot.

Nobody really wants mob rule it would seem

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

On Topic - I had a whole thread written on this and had to save it, cause I was running late for an appt. My biggest question was, Couldn't the store file some sort of suit for being targeted? Over bearing politicians just piss me off. The city manager as good as said that the very act of buying a gun made folks a criminal. Hope this doesn't give the anti gun fanatics in Illinois any ideas. They're rabid enough already.
edit on 29-9-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What I dont understand is why people follow these unconstitutional laws. It very specifically says "shall not be infringed ". These laws are illegal and moot inside the United States of America. The constitution supercedes any and all other laws. When is enough, enough? We have CIA handing out not just guns, but military hardware too. And to terrorists and cartels no less. How is it we feel as citizens we dont have our second amendment rights? It really blows my mind!
edit on 29-9-2015 by panaque because: add

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yah, California sucks as far as gun rights. They been eroding them forever. Used to be the biggest gun show in the US was in Pomona, what a riot… Six miles of private tables of everything firearm, from every place and time.

Times they are a changing…

Now we can't have this barrel length and this magazine and this ammo and this many, everything is expensive as hell. A simple knock off pump gage is hundreds of dollars, first questions cops ask after, got any ID is, got any guns?

Nobody open carries, everywhere is cameras and security, mostly for the rich. The rest of us get shot, by criminals or the cops.

Stay home, keep the car windows rolled up, don't forget to set the alarm and whatever you do, don't defend yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join