It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrender: San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
HIgh Bridge Arms a local business that has been around since the 1950's is no more. What a glorious day

And the Light spreads, as usual, from California's enlightened!
It should take a while for those needing to (over)compensate for being hung like a light switch, frightened, Faithless... and various other mental/emotional aberrations to either learn to Love, or die off.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Given the source of this stupidity, I can't say I'm really surprised. This is yet another reason among a great many that I'm glad I don't live there.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
The government cannot stop the gun black markets just like the illegal drugs markets.

Maybe not completly. But Id suspect they could make a significant problem in availability, if you could believe that the Govt itself (CIA) pushes guns on theblack market, just as they do with drugs.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Isn't that democracy in action? California, and SF in particular wanted to get rid of gun shops, and so they did. Clearly there was no market to support in the first place, because if there was people would have been able to lobby to keep their shops and their weapons.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I grew up in San Francisco and there were a number of gun stores. Many were just mom and pop stores that had a small client base of local hunters and shooters.

It's just the wrong city to have a gun store.

It's funny but now people will just drive to nearby communities to make their purchases. It will not have a significant impact on the number of people in SF who have guns or the number of guns available.

Curious. Are you indicating that this may have as much to do with supply and demand as it does regulation?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
they want to ban guns in SF because of the murder recently of local woman by a deranged mexican criminal who was in town illegally, sort of making a news story and a major public statement at the same time, thats how it works now.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Isn't that democracy in action? California, and SF in particular wanted to get rid of gun shops, and so they did. Clearly there was no market to support in the first place, because if there was people would have been able to lobby to keep their shops and their weapons.

No market ?

Well won't be a market when the state specifically targets certain demographics like gun owners.

But of course that doesn't stop people from selling them in some ally from the trunk of their autos.

I don't see how anyone could justify that totalitarianism.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

But of course that doesn't stop people from selling them in some ally from the trunk of their autos.

It's legal to sell your firearm (with some exceptions) to someone else without documenting the transaction or doing a background check. Only dealers have to do that.

We don't want to stop that as it affects legal gun owners more than it affects criminals.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Isn't that democracy in action?

Shh, democracy doesn't matter, only what right-wingers want.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You do Mao proud.

I mean seriously?

Would you stop blaming other people who have no control whatsoever with America? Your just helping them get away with this, that is like blaming China for everything. We nearly went to war early with them since the Cold War. I can tell you it would've been worst if it did happen early. The ones who sold us out are actually white people not other races that control the country. This is why America had nearly destroyed Native Americans.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Blame this on idiotic city managers, not liberals.

Many Leftists, such as myself, are outspoken 2nd amendment supporters and think the anti-firearm culture is going too far.

You can't get more left than San Fran, so those managers are most likely far left too... You are rather rare in the left circle, kind of like a far right christian pro choice...hehe

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Think about the Mao reference for a minute.

This might help.

Firearm ownership law in the People's Republic of China heavily regulates the ownership of firearms. Generally, private citizens are not allowed to possess firearms.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Isn't that democracy in action?

This right winger doesn't want 'democracy'.

He wants to make what were suppose to be created AS.

A constitutional republic where totalitarianism that's pointed out the op DOES NOT EXIST.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Shh, you can't just vote out, ignore, impede an Amendment.

You know I think women should need to show ID, post all their personal data, and all their voting results if they want to vote... Now we all know the 19th gives them the right but this extra stuff doesn't prevent that right...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I know what the law is.

And guess what ?

LEFT WINGERS want that gone too.

That's why they ALWAYS go after gun shows.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Many Leftists, such as myself, are outspoken 2nd amendment supporters and think the anti-firearm culture is going too far.

You can't get more left than San Fran, so those managers are most likely far left too... You are rather rare in the left circle, kind of like a far right christian pro choice...hehe

Not as rare as you may think. It's the outspoken individuals that get the attention, not the everyday, regular guy.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

When helmet laws and seatbelt laws were enacted, it was the beginning of the end. That gave government the right to determine what was best for you.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I'm another one and a California native.....don't worry, this is a big state, with hundreds of gun shops, we won't run out. just as a lot of us think that Alabama is packed full of gomer pyle rednecks, everybody thinks that California is packed with nutty liberals.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Think about the Mao reference for a minute.

This might help.

Firearm ownership law in the People's Republic of China heavily regulates the ownership of firearms. Generally, private citizens are not allowed to possess firearms.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dude, the right to bear arms doesn't mean firearms only. It is an armament from swords to guns.

en.wikipedia.org...

You should be referencing from countries that started it. Like Canada/Nazi Germany when the fake police started raiding homes.

China your still allowed to have swords and spears.

Canada/British colonies bans every weapon include swords.

The right to bear arms was meant so that Americans will no longer follow Imperial British rules and restriction.
edit on 27-9-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

'Dude'

It is pretty clear what the founders meant by arms. After having to run to the French, and Dutch for arms.

I really don't feel like retyping this so here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join