It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrender: San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
HIgh Bridge Arms a local business that has been around since the 1950's is no more. What a glorious day for liberalism in America! Wait til you get a load of why. The new regulations required the shop keepers turn over ALL transactions,ALL customer's personal data, ALL video surveillance to police on a weekly basis. Yeah that is UNFAIR, and it is burdensome, and entirely WRONG. The Peoples Republic of California! What a great and glorious win for freedoms in America!.

The proposed new city regulations, which could only be aimed at High Bridge Arms, would have required the shop to take and preserve video of all transactions and turn customers' personal data over to police on a weekly basis

Flawless victory comrades.

Yo California ?

You do Mao proud.

I mean seriously?

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
California has gone so far off the rails that we should simply let them become their own country and be done with them. This is another disgusting example of the authoritarian policies the people of this 'state' accept as normal.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"This time, it's the idea of filming our customers taking delivery of items after they already completed waiting periods," Alcairo said. "We feel this is a tactic designed to discourage customers from coming to us."

Yeah, this was targeted punitive legislation designed exclusively to bully that particular shop into closing their doors.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
All the San Fran fanatics are feeling the komradery.

The Oath Keepers last dance....
Tony Bennett - 'I left My Heart in San Francisco'

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
California has gone so far off the rails that we should simply let them become their own country and be done with them. This is another disgusting example of the authoritarian policies the people of this 'state' accept as normal.

That will not happen. They will run out of money in weeks.

Many of these Californians are already migrating to Denver, Austin, and other major cities where they are implementing the same policies that made their former home "undesirable" to live in.
edit on 27-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't know why the people of these places accept the heavy handed tactics and draconian policies. I can see why people are moving.
edit on 2015/9/27 by Metallicus because: fixed

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Borderline treasonous, but it's truthful nonetheless that many people would consider removing certain states. Some states want to secceed. A new civil war seems possible, but one with stranger divisions than simple north and south.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Alternate Sources for those that want.

San Francisco’s last gun shop to close over city’s new regs

I believe the laws that are closing the store are for the political benefit of those proposing them,” said shopper Michael Wehle, a software engineer in San Francisco who was buying a Berreta M9 pistol Friday. “The idea of a major city without a gun store. … I’m disappointed.”

www.sfgate.com...

He's absolutely right about that.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yep coming to sacramento next i am sure .

I am just outside sacramento county . i am a lawful gun owner I respect and honor the laws and constitution ,just waiting for the day the sheriff come knocking on my door to tell me to give up my guns because i am Muslim.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Blame this on idiotic city managers, not liberals.

Many Leftists, such as myself, are outspoken 2nd amendment supporters and think the anti-firearm culture is going too far.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I guess Chicago can relinquish their nickname "2nd City" now.

And look, they have Authoritarian gun laws too !!

Chicago formerly prohibited the sale of firearms within city limits, but on January 6, 2014, a federal judge ruled that this was unconstitutional. The judge granted the city's request for six months to pass new laws regulating gun shops.

On June 25, 2014, the city council passed a new law, allowing gun stores but restricting them to certain limited areas of the city, requiring that all gun sales be videotaped, and limiting buyers to one gun per 30-day period.

Store owners must make their records available to the police, and employees must be trained to identify possible straw purchasers.

2nd City

Great for criminals.

edit on Sep-27-2015 by xuenchen because: have gun will travel

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
All those regulations needed to exercise your second amendment rights, but ask one voter for a photo ID and everybody loses their mind.....

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
All those regulations needed to exercise your second amendment rights, but ask one voter for a photo ID and everybody loses their mind.....

Can you imagine it ?

Voting booths with CCD and surveillance, and a transaction for everyone who voted be turned over to the 'vote' police.

They wouldn't stand for such a thing, but hey it's guns no one will 'care'.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Yep coming to sacramento next i am sure .

I am just outside sacramento county . i am a lawful gun owner I respect and honor the laws and constitution ,just waiting for the day the sheriff come knocking on my door to tell me to give up my guns because i am Muslim.

Hello fellow Sacramento resident. I think they might get away with this crap in Northern California, but I'm not sure it would go over so easily in Southern California.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

I don't know why the people of these places accept the heavy handed tactics and draconian policies. I can see why people are moving.

Everybody else left long ago. San Francisco is 33% Asian, 15% Hispanic/Latino. 6% Black, and 42% Caucasian. The push to become gun-free would come from the Asians, Blacks and Latino's, for fear of gang crime.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This will never stop people in CA from buying guns. This will only make the gun black markets grow bigger.

The fact is, our politions are sell outs to the NWO. These people do not serve our interests, and they careless about the Constitutions and We The People.

As long as we continue to allow lobbyists to buy our politions, we will have no real government.

Take money out of the elections and you will have a real government who will defend the Constitution.

As far as guns stores being closed in CA, people will go to another state or they will buy guns under the black markets.
The government cannot stop the gun black markets just like the illegal drugs markets.
Just think we will not have to pay any taxes either, so again the government loses in this battle of control.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
They should have these same regulations on stores in San Francisco selling sex related items like condoms and hand cuffs.They could be used in underage sex acts and rapes. Can't be to careful these days.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

The fact is, our politicians are sell outs to the NWO.

Well since someone brought up the new world order.

I wonder how long it will be before gun control becomes apart of the climate change agenda.

Tick.Tock. Some major bs is gonna strike the clock.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I grew up in San Francisco and there were a number of gun stores. Many were just mom and pop stores that had a small client base of local hunters and shooters.

It's just the wrong city to have a gun store.

It's funny but now people will just drive to nearby communities to make their purchases. It will not have a significant impact on the number of people in SF who have guns or the number of guns available.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join