It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the "craziest" and least conventional thing you believe in?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Bob Lazar.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Meaning you believe he worked on alien technology, right?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I think we all "eat" of each other, and in doing so, we conceive what the other has conceived [of their spirit].

e.g.
My words here are my images(my body)
of my awareness (my soul)
of my will (my spirit/desire) to tell you this.

(These words are the image of my awareness of my will to tell you this.)

and when you take in these words/images/shapes/body/structure, you can see, or conceive, my will/spirit as I have seen it/conceived it/shaped it.

And it works like this for all things, not just humans.

So what we are eating is other spirits fruit/words/body. And the supposed chemical reactions that we have when eating them, are actually our interpretation of their conceptions (their structured will).

So all things we eat are likened to "hallucinogens", in that, you are seeing what the thing saw or structured their will as.

e.g. What we see and call matter is not objects with forces in them, or about them, but they are forces/will/spirits that are structured. We take in each others' structured will, and we restructure it as the images of our awareness of the spirit, as our bodies/words/mental images/feelings/conceptions.

And the goal is to be fruit that God will take in, or not spit out.

Revelation 3:
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

What do you think the sup is? I think it is each other.
edit on 9/26/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
I believe that Oasis were the best band of the 90s.
Flame away.

It has been scientifically proven that 'Jane's Addiction' and 'Soundgarden' were the best.
Numbers don't lie.
'Mr. Bungle' created a dimensional rift that has added an element of quantum indetermamentification to the equation.
edit on 26-9-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
a reply to: NightFlight

Is so fascinating I forgot my coffee and now it's cold lol
I would love to see a thread about this.
Make us think

Definitely. Would be a great thread topic.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm gonna say that my craziest belief is.......

Wait a second... I don't believe much of anything.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ghosts

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Ghosts

See...here's the thing.

Do you actually have anything solid you can put your belief on when it comes to ghosts?

I for one have had "experiences". Some...well....rather personal. Such as, with a dead family member.

But, truth be told....I don't know what actually did happen. It could have been a rather large bit of undigested beef from dinner. It could have been magnetic interference with my brain (think, Electromagnetic stimulation of the brain to induce "Holy Experiences"). It could have been a fluctuation in the efficacy of my medication, of which I do take meds for a select few mental issues. It could have been pareidolia. It could have been a self induced hallucination.

The simple fact is, I have nothing and not a one person to corroborate my personal experience.

After all, if a tree falls in the forest, does it actually make a sound?

Zazzy, please don't think I'm calling you out, as I am most definitely am not looking to do that. I am merely using the commonality in our personal experiences to underscore my own personal viewpoint on the matter.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I believe in most things paranormal and metaphysical. And, in the light of several things that have been happening to me lately, I'm starting to believe that someone does answer our prayers, but under the condition that you have noble intentions for doing so (for example, praying you win the lottery probably won't cut it; but praying that the guy that wins the lottery uses the money to help others might). I know, weird theory.

I also believe in the parallel universe/multiverse theories: Assuming the theory that we have a spiritual body, and that we are here to learn, what is the quickest way to amass the most knowledge? Split up and simultaneously learn the lessons in a different universe. That short story The Egg is what got me going.

-foss

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Ghosts are fun.

We've had a great ol' time interacting together since I was born.

Some in good ways. Some in not so good ways.
Some in "Hey. You. Spook. GTFO before I smash you" ways.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
I believe that Oasis were the best band of the 90s.

Flame away.

You mean, Slide Away? :p

I really love Oasis and all, but best band of the 90's?
Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead or Garbage...can't decide which!

As for the thread...believe? I'm probably the most open skeptic around and I think all's been said already since now.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I like to ride the Hollow Earth (Agartha) bus on occasion.

I am currently hitch hiking with the nephalim/demon thing.

I do actually believe in another dimension/timeline (something) that exists next to ours where things can bleed through. Kind of like hauntings and such... But they wouldn't be actual "dead people" hauntings (which I don't believe in) that most assume. It would just be that reality peaking through to ours on occasion.

I believe the day we are born we are marked with the day we will die and there is no changing it.

I firmly believe that history is being rewritten currently and it may have been rewritten many times before.

edit on 9/27/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
On discussing this thread with NonSpecific apparently my beliefs aren't particularly mainstream, when I always thought I wasn't the most hippy or "crazy" of the people I know. And Nonspecific accuses me of having a "twee" life, and appreantly this is now tinged with 'Crazy'!

I believe very strongly in Karma- but I can't believe that this is an unconventional viewpoint.

Karma is great it frees you of anger, revenge, hurt, because in the end Karma will deal with it all.

And I also believe that humans don't belong and did not originate from Earth.

I also believe that you die when you are meant to die. and you can't change that however healthy or fit you are.

edit on 27/9/2015 by MrsNonSpecific because: missed one belief out

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I believe I chose to be here (my life).

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
That the American dream is still alive without having to sell yourself, brown-nose, or otherwise scheme your way to your goals.

In all seriousness, I believe in reincarnation and past lives. I, myself, sometimes feel far too connected to nature than people around me. No joke, I will start tearing up at the sight of giraffes, bears, lizards, anything! It's not even anything sad like those ASPCA commercials. The other night, I was watching some music video that had footage of a giraffe just munching peacefully on leaves. I bawled for no reason other than the fact that there was a dang giraffe.

Then again, maybe I'm just that passionate about their preservation. It would be cool to know for a fact that I had a past life, even if it wasn't a hungry giraffe!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Even though I am constantly proven wrong about it I generally believe that the average intelligence of people is fairly high.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Earth is a prison planet where evil souls are quarantined until the day of judgment; Then said souls will be formatted and recycled into sheep or frogs. They will remain in that incarnation until the next cycle of guanumbdrum takes place in 2090.

However with the proper ritual, even on earth the cycle can be broken with the help of a Mexican Conan the Barbarian who holds the keys to the otherworld. A place of dark beauty and fluid dynamics. Any one can live there for as long as they want if they remain employed and relatively sober.

edit on 27-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thank you for your continued replies, members! I don't quite have the time I wanted to reply to everyone but the fascinating topics are still flooding in! Thank you.

Personally I believe in some form of karma, and ghosts as well.

I believe in multiple universes, am still on the fence about parallel.

"the egg" is one of my favorite short stories. I'm not sure I believe in what the story entails but it is thought provoking. Reincarnation I'm still contemplating. I do believe in eventual advancement, but the process of how, I am still pondering.

I think humans.... Are a mix of earthen material, and outside stuff. Mainly the soul originating from somewhere different. I actually imagine the soul to be pure light. A God element as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Kanga! Glad to see you reply here, not to single anyone out but over the years, before you were a mod I was even more active, but mainly as a reader, and you always had something good to bring to the table. Thank you for that.

I've never heard the demon, nephalim theory, maybe I'll check it out!

As for other timelines and such, perhaps! With history being rewritten I guess the average person couldn't even tell if things were being manipulated that way

Within my religious beliefs I've always imagined it's a person's time to go, and has always been. It makes it so death doesn't make me as sad - I believe it was meant to happen, and they are somewhere better.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

It seems karma itself is fairly common. Where it comes from is the factor in which doesn't always share commonality.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join